Old Iphones and Ipads

618 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by JSKolache
Philo B 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do y'all do with old iphones and ipads? I have a box of devices from Iphone 5 to maybe Iphone 8 that we couldn't or didn't trade in when we upgraded. The box also has a few 10 year old Kindle tablets (Fire, etc.) I've used them as monitoring cameras in the past, but now we use Blink cameras which are better, newer, and only cost $30 each.

They still work as cameras, recorders, video cameras, and small TVs for streaming, but so do my current iphone and Ipad. I really don't need them, as far as I can tell.

Is the best thing to just take them to a recycle center and be done?
The Fife
Mind if I ask my mom about her Kindle? She uses one that's best described as "fully depreciated" every day and one of those may be newer or better than what she has. Could probably use whatever newer iphone is there too so both the kids can facetime with grandma at the same time without fighting over who gets to hold the ipad.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'd also be interested in a Kindle tablet. Do they work? I have begun reading stuff before bedtime and my eyes don't work like they used to. The kindle app on the phone is ok but kind of a small screen. Lol.

For phones, I use my old ones as streaming devices for music on my porch, shop, garage, and bunkhouse. They have WiFi access so that's all it needs.
Philo B 93
Apologies guys. I got impatient and gave them to an IT buddy for recycling.

I tried to use some of the better devices before disposal. I would feel bad passing that frustration on to anyone.
JSKolache
AG
Factory wipe and sell on ebay.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.