iPhone Alternatives?

1,407 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AustinAg2K
RDV-1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi all. Is there an iPhone alternative that:

1) is less expensive; and
2) can play music saved on my current phone (an iPhone 6s)?

I've got hundreds of songs that I'd like to keep on a phone that can play them. Can android phones do that? If so, what is the best alternative?

I'm 54 and use my phone for music, Texags reading, occasional picture taking, directions, calls/texting, and to listen to the daily audio Bible. My data usage is low to minuscule when compared to a younger person.
double aught
AG
I used to have a Pixel and thought it was a really good phone.

And Project Fi from Google is a good cheap carrier if you don't use much data.

https://fi.google.com/about?pli=1
Iowaggie
AG
Is your music stuff you ripped from a CD and stored on your phone or is it mostly music purchased through iTunes?
I'm not sure it matters, but I'm just curious if it matters.

Do you want to stay in the Apple ecosystem?

I have a Pixel currently. May return to Samsungs on next phone purchase.
RDV-1992
Most of my music is ripped from CD's. But I do have some purchased from the iTunes Store.
RoyVal
AG
just buy a newer "used" iphone and call it a day. if you're not much of a power user...you're going to drive yourself nuts moving over to a different phone brand...just went through this with my father when my brother, who hates apple, moved my dad over to an android phone. Dad calls me a few months later frustrated as hell until I just bought him a new iphone. He's very happy now....
Yellerjacket
RoyVal said:

just buy a newer "used" iphone and call it a day. if you're not much of a power user...you're going to drive yourself nuts moving over to a different phone brand...just went through this with my father when my brother, who hates apple, moved my dad over to an android phone. Dad calls me a few months later frustrated as hell until I just bought him a new iphone. He's very happy now....
I agree. I'm a lifetime Android user and it drives me crazy trying to help out my daughters with their iPhones. I feel like I would never in my lifetime get used to using an iPhone.
Sea Speed
AG
Yellerjacket said:

RoyVal said:

I agree. I'm a lifetime Android user and it drives me crazy trying to help out my daughters with their iPhones. I feel like I would never in my lifetime get used to using an iPhone.

Same. I have a work iPhone and I'd rather throw it in the ocean than use it for anything. It's the worst.
YouBet
AG
Yellerjacket said:

RoyVal said:

Same feeling towards Android. And I'm not a super fan of either. I've used both extensively over the years. They are tools to be used and not worshipped.

This all depends on what you are used to.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Yellerjacket said:

RoyVal said:

I have two Android based phones for business lines and I feel the EXACT same way about them. So much so, I'm probably going to ditch them and get iPhones.
Pman17
AG
iPhone SE
cj774
AG
FYI Apple sells refurbished iPhones.
OldArmy71
AG
I am 75 and finally got my first smart phone 4 and a half years ago. I went with Apple because my son and his wife and my sister and nieces all use iPhone. I got an 8.

It was easy to use and I adjusted to it very quickly. I realized I should have gotten one years ago.

I use mine to text (lots of texting), to call my sister, to take quick photos of the grandkids, and to browse Texags while waiting during appointments. I don't use it for music.

It just died today.

Thinking I would have to get an expensive 14 or 15, I went to the T Mobile store and they sold me an iPhone SE3 because, they said, all the buttons are the same as the 8 but the inside is all updated.

I have to agree. It's pretty much the same phone. I had to get a new charging plug and cable. Not a big deal.

As I said, I don't use mine for music at all, so I don't know anything about that, but the T Mobile guy uploaded all the contents of my old phone to the cloud and downloaded it to the new phone, and now it's like using the old phone.

I recommend the iPhone SE (3rd generation).
RDV-1992
Thanks for all the comments.
AustinAg2K
Unless you are unhappy with the experience, sick with the same operating system. Nearly everyone I know who switched OSs regretted it. It went both ways. People who switched from Android to iOS usually weren't happy, and vice versa. For most people, phones have become commodities. Android and iOS essentially do the same things now and new features are usually back ported after a few months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.