Helldivers 2

21,496 Views | 278 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Dark_Knight
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy crap! This update is nuts!

I need to find a good summary of this and I still don't know everything but jeez they weren't playing around with this….

So far all I can say there's gonna be a lot of people using the gaitling orbital
redline248
AG
You have my attention
evan_aggie
AG
Did they update the difficulty?

I played last night and I've never had so many drop ships come down at Extreme.
KidDoc
AG
I finally got all the basic ship upgrades done. Now on to suicidial + drops!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redline248
AG
There are maybe 3 things I want in the new warbond. The booster is probably the best thing in there. The carbine liberator seems like more of the same. Faster fire rate to put enemies down faster than the generic liberator? Though the damage is lower...
redline248
AG
Suicide really isn't that bad. You'll occasionally get into spots that seem impossible to get out, but I find that's usually b/c I've been incredibly stupid
jokershady
AG
here's a video highlighting everything...it's about 20 minutes long but to break it down...

changed the video...think this one is better.....

redline248
AG
1 minute into the video - I plan to watch more, but I have a comment about this style of video.

He starts off talking about the rocket sentry, and features zero gameplay with the rocket sentry. I get it, talk about the changes in a video asap, and include generic gameplay. It bothers the hell out of me
jokershady
AG
yeah that's pretty much how a majority of these go for dang near every game where they are talking about the game but don't need to show it....probably have hours and hours of random gameplay pre-recorded and just talk into a mic and throw it over a video to make it way faster to put out content....
redline248
AG
KidDoc said:

I finally got all the basic ship upgrades done. Now on to suicidial + drops!
Oh man, you can get super samples on level 6 now
KidDoc
AG
jokershady said:

here's a video highlighting everything...it's about 20 minutes long but to break it down...

changed the video...think this one is better.....

Wow I have a lot to learn about some of the hidden mechanics in this game! I really like his bit on recoil.

Anyone have a good video about "durable" body parts? This is the first I've heard of that hidden mechanic.

Nice to see super samples are dropping on 6 + now instead of 7+

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jokershady
AG
i think the durable body parts referes to how easy it is to blow off limbs and arms for enemies....could be wrong but that's my guess
KidDoc
AG
evan_aggie said:

Did they update the difficulty?

I played last night and I've never had so many drop ships come down at Extreme.
In the linked youtube he says they decreased big armor spawn on higher difficulty but increased swarm spawns to decrease demand/need to anti armor weapons/strategems.
Hagen95
AG
Did they buff the durability of team mates? Don't want to hurt my tk ratio.
redline248
AG
Gonna need more testing, but eagle rocket pods and gatling barrage still don't seem that useful. Rocket sentry is pretty damn good, though. Haven't tested anything else, really
Dark_Knight
AG
Can't wait to jump in a try things out.
KidDoc
AG
Added this to the first post. Had two no-shows in a row so watched the whole dang thing. Very helpful!

KidDoc
AG
Hidden mechanics including armor pen and durability and squishy parts!

Crazy nerdy weapon spreadsheet:

DiversDex : your Pokedex but for Helldivers 2 (Weapons detailed stats, Enemies HPs, Weakpoints, Armor / AP mechanics, Stratagems hidden values and more) : r/Helldivers (reddit.com)

KidDoc
AG
Support weapon tips & tricks:

KidDoc
AG
Some great general tips in this one, stuff I would have never thought of. I'm going to be mapping quick grenade next dive for sure.

redline248
AG
I decided to unlock the new warbond. The carbine is pretty much garbage against bots. I haven't tried the armor yet, as I don't see myself needing to melee too many things. lol
Hagen95
AG
The armor is sleeveless. It scares off bots when you bring out the guns.
KidDoc
AG
Had a pretty good time with randos last night- mostly fighting bots but did a bug dive to get my flamethrower duty done.

I did have my first couple of bad TK moments. On a bot mission we were extracting and some jackhole TK'd me then booted me from the game. It sucks because it was a really good run for me using AC vs the bots and I was carrying 4 or 5 of the super rare samples. I suspect he is one of the idiots that thinks the person carrying the samples keeps them all. People are so dumb. Luckily they do have a block feature so at least I can avoid that person in future dives.

The other TK incident was just a single TK because he thought "I stole his gun" after he died. /shrug
flakrat
AG
When they Tk and boot right before extraction, do you still get credit for the mission and the samples collected by the team?
KidDoc
AG
flakrat said:

When they Tk and boot right before extraction, do you still get credit for the mission and the samples collected by the team?
Nope you get diddly. Other than credit for the daily mission which was flamethrower that I was not using vs bots.
flakrat
Fenrir
The reduction in the call in time for the orbital precision makes it the best strat easily for dealing with heavy enemies. It's always been powerful and does a ton of damage but was hard to be accurate on any mobile target with the 4 sec call in. Really easy to get it accurate enough with that cut in half.

Honestly not sure what I'll need railcanon for anymore.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

I decided to unlock the new warbond. The carbine is pretty much garbage against bots. I haven't tried the armor yet, as I don't see myself needing to melee too many things. lol
saw a video for the new warbond....apparently that secondary pistol shotgun is friggin sweet! its a 3-shot that you can set to fire one shell at a time or all 3 at a time....and when it's all 3 you can one-shot a lot of baddies....

the other cool thing about it is you can reload while shooting, meaning you don't need to have all 3 barrells full to take a shot so if you get in a bind just stop the reload animation and take your shots....

looks sweet but for the most part this warbond overall seems kinda weak....especially the throwing knife.....holy crap i saw a video on that and it's hands down more useless than the smoke bombs.....it's worse than The Acolyte....it's that bad....
redline248
AG
The knife always seemed like just a fun gimmick. It shouldn't be on the 3rd page, though
AtlAg05
AG
The knife is for the memes, but with all the changes to weapons I'm having fun just trying everything. Many options that work well to vary your play style.
Hagen95
AG
This whole war bond just confirmed one of the devs really likes Rambo movies.
KidDoc
AG
This is pretty darn cool.

KidDoc
AG
I'm really developing a hatred or phobia of fire tornadoes
Dark_Knight
AG
Good job tonight, flakrat. Great playing with you.
Sorry I had to run. Work at 0600.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.