Age of Empires II on Xbox

727 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jeffk
High Functioning Moron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone played this yet? It looks like the reviews have been pretty positive so far. Not sure how playing on a controller would be, but the reviews are saying it actually works really well.
jr15aggie
AG
Only thing I remember from back in the day is really loving the game, but once you progress to a certain point you had no choice but to cheat code it. Bring me 25 Dodge Vipers!

Looking forward to playing it again... just busy with a few other games at the moment. Gamepass has been killing it lately. Too much stuff. My "play it later" list is only getting bigger".
13thMan
It's really well done. I've played a handful of campaign missions and some multiplayer skirmishes with some buddies. The graphics are awesome. There are close to 40 civs to choose from.

Figuring things out on the controller takes a little time, but it's not too bad.

I'd definitely recommend it.
agracer
AG
jr15aggie said:

Only thing I remember from back in the day is really loving the game, but once you progress to a certain point you had no choice but to cheat code it. Bring me 25 Dodge Vipers!

Looking forward to playing it again... just busy with a few other games at the moment. Gamepass has been killing it lately. Too much stuff. My "play it later" list is only getting bigger".
The fan campaign's on the AAII Wiki pages were incredible.

I think it was called Ulio that some fan set up with a ton of triggers and pages and pages of maps. Freaking awesome campaign.
Thunder18
AG
I started downloading this yesterday before I hopped off...spent many hours playing this on my old pc back in the day. Definitely hoping we can use the cheat codes. Loved the cobras, space laser guys, free resources, etc...
jeffk
AG
Put a couple of hours into it yesterday. Solid adaptation and retains the fun factor the original had.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.