Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

13,212 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just read that you can tweak settings to help performance on consoles (this is usually reserved for PCs). Turning off motion blur and other setting supposedly helps.

Also just found out that reducing the field of view will help. I did adjust this a bit wider when I started the game... felt too close in default. But I'm having pretty regular framerate issues so I will definitely change it back and see if that helps.
jokershady
AG
So I'm trying to avoid posts on here as I'm still pretty early in the game. Still on the first planet after corriscant (Kobor I think) and at the part where you start going through the forestry area….but I'm spending time exploring so it's taking longer….

However….that friekin Rankor….I probably died 30 times (not exaggerating) with some (more than I care to admit) being the instant kill right off the bat while I'm just trying to run to collect my XP from my last death…..

I probably haven't uttered a profanity out of anger in over a year…..but boy this tested me…..ended up just blessing the coders who designed such an incredible AI…..

My wife found it entertaining at least….

Gave it a break and beat the turd on the first attempt today with my kids watching….
jeffk
AG
After about the 5th instakill, I left that stupid cave and haven't gone back yet.

Is his grab and bite always a one-shot kill, or does that change if you're higher leveled?
Thunder18
AG
jeffk said:

After about the 5th instakill, I left that stupid cave and haven't gone back yet.

Is his grab and bite always a one-shot kill, or does that change if you're higher leveled?

Pretty sure it's always a one shot kill
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yes. I found dodging to the left is easier than trying to go to the right.

I fell to Rick The Door Technicican today.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Yes. I found dodging to the left is easier than trying to go to the right.

I fell to Rick The Door Technicican today.
Best part of the game. Even in new game+ he was worth waiting for him to run down the hallway at full speed.
jokershady
AG
still on the first planet....at a point where ive completed the story so far for this planet and can travel to Jedah which honestly im really excited about because I think rogue one is the best star wars movie.....but there's still 4 rumors for me to uncover on this planet and im really loving the exanded planets and exploring and really dont want to leave until i knock those out....

anyone else doing the same?
Thunder18
AG
jokershady said:

still on the first planet....at a point where ive completed the story so far for this planet and can travel to Jedah which honestly im really excited about because I think rogue one is the best star wars movie.....but there's still 4 rumors for me to uncover on this planet and im really loving the exanded planets and exploring and really dont want to leave until i knock those out....

You may not be able to access all of those rumors just yet. I could be wrong, but just giving you a heads up
jokershady
AG
Thunder18 said:

jokershady said:

You may not be able to access all of those rumors just yet. I could be wrong, but just giving you a heads up
yeah......i already tried the underground high republic temple puzzle.....doesn't seem like i can fully accomplish that one yet
jr15aggie
AG
Yes, I'm a huge sucker for exploring everything. It's why I had to stop playing Skyrim back in the day. I knew I needed to just ignore the new cave I discovered and get back to the main quest, but I was powerless to resist!
wangus12
AG
The biggest pain in my ass in this game is the freaking fractured momentum challenge. **** that thing
BourbonAg
AG
Same.
powerbelly
AG
Going around trying to collect all the chests. I hate the map in this game so much.
TexAgBolter
AG
Coming to Disney+

jeffk
AG
Ran into Rick last night in fact.

I also realized that Skoova Stev is a play on Scuba Steve... I'm slow.
BourbonAg
AG
wangus12 said:

The biggest pain in my ass in this game is the freaking fractured momentum challenge. **** that thing
I haven't tried it yet but I read a tip yesterday that said you can go into settings and turn the speed down to help on this one.
Prime0882
AG
BourbonAg said:

wangus12 said:

I haven't tried it yet but I read a tip yesterday that said you can go into settings and turn the speed down to help on this one.
You serious? I platinumed the game, but those were the most annoying Force Tears to get through. Wish I had known...
jr15aggie
AG
I beat the one that had that alternating red force field that seemed to randomly bounce back and forth. The last section you are sliding and just have to cross your fingers that you hit it right. Took me about 20 times and I was glad to be done with it.

I'm affraid to ask... are there more?
BourbonAg
AG
There are more. Also, that one isn't random. It switches every time you hit the jump button.
BQRyno
AG
The one where the majority of it is ziplining was a pain. That's probably the force tear that took me the longest. But I haven't attempted the double rancors yet. I found it and noped right out.
jr15aggie
AG
BourbonAg said:

There are more. Also, that one isn't random. It switches every time you hit the jump button.

Well...... figuring that out certainly would have made that one easier!
jokershady
AG
The spawn of oggdo was the worst….probably worst than the dang rancor….probably took me over an hour to beat this turd…..
powerbelly
AG
jokershady said:

The spawn of oggdo was the worst….probably worst than the dang rancor….probably took me over an hour to beat this turd…..

I pulled the two hammer guys from the ledge above and they did most of my dirty work
jokershady
AG
powerbelly said:

jokershady said:

I pulled the two hammer guys from the ledge above and they did most of my dirty work
my force pull isn't strong enough….been dumping a lot of skill points in confusion which I must say has made for some interesting encounters….

Just made it to the shattered moon….keep spending too much time exploring on Koboh….

I'll say this…..that camp where the oggro is is really frustrating….decided to quit exploring that area for now after taking out the legion of battle droids in the back corner that come out of the transport expecting something epic there…..only to get a different hairstyle or something…..

…..said, "nope. I'm done. Off to that dang moon now."

….course this was right after beating the oggro and getting an epic pink poncho…..
BQRyno
AG
My favorite part about using confusion is that the enemies talk smack if you just make them fight and don't participate.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jokershady said:

I was really having issues with it until I realized you can jump over and air dash away from basically every attack.
jokershady
AG
Anyone having issues with seeing all the material colors for the saber they have? I know I have more than 7 but for some reason can only see 7 of them
bluefire579
AG
jokershady said:

Just wait until you find the force tear with two of them
jeffk
AG
EDIT - sorry, this was meant to be a reply to jokershady.

You mean the color sets? Each set has five colors nested within it.

One thing I do miss is being able to customize the ship. Why did they take that aspect away?
jr15aggie
AG
This game is pretty awesome. I don't want to post any spoilers, but there are some really great gameplay moments that pop up.

And Rick the Door Technician... lol... yeah that was pretty good stuff!
jeffk
AG
The pose the Mire Terror is striking when you come upon him cracked me up each of the half dozen times I had to go fight him.
jokershady
AG
jeffk said:

EDIT - sorry, this was meant to be a reply to jokershady.

You mean the color sets? Each set has five colors nested within it.

One thing I do miss is being able to customize the ship. Why did they take that aspect away?
I goofed. Everytime I was getting a color set I assumed it was always for the saber but then realized there's different color sets for sabers and BD-1.

Everytime I get a new "explore ability " I always venture away from the main story and start fast traveling to all these new spots I couldn't explore before….

Just got the ability to tag things with BD as well as going through the green force fields so I'm back to exploring Koboh….just made my way through this rather challenging area and discovered an imperial base with tie fighters so I'll be seeing what that's all about tonight.

It's nice to be able to tag the battle/imp droids from a distance and have them fight on my side….that combined with a maxed out "Confusion" force block will make for some entertaining shows….
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I've been taking the game very slow and exploring a ton... feels like I'm getting pretty powerful and the normal enemy encounters are relatively easy now.

I also happened to get a "gain extra experience" perk early on... I think I bought it from that robot Zee using the data pads as credit. That feels like it's helped really shoot my levels up faster. I pretty much have 2 light saber stances maxed out and a lot of my force powers (including confusion) are getting pretty maxed as well.
jokershady
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, I've been taking the game very slow and exploring a ton... feels like I'm getting pretty powerful and the normal enemy encounters are relatively easy now.

I also happened to get a "gain extra experience" perk early on... I think I bought it from that robot Zee using the data pads as credit. That feels like it's helped really shoot my levels up faster. I pretty much have 2 light saber stances maxed out and a lot of my force powers (including confusion) are getting pretty maxed as well.
I have that perk as well but don't seem to be as far along with experience as you….course I have put a lot of my points in "survival" not sure how much you've done of that one…..

Thinking I might use my one free "reset" to get the few points I squandered in stances I'm not using to good use in other areas and keep the rest of my points the same….
jr15aggie
AG
2 Rancors... really!? It's 3 AM... I'm 3/4 drunk, and this is what this game gives me.

I mean, yeah, I totally kicked their ass, but still, that's just not right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.