Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

13,209 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BourbonAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had any issues but I don't have a high-end rig. 2070 Super and a 3700x processor running on a 34" 120hz curved monitor.
powerbelly
AG
txam92 said:

Loved Jedi Fallen Order and wanted to get this but I'm a PC gamer and all the negative feedback about bad performance has me hesitating. Anyone gaming on a PC rig with feedback?
I have had a few crashes but overall am happy with the performance so far.
jr15aggie
AG
The first level was rough on the Series X (performance wise). I have VRR support on my TV, but the frame drops / inconsistent FPS were still noticeable.

Very smooth on the first planet though, much better overall. I guess that first level was more demanding with the various light sources and reflective surfaces.

I think somebody in a previous page posted the same about the PC... it's a lot better after the 1st mission.
txam92
AG
Thanks for the feedback guys.
jeffk
AG
There was a big patch yesterday aimed at fixing some performance issues.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
That koboh rancor took me about 10 tries to kill it
BQRyno
AG
Only 10? I've been out of gaming for a while. It took me an hour.
Kampfers
AG
Wait until you find the Coruscant force tear that makes you fight two Rancor at once.

Definitely felt like that should have been worth more than just a single skill point.
BQRyno
AG
Any chance I can make them have a death match while I sit back and cheer?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Kampfers said:

Wait until you find the Coruscant force tear that makes you fight two Rancor at once.

Definitely felt like that should have been worth more than just a single skill point.

I just killed another one on Koboh yesterday in Pon'qi (butchering that spelling) caverns, on top of fighting three force users and then a dueling arena. Ended up with like 6 skill points out of the entire deal.

Was super hard, make sure you are stocked up before attempting.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
BQRyno said:

Only 10? I've been out of gaming for a while. It took me an hour.

I'm playing on standard difficulty

That grabbing move they have is OP
chase128
AG
Finished the other day. Fun story and game overall, but some of the inconsistencies with combat drove me nuts and stole some of my enjoyment of the experience.

Namely, the final two bosses you end up facing in the main story have red unblockable attacks which track you despite dodging them. Well, they sometimes track you so it was frustrating to figure out what dodging/jump technique was meant to counter their attack.

I personally never found the Rancor mini bosses to be that bad. The unflinchable mega droids towards the end of the game can EAD though.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
as soon as you release the Jedi survivor in the forest array, it was painfully obvious he would be the antagonist

Anyone else see that story gotcha coming from a mile away?

This game is much better than the first. So far the Jedi meditation chambers have been awesome. I think they're even better than BOTW's shrines
jeffk
AG
They remind me of the platforming puzzles from AC.
bluefire579
AG
chase128 said:

Finished the other day. Fun story and game overall, but some of the inconsistencies with combat drove me nuts and stole some of my enjoyment of the experience.

Namely, the final two bosses you end up facing in the main story have red unblockable attacks which track you despite dodging them. Well, they sometimes track you so it was frustrating to figure out what dodging/jump technique was meant to counter their attack.

I personally never found the Rancor mini bosses to be that bad. The unflinchable mega droids towards the end of the game can EAD though.
Definitely agree on the last couple of bosses, particularly the final one. In particular the red attack that comes in the middle of a combo of parry-able moves. Also got annoyed with some of the encounter designs. It feels lazy when you do wave after wave of multiple high level enemies, and of course making you restart when you die right at the end to a stray blaster shot. I wish that games like this who try to take from the Soulsborne formula would pay attention to their approach to enemies.

Otherwise enjoyed the game. In particular love that they didn't try to find a way to strip you of everything from the first one at the start and instead give you a decent kit and build on it from there. Outside of some bugs, the combat still feels fluid. Hope they continue building on the series, or even take the formula and apply it to a different character/time period.
jokershady
AG
Finally got me a PS5 and just started the game. Was a big fan of the first one so REALLY looking forward to this!!

Glad to see they kept a lot of the skills from the first game in this as already learned….would've been dumb to have to relearn/re-acquire everything
jr15aggie
AG
Haven't had much time to play, but I did make it to the Rancor everybody is talking about. Wasn't that bad... beat him somewhere between 10-20 tries. In the end what I learned is he gives you plenty of notice when the Red attacks are coming... so much time that I was panic dodging way too early. As soon as I realized this I took him down on my next attempt. He's still super powerful and cheap at the same time so it's not easy, but do-able.

I'm still having a good amount of frame and FPS drops on Series X in the early areas. I'm not positive, but I believe it's worse when I use quick resume so I typically reboot the game every time I play.

And lastly, I agree that it was very refreshing to see him keep most of his basic powers from the 1st game. The "I lost my powers" opening story sequences have been more than overplayed in other games.
Thunder18
AG
Enjoying it so far, just exploring as much of Koboh as I can before continuing the plot. I freaking love throwing enemies off cliffs
jeffk
AG
Throwing them into each other is really satisfying as well.
jr15aggie
AG
I appreciate how he is an honorable Jedi in the cut scenes, but has zero F's to give when sneaking up behind a raider!

Poor guys look down and see the top half of a lightsaber coming out of their chests... absolutely barbaric!!!
jeffk
AG
It's wonderful to have battle droids and their dialogue back in a game.
powerbelly
AG
jeffk said:

It's wonderful to have battle droids and their dialogue back in a game.
Whoever wrote their dialog needs a raise.
AliasMan02
AG
Hey I got another couple of skill points!

*Dumps them right into Resilience because I die a LOT.*
BQRyno
AG
Just finished the game. That was fun, but multi-phase boss fights can EAD. I got really tempted to drop down the difficulty (I'm on whatever is next to the most difficult) in a couple of those late game fights.

Oh, and resilience was the first thing I maxed as well. I didn't play around much with the different stances. May try to unlock more saber abilities before I quit playing it forever. I used dual blade exclusively.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, I don't think I'll be over-investing into multiple lightsaber styles. As a middle aged gamer I struggle with games that have too many options. My daily brainpower is spent on running a business, kids in college/high school/middle school, etc.

I just don't have the capacity/desire/time to master all the skills in these games.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Crossguard is fun to play with.
BQRyno
AG
I don't know that there was a better option, but they made me less likely to use cross guard by introducing it later after I was already comfortable with another stance and had some perks on it.
CoppellAg93
AG
jr15aggie said:

Yeah, I don't think I'll be over-investing into multiple lightsaber styles. As a middle aged gamer I struggle with games that have too many options. My daily brainpower is spent on running a business, kids in college/high school/middle school, etc.

I just don't have the capacity/desire/time to master all the skills in these games.
Ha ha - exactly why I'm currently sucking at Hogwart's Legacy - constantly hitting the wrong buttons during combat!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The one thing that would enhance game play imo is if they made the block guard more like Sekiro. So the block guard is tougher to whittle down, but once you have broken it down and staggered them it takes your next attack to a straight kill animation.
BQRyno
AG
Another interesting choice in this game was that you could get all the way to the end without REALLY needing to get really good at parrying if you use force skills well. I got to the end with maxed out force abilities, and I used them a ton. Then the last two fights demand parrying (almost exclusively). I got through it and enjoyed the fights anyway, but it seemed like a significant shift.
wangus12
AG
All I got to say is that set piece on Jedha midway through is ****ing awesome
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Was wondering what you were talking about, then I realized once I got to that point today. That was a ton of fun. So far, this is my favorite Star Wars action adventure RPG, and there isn't a close 2nd.

The pilot games, specifically rogue squadron 2 and 3, still win out for me as my favorites. But this game is so much better than I originally thought it would be.
jeffk
AG
These bounty hunters are huge a-holes. Same mechanic as the latest AC games.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm using performance mode on Series X and man the framerate is all over the place still. I even have a really nice VRR capable TV and the game just chugs and becomes a blurry mess all the time.

Is that everyone's experience as well?
wangus12
AG
It's rare for me, but it always seems to he around water.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.