Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

13,203 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reviewers seem to be very, very happy with Survivor
C@LAg
PC version is apparently unoptimized and hosed

also consumes an excessive amount of VRAM (up to 18GB) just running at 1440p.
AliasMan02
AG
Got my "ready to ship" notification today.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Buy it on PS5
wangus12
AG
Played a chunk of the first mission. Running well on Series X. Looks incredible. Great to be back with my boy BD
AliasMan02
AG
Mine is on the delivery truck.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Pman17
AG
The Steam user reviews don't look good. Sounds like the first part wasn't optimized but the rest is fine.

I'm gonna be waiting 6 months anyways when it's $35 on a Steam sale. Blowing $150 on two copies of Zelda in a couple of weeks.
jokershady
AG
Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.

I went to go look this up on the PlayStation store…..did not realize this is 100% next gen and not coming out on PS4….

So now I got to budget and figure out when I'll be upgrading, cause I know I'll be getting the disc version as I have some PS4 games that I'll still want to play.

But….just….Dangit!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Partially through first area of the game on PS5

Combat feels great, game looks great. Performance better than Fallen Order

At the same time, feels like the same game all over again. Cal might be my least favorite Jedi in the Star Wars universe

Game loop is good and keeps you playing, but I'm hoping the story picks up. Feels like more of the same
jeffk
AG
Story changes a bit further along, hang in there.

And I really like Cal and BD. Right amount of snark. Reminds me of Clone Wars Anakin and Ashoka.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
F Rancors
wangus12
AG
Playing on hard and I forgot how much I despise 3 part boss fights in this ge because if you die you gotta start completely over
Quad Dog
AG
Looking forward to this, but it's about to get clobbered by Tears of the Kingdom. Maybe I'll pick this up cheaper once I'm done with TOTK
AliasMan02
AG
Finished the opening mission, playing on default. Proud to say I've only fallen to my death 73 times in the first 90 minutes.

I'm terrible at timing combat but determined not to dial down the difficulty. First major boss whipped my ass good and it took me a few tries. The stances make you make real tactical choices and preparation.

Very well designed first mission... it feels like Cal has not been idle or backtracked. I like the new additions to the parkour. The writing and banter are really good. Emotional notes hit well. BD remains my favorite. Respawn's level design is sooooo good. Reuse of terrain and having depth and height are always so well done.
wangus12
AG
Don't know if anyone else has had this bug, but I've run into 2 different Wampa-like creatures. Died both times before beating them. Both times, I've been unable to recollect my skill points and stuff that you usually get.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Spoilers through Koboh level.

**** yeah! High republic Jedi. I wish we could get a High Republic movie or show.
BQRyno
AG
So is this the first big game made exclusively for next-gen consoles? If so, I may need to jump on it. I enjoyed the previous game, and I've been curious to see how games will look on series x when designed for it rather than "optimized" for it.
powerbelly
AG
I am really enjoying this one. And it's running well on my pc so far
bluefire579
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Spoilers through Koboh level.

**** yeah! High republic Jedi. I wish we could get a High Republic movie or show.
We are. The Acolyte is High Republic.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh badass, thanks!
AliasMan02
AG

F Rancors

This is the truth.

I played it like a little scared *****, but I finally beat that mofo.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
It took me like 30 tries. Ended up watching a video for tips.

You can force pull and push a bone into their mouths for instant stagger once per fight
Rule Number 32
AG
Man this game looks like fun. Been watching it on Twitch this morning. Unfortunately, due to kiddos, I dont have a system or a PC that can run it right now. Twitch will have to work for now...
AliasMan02
AG
I lured him to just under the ledge and then just nibbled away at him with lightsaber throws. Even that took a few tries because when he staggers he steps back, sometimes out of range. Once I got him down to like 10% and had to jump into the pit because he was out of range, and he instakilled me.
Kampfers
AG
I had to drop the difficulty down a level for one of the multipart boss fights because of this. Was just too absurd.

Fairly late game boss spoilers: Vader's third phase was seriously kicking my ass. I could make it through his first two without even being touched and then get immediately shredded. I didn't have as much trouble with the Rancor as others in this thread. I'll also add that my favorite boss by far is Rick the Door Technician. Absolutely lost my **** after I force-pulled him down the hallway onto my saber and he instantly died.

Edit to add other late game spoilers, this time on plot: Bode's heel turn was so effing predictable. I called that on the very first mission. Didn't expect him to be a former Jedi though. Didn't ruin the story for me but it was a bit of an eye roller when he was like "surprise - I've been a spy this whole time!" Like what are cal and Saw Guerra doing cause you would think an operation like theirs would have much better OpSec.
Kampfers
AG

It took me like 30 tries. Ended up watching a video for tips.

You can force pull and push a bone into their mouths for instant stagger once per fight

The upgraded telekinesis force powers were really helpful for me - I can't remember which one works on each mega-boss (sometimes they are resistant to one or another) but you can insta-stagger or interrupt the unblockable moves using them and I found that was more than enough to beat the Rancor. Just stagger - wail on them with your saber to hurt them and recover force - dash back - stagger, rinse and repeat.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL, some of y'all forgot this was a metroid/souls type game... you could always come back and fight the Rancor after leveling up a bit!!!

Busy weekend and I just now got to that 1st planet. Having a great time so far. I'll make sure to skip the Rancor when I see him............ aw hell, who am I kidding, I'll end up fighting that ugly ******* just like the rest of y'all!
jeffk
AG
I didn't. Tried to beat him like twice and got instakilled both times. Noped out of there and will circle back at a future date for some sweet revenge.
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

I didn't. Tried to beat him like twice and got instakilled both times. Noped out of there and will circle back at a future date for some sweet revenge.

Yeah, but I gotta at least try!
jr15aggie
AG
PS, hope you are doing well Jeffk.

I was just thinking the other day that I don't play with anybody online anymore. Would be really great if some of us from the good old days could hook up for co-op or something every once in a while!
jeffk
AG
Hey, thanks! Doing good here. Really enjoying living somewhere with four seasons now (Georgia). Between kid's activities and me being a tired old fart, I can't keeping up with the grind of shooters like I used to. Still like storybased games like this one and assassin's creed, but it takes me a while to finish as I only get a night or two a week.

These wampas can eat my ass though.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

These wampas can eat my ass though.

Super hot
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
jr15aggie said:

LOL, some of y'all forgot this was a metroid/souls type game... you could always come back and fight the Rancor after leveling up a bit!!!

Busy weekend and I just now got to that 1st planet. Having a great time so far. I'll make sure to skip the Rancor when I see him............ aw hell, who am I kidding, I'll end up fighting that ugly ******* just like the rest of y'all!

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering.
txam92
AG
Loved Jedi Fallen Order and wanted to get this but I'm a PC gamer and all the negative feedback about bad performance has me hesitating. Anyone gaming on a PC rig with feedback?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.