Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

13,195 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Looks really fun, loved the first one. Glad they are making a sequel.
powerbelly
AG
I am curious how they make your power level start over between games.
YouBet
AG
He seems extremely over powered in this. Did he get trained along the way or is he basically male Rey?
jeffk
AG
Did you play the first one? He was a padawan when Order 66 took place. Also sort of apprenticed by a Force user I assume after the end of the first game.
jeffk
AG
Releasing March 17th right?
YouBet
AG
jeffk said:

Did you play the first one? He was a padawan when Order 66 took place. Also sort of apprenticed by a Force user I assume after the end of the first game.
I did. I'm just not sure how he would have gotten this powerful mostly on his own. They are showing him with Vader level power ability. He makes Ashoka look like a complete newbie and she had much more training than him.

You put him into the live action universe and he's going to be the most powerful badass around. Anyway, it really doesn't matter. I'll be playing this.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I don't disagree. That's sort of how SW video games go, I guess. If you collect all the skills and max your character out, you're pulling Star Destroyers from orbit and chunking dozens of Storm Troopers around.

I'm wondering if they'll have him go off into uncharted space (or whatever we're calling places the movies don't go) to get him out of the way for the other media their putting out in the near future. The first game is officially canon, so I'm assuming this one will be too.

Also, where's the line on light vs dark side powers? Is choking bad and using a trooper as a weapon okay? Is lighting bad but shoving enemies off cliffs to their deaths okay?
AgSportsFan89
AG
jeffk said:

Also, where's the line on light vs dark side powers? Is choking bad and using a trooper as a weapon okay? Is lighting bad but shoving enemies off cliffs to their deaths okay?

If shoving enemies off cliffs isn't okay, I don't wanna be right.
Madmarttigan
AG
Video games have always taken jedi powers to the extreme for fun. Most Star Wars Jedi games would never translate to live action.
jeffk
AG
It was my go-to move in the first one. Especially fun since you got the Wilhelm scream most times.
YouBet
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Video games have always taken jedi powers to the extreme for fun. Most Star Wars Jedi games would never translate to live action.
True, but wrinkle here is that this game is canon and there are rumors of the protagonist being in one or more of the live action TV shows.
Thunder18
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Looks really fun, loved the first one. Glad they are making a sequel.

Looks awesome, really enjoyed the first game
hunter2012
AG
YouBet said:

jeffk said:

I did. I'm just not sure how he would have gotten this powerful mostly on his own. They are showing him with Vader level power ability. He makes Ashoka look like a complete newbie and she had much more training than him.

You put him into the live action universe and he's going to be the most powerful badass around. Anyway, it really doesn't matter. I'll be playing this.
I think this is why the end of the first game is getting the hell away from Vader, they made it very clear that Cal is nothing compared to Anakin. Call it power creep or a nod to Force Unleashed, but I don't mind. I don't mind minor canon divergence if a game is given a proper story. Everyone griped about Shadows of Mordor/War, but compared to Rings of Power absolutely nobody is complaining now. The story is freaking awesome and meshes seamless with the canon compared to Amazon's garbage.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

jeffk said:

If shoving enemies off cliffs isn't okay, I don't wanna be right.

Lol this is why KOTOR2 made the choice so easy to be a Dark side user. Do I want lighting to shoot out of my finger tips, or do I want to block and heal with the force?

Pretty easy answer for me.
aezmvp
If you haven't played the last one (Fallen Order) it's on Steam for the next hour for under $5 (before tax). Pretty easy addition the the steam library for my Deck.
jeffk
AG
New trailer out today.

wangus12
AG
Cromagnum
AG
jeffk said:

It was my go-to move in the first one. Especially fun since you got the Wilhelm scream most times.

If you throw imperial R2 units off ledges you get the Droid scream too!
jr15aggie
AG
Really looking forward to this one. Got a couple gamepass games I'm trying to complete first... Specifically, Wo Long. No way I'll be able to play both at the same time... the control schemes etc. would be way too complicated to go back and forth.

Game looks great and they are promising a 60 FPS performance mode on Series X (PS5 too)... I'm in!
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I'm trying to power through the last Tomb Raider (which I bought for like $8 last month because I'd not been able to finish it before they took it off Game Pass last year) before this releases. Love that they've listened to all the feedback from the first game regarding fast travel and customization and collectibles, etc and made changes for this one.
AliasMan02
AG
This is getting pretty great reviews from those with early access. The fact I get it on Game pass is even better.
jr15aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

This is getting pretty great reviews from those with early access. The fact I get it on Game pass is even better.
Just to clarify... the Jedi Survivor will not be on gamepass at launch. But if you have gamepass ulitmate you should get a discount on it through EA Play. It will also be on EA Play and thus on gamepass ultimate at some point, but probably not until around January '24 at the earliest.

The original (Jedi Fallen Order) is the one on gamepass.
flintdragon
AG
jr15aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Just to clarify... the Jedi Survivor will not be on gamepass at launch. But if you have gamepass ulitmate you should get a discount on it through EA Play. It will also be on EA Play and thus on gamepass ultimate at some point, but probably not until around January '24 at the earliest.

The original (Jedi Fallen Order) is the one on gamepass.
Thanks for the clarification. I almost fell out of my chair if that were true.

Need to find a new game on gamepass. Just finished Wo Long.
jeffk
AG
Civ 6 is a nice time suck.
AliasMan02
AG
I read an article that said it would be on Game Pass, but good correction. Not the case at launch.
jr15aggie
AG
Ghostwire Tokyo is coming out in a few days on Gamepass. I don't know much about it other than there are some that give it high praises.
flintdragon
AG
decided to pick up Sekiro. On sale right now.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
flintdragon said:

T&P's.

I will say, this game is one that was infinitely more playable on my series X than on the One. I die so much in it that waiting 45 seconds every time to reload was killing my enjoyment of it.
The Lost
Excited for this one, but after playing the first one on ps5, I wouldn't pay full price for it. Once it goes on sale I'm instantly in
flintdragon
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

flintdragon said:

T&P's.

I will say, this game is one that was infinitely more playable on my series X than on the One. I die so much in it that waiting 45 seconds every time to reload was killing my enjoyment of it.
I was actually wondering about that since this was originally releases on Xbox One. Even with Elden Ring, I didn't know if I would like it as much if dying had a big time penalty with it.
spag.ag2003
AG
Wish I could play it again for the first time - once you get past the learning curve and the combat clicks you'll feel like a god in that game. Until the final boss
jeffk
AG
Someone (jokershady) posted the final gameplay trailer over on another thread. Looks awesome. Looks like there's a lot of companion play featured here. Are these NPCs or is it two-player co-op?

jokershady
AG
Would be awesome if you had the option for online 2-player co-op….even better if it could be random online co-op game play but my guess is it'll be an NPC that you can give directions to/influence on their actions
jr15aggie
AG
I'm 90% positive it's NPC players that tag along during missions and will show up for cool combos. Can't remember when or where, but I heard something about it at some point.

That new trailer was great and I hope they haven't spoiled too many cool moments. I'm still blown away at how this video game series can give us so many great Jedi / Force Power moments that, for the most part, Disney has completely failed to do since they took over Star Wars.
AliasMan02
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

Wish I could play it again for the first time - once you get past the learning curve and the combat clicks you'll feel like a god in that game. Until the final boss

I had to set the combat to Easy so I didn't have to parry. I'll try to stay honest this time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.