Camera rec?

750 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tk for tu juan
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a camera to take pictures/ record video while hunting

Would like to keep around $400 if possible, but can go up if necessary (I know nothing about cameras)

-would like enough zoom to be able to identify points out to 50-75 yds.
-would prefer slow motion capabilities to record shots (most will be bow hunting so don't need super big zoom here)
- decent low light pics
-easy to use (I'm camera illiterate)

Basically Just want to be able to take pictures of deer at 50 yards without having to hold my phone up to binocs and film without tying my phone up the entire time.

C@LAg
tandy miller said:

Looking for a camera to take pictures/ record video while hunting

Would like to keep around $400 if possible, but can go up if necessary (I know nothing about cameras)

-would like enough zoom to be able to identify points out to 50-75 yds.
-would prefer slow motion capabilities to record shots (most will be bow hunting so don't need super big zoom here)
- decent low light pics
-easy to use (I'm camera illiterate)

Basically Just want to be able to take pictures of deer at 50 yards without having to hold my phone up to binocs and film without tying my phone up the entire time.

get a monocular telescope w/phone attachment for your cell phone.

you likely already have a phone that can do decent low light and slow Mo.

something like this, but look around

https://rabbitquick.com/products/4k-10-300x40mm-super-telephoto-zoom-monocular-telescope?currency=USD&variant=39335540719661&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping

advantage is you can also use it as a telescope until you want to film, freeing up our phone.
Civen
AG
Info here
Tibbers
Agreed. Use your phone. You aren't going to get better quality with a camera at that price level.
tandy miller
AG
Tibbers said:

Agreed. Use your phone. You aren't going to get better quality with a camera at that price level.

Ok. What would it cost to get an image equal or better quality to this at 20 yards? Basically, what would it cost me to at least replicate the image in getting w my iPhone

Like I said, I prefer to free up my phone free in case I need to snap a picture of a deer while I'm filming… I have to keep phone all the way in the front of blind so I start rolling as soon as deer come out and then go back and delete/trim
tk for tu juan
Various point n shoot cameras offer decent optical zoom while still being small enough to not be cumbersome, similar to the one below. Probably will want to check them out in person to make sure you can turn off any beeps and fake shutter sounds so you do not scare off the wildlife

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-a1000.html#tab-ProductDetail-ProductTabs-Overview
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.