Best mobile game?

5,545 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TonsterPS
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are everyone's favorite mobile games and why?
Thanks and gig'em
Madmarttigan
AG
Recent games I've gotten into include pokemon unite and gwent.

Pokemon unite is a MOBA on phone/switch but it has shockingly smooth phone controls for a MOBA.

Gwent seems a little better than hearthstone as far as building decks and card RNG so I wasn't as annoyed playing against people.

KidDoc
AG
Casual turn based I play Harry Potter Puzzles and Spells.

For more focused action I just started Mobile Legends Bang Bang. Seems pretty deep but still figuring it out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quad Dog
AG
I've been playing too much Slay the Spire recently. Even when I'm on a losing streak like right now, it's still a fun challenge.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Old School RuneScape or new RuneScape. Both MMORPGs that have free to play options and 1000s of hours of content, both regularly updated.
G Martin 87
AG
The mobile version of Wingspan is great. Highly recommended. That was my number 1 played game last year.
bluefire579
AG
I mostly play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and Marvel Strike Force, both turn based RPG collection games. They both have the fun aspect of allowing you to collect characters from highly desirable IPs, but have the downside of being heavily pay to win and as such doing a fair shar of nickel and diming.

Outside of those, I tend to like quick puzzle games. 2048 and Bejeweled are classics, and I have a few others that I'll pop open from time to time.
Madmarttigan
AG
Those games and RAID can be huge money sinks so I get worn out on those types, although they are addictive.
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, I'm very good at not spending money on them, but I've seen some ridiculous amounts people throw around.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Retro Bowl & Retro Goal are both great.

Can play a quick game in a few minutes and both games are fun without immediately pushing you to pay more money.

Pman17
AG
Pokmon GO

It's the only phone game I play. It's a very social game with local communities on discord that coordinate meetups for capturing powerful Pokmon. My wife and I love playing because motivates us to go out even if we don't need to run errands we go to parks to play. The AR aspect of it makes mundane things more enjoyable, like when I get dragged for shopping, I just open the game and see what's around me and interact with the world on a meta verse level.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
G Martin 87 said:

The mobile version of Wingspan is great. Highly recommended. That was my number 1 played game last year.

I just discovered the wingspan board game a month ago and have been itching to play it again ever since. I haven't paid for a mobile game since the remastered FFVI, but this is really tempting.
Thanks and gig'em
Teslag
AG
Same. I don't think I've taken a **** without playing Retro Bowl in two years.
G Martin 87
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

G Martin 87 said:

I just discovered the wingspan board game a month ago and have been itching to play it again ever since. I haven't paid for a mobile game since the remastered FFVI, but this is really tempting.
The Automa implementation in the mobile app is superb. I haven't bothered playing against the AI because Automa works so well. Multiplayer is great, too. The European Expansion version is coming out this year. I'm DoubleBullOut on GC and in the game, so drop me an invite if you purchase the app.
flintdragon
AG
bluefire579 said:

I mostly play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and Marvel Strike Force, both turn based RPG collection games. They both have the fun aspect of allowing you to collect characters from highly desirable IPs, but have the downside of being heavily pay to win and as such doing a fair shar of nickel and diming.

I'm coming off 5 years of SWGOH myself. About to quit but allowing my guild to find a suitable replacement.

I think I'm done with mobile games. Everything is a copy of everything else. No more imagination.
KidDoc
AG
Quad Dog said:

I've been playing too much Slay the Spire recently. Even when I'm on a losing streak like right now, it's still a fun challenge.
I bought this today and I'm really liking it. If you have Steam or Playstation you may like a game called Darkest Dungeon. Kind of has a similar feel to Spire.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broncos
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Can play a quick game in a few minutes and both games are fun without immediately pushing you to pay more money.

Started playing Retro Bowl this morning thanks to this thread.

Agree. Great mobile game.
Line Ate Member
AG
Slay the spire, rush Royale and hearthstone are what play on a daily basis.
AG
Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
SEIGE: World War II
WWE Champions
MLB Tap Sports Baseball 21
MLB Perfect Inning 2021
Retro Bowl (I created college teams on it)
Roblox (for the kids, so I can play along)
"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
dcAg
Something called "Pong".
Aggie_Journalist
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

G Martin 87 said:

The Automa implementation in the mobile app is superb. I haven't bothered playing against the AI because Automa works so well. Multiplayer is great, too. The European Expansion version is coming out this year. I'm DoubleBullOut on GC and in the game, so drop me an invite if you purchase the app.

Just sent you an invite to a game

In case anyone else has wingspan on mobile, you can hit me up for a game at KennyCrowEater
Thanks and gig'em
RED AG 98
AG
Broncos said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Started playing Retro Bowl this morning thanks to this thread.

Agree. Great mobile game.
Such a fantastic game. I think my only wish is that is supported play across multiple devices. I play on my phone and iPad and it would be awesome(r) if they were the same game.
G Martin 87
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

G Martin 87 said:

Aggie_Journalist said:

G Martin 87 said:

Just sent you an invite to a game

In case anyone else has wingspan on mobile, you can hit me up for a game at KennyCrowEater
Accepted, thanks!
KidDoc
AG
Quad Dog said:

I found a very similar game with a bit more complexity but also a bit easier called Indies' Lies, you will probably like it.

My main game I'm really enjoying has a lame name, "Friends and Dragons". I've been playing a bit over a month and man it is great if you like tactical strategy type stuff. It is like chess on steroids but all solo or cooperative play.

JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
For those of you that liked the Retro games (RetroBowl, RetroGoal) like me - I just found Mini Basketball. Different type of game (and definitely has more of the "earn card, money & gems" aspect to it), but it fits the bill for a game you can play without spending $$ that is fun and takes about 5 minutes per game.
jagouar1
AG
Also curious what peoples experiences are with the cloud streaming services since they run on mobile. I have really been taking a look at them since it allows a pickup and go on any device.
lb3
AG
Boom Beach has been my go to for the past 6+ years.
Psycho Bunny
Last 3 years been playing Star Trek Fleet Command.
Server 24 Black Flag Alliance.
Pman17
AG
The only game I play is Pokemon GO
Hagen95
AG
Usually cribbage or backgammon.
zag213004
AG
Pman17 said:

The only game I play is Pokemon GO

Are you on the Aggie discord channel for it?
zag213004
AG
My 3 main games are Pokemon go, simple rockets 2, and simples planes 2.
swimmerbabe11
Man I play MSF but I hate it. I keep playing it and I keep hating it.

I played a ton of Marvel Future Revolution in the beginning, but all my friends quit, so I did too. I regret it a little. Same with this mobile mmo called Summoner's Glory that I loved. Even kept some spreadsheets and twitch streamed those two.
Line Ate Member
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Man I play MSF but I hate it. I keep playing it and I keep hating it.

I played a ton of Marvel Future Revolution in the beginning, but all my friends quit, so I did too. I regret it a little. Same with this mobile mmo called Summoner's Glory that I loved. Even kept some spreadsheets and twitch streamed those two.
Swimmer I agree with MSF. I hated it also and felt burned out. The whole game felt very P2W and didn't feel like sinking my money into it anymore.

I never tried Marvel Future Revolution.
BryantheGoodAg
"Royal Match" is pretty great. Nice spin on the candy crush style puzzle game. Also a cool element where you can join a team and donate lives to each other and earn rewards and powerups sort of like how you can donate troops in any of clash of clans/clash royal supercell games.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.