Cord cutters please check in.

10,087 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sts7049
JSKolache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JSKolache said:

Started with Sling, moved to DTVNow, the ATTNow (bailed before 3rd price hike to "grandfathered" rate, now YTTV for 2nd year. It's price is going up up up, so I'm open to bailing again at some point.
Since we're updating ... I switched to Fubo in June & dropped YTTV and Frndly. Same price as before, but now I get Astros games. Fubo interface is great.
YouBet
AG
Hulu Ads just went up a $1. I just cut Hulu totally from our lineup. There is nothing on it aside from 1 show that I watch and it's not coming back until 2022.
Prince_Ahmed
We need to come up with a new name for your guys. You've all replaced one cord for another. It's not cutting the cord if you're still buying content.

What happened to all our old discussions about how to build the best antenna or to record OTA TV?
62strat
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

We need to come up with a new name for your guys. You've all replaced one cord for another. It's not cutting the cord if you're still buying content.

What happened to all our old discussions about how to build the best antenna or to record OTA TV?
This type of 'cord cutting' is like quitting myspace to join facebook lol. It's simply following the latest trend. 12 in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other.

We went 6 months this year without any sort of 'live' tv.. no youtubetv or hulu+live, etc.

Just netflix and disney (and amazon prime, which we've had for over a decade but I don't think we've ever watched any content on it).

Now that football season started, I turned on YTTV, but honestly, I don't even know if it's worth it. It's ******* football after all, and for ~$70/mo I'm close to turning it off. I was never that much into football anyway so I feel I'm good with watching what I can on OTA, and outside of that, I just don't watch that much tv. So the kids are happy with disney, wife has netflix.
OldArmyBrent
AG
62strat said:

Prince_Ahmed said:

This type of 'cord cutting' is like quitting myspace to join facebook lol. It's simply following the latest trend. 12 in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other.

We went 6 months this year without any sort of 'live' tv.. no youtubetv or hulu+live, etc.

Just netflix and disney (and amazon prime, which we've had for over a decade but I don't think we've ever watched any content on it).

Now that football season started, I turned on YTTV, but honestly, I don't even know if it's worth it. It's ******* football after all, and for ~$70/mo I'm close to turning it off. I was never that much into football anyway so I feel I'm good with watching what I can on OTA, and outside of that, I just don't watch that much tv. So the kids are happy with disney, wife has netflix.

But those are actually different. I have 6 in the one hand, so it's the same for me.
JSKolache
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

Maybe, but I get to pick the cord and how much I want to spend. And I can switch at will - no contracts. The ball has moved forward.
sts7049
AG
ustvgo

you're welcome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.