New World (Amazon MMO)

8,457 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Pepe SiIvia
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm 26 and I totally understand the complaints. Personally I enjoy roaming and gathering still and the main mission and side quests are a bit more interesting than the faction and town quests.

I still have yet to group or run the first expedition and still loving it. I'm hoping to get a block of playtime tonight

Make sure you visit each spiritshrine in each territory as well as you can fast travel to them from other shrines or towns for a few azoth. You can find them by the blue beam they broadcast up into the sky.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieKO
AG
What am I missing? Pretty decent grind to get to 60 and get the best gear, but what's the point?

My main MMO's before this one were RS and BDO and those games both have insanely time consuming/expensive things to grind for and show off.

I can't seem to have a reason to keep playing this game. All the gear is so easy to get and gold is insanely easy to make. Interest is starting to fade and I'm not even level 60 yet….
KidDoc
AG
AggieKO said:

What am I missing? Pretty decent grind to get to 60 and get the best gear, but what's the point?

My main MMO's before this one were RS and BDO and those games both have insanely time consuming/expensive things to grind for and show off.

I can't seem to have a reason to keep playing this game. All the gear is so easy to get and gold is insanely easy to make. Interest is starting to fade and I'm not even level 60 yet….
I'm only 30 so not feeling that yet but it is rare to group in this game even in a large company. None of my RL friends PC game so that isn't an option and I get tired of solo'ing.

I think the end game is PVP fighting with your company for territories-- at least that is my current understanding.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
javajaws
AG
I think PVP will be a lot of it. I've already fought in fort wars at level 40ish. I've run the first two expeditions multiple times in groups as well. I see no rush to get to max level since everybody makes the same mistake in other new MMOs that lack end game content....that will only be fixed over time.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
FatZilla
AG
They need to fix the "Tanking" and "Healing" aspects of this game if they ever want PVE end game content to feel right. Its a giant cluster**** right now without proper agro management tools for all roles and the 3 ability limit is trash for this as well.
All I do is Nguyen
So far my favorite aspects of the game are the crafting and gathering, especially fishing. Keep in mind I haven't run any dungeons or PvPed yet (only level 21), so that may change. Fishing is just so relaxing and fun, and the sounds of wacking a tree or mining a node are so satisfying it makes gathering fun
javajaws
AG
Definitely a BIG part of this gave are all of your tradeskills. I hear fishing in particular is really needed at high levels to get the good ingredients for good foods.

If you don't like that sort of thing (not just fishing...but all the crafting/skills/etc), then this game probably isn't for you.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
KidDoc
AG
javajaws said:

Definitely a BIG part of this gave are all of your tradeskills. I hear fishing in particular is really needed at high levels to get the good ingredients for good foods.

If you don't like that sort of thing (not just fishing...but all the crafting/skills/etc), then this game probably isn't for you.
I find it interesting that some of the hardest to find materials for cooking are things like pepper and cinnamon, just as if you were in the New World of colonial times!

I made some *****ing baked potatoes this week that increase luck with mining by 1000 for 30 minutes!
Cappo
black_ice
hph6203
zip04
AG
Anyone else jumping back into this with the new DLC? I've read multiple reports the game is in a much better place now than it was when we were playing 2 years ago. I intend on giving it another shot as a casual game to mix in around other games I am playing.
FatZilla
AG
If they never fixed the crafting system needing materials from low level for every single step of crafting materials above it, compounding the amounts for even a single recipe try at high levels, then this game is still a nope for me.

That and the way healing worked with all the stupid weapon swapping. Giant pain in the ****ing ass to play a dedicated healer.
zip04
AG
Started a fresh character. It feels as though you level up your skills (logging, mining, cooking, crafting, etc.) much faster than when I last played over a year ago.

Enjoying it so far.
zip04
AG
I played as a dedicated healer for a while last time around. It made sense to me you have to swap weapons, but the problem was you didn't have a good option for a weapon that paired well. Void gauntlet was good when they released it, but now you have another option with the new flail, which seems fun so far.
zip04
AG
Reviving this thread one last time.

Made it to level 65 and completed the DLC quest line. My thoughts:

1. Definitely worth starting a new character and playing through. The entire main questline has been improved.
2. I have run into a few minor bugs that weren't a big deal and one major bug (can't progress late game main questline until they patch it).
3. Logging, mining, etc. level up MUCH faster now. Especially since you can essentially purchase XP for them once a day via the faction store.
4. Character levels up quicker as well.
5. The DLC is a really cool twist on the map and adds to the story well if you played the game on the original map. I thought it was well done.

Overall, the game is in the best place it has been since launch. The difficulty is going to be getting people to give it another shot. I am glad I spent the $30 for the DLC and will be spending the majority of my gaming time on this for a while.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Pretty fun game, the addition of mounts and the above QOL features have made it worth a full character leveling IMO.
Woods Ag
AG
Is there open world fighting going on again ? I left when every stopped flagging and fighting open world.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Woods Ag said:

Is there open world fighting going on again ? I left when ever stopped flagging and fighting open world.
Yes there are a few people PVP flagged always running around in Lilith. Even saw a huge war going on that tanked my rig's FPS to Ocarina of Time levels of framerates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.