LastPass changes

5,408 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TxAggieBand85
BQ2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a little ticked at first, but I realized I've been using LastPass for free for a long time now and it works great for us. I'm good with throwing them $40 a year for the digital security it provides. In the grand scheme of things it isn't much and they deliver a good product that is easy for me, and more importantly, my wife to use. Pretty sure if I changed it up now she would kill me now that she's used to LastPass.
clem93
AG
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/26/22302709/lastpass-android-app-trackers-security-research-privacy

Be careful
YouBet
AG
txaggie05 said:

Here's what I'm going to try

https://bitwarden.com/help/article/import-from-lastpass/
Now that this has expired I just converted to Bitwarden and this worked perfectly. Might be one of the few time's Ive done a data import/export from one tool to another where I didn't get errors.
davido
AG
Bitwarden support folders and team sharing?

We use LP across the office to share logins and store client or sensitive data. It controls the permissions based on roles and folders.
YouBet
AG
After several days of using Bitwarden I like its simplicity better than LastPass. The UI is actually a little dated comparatively which is oddly why I like it better. However, it's autofill and ability to find your accounts is suspect at times on the mobile app. Desktop UI is fine.

Example: I have a Yahoo email account I use for a throwaway account. If I try to log in to the Yahoo app it simply can't find my Yahoo login and does not come up in the initial list of suggestions. I have to then search for the account exactly as it is saved in Bitwarden which is "Yahoo Email". Once I type it in exactly as saved, I then I have to enter the LI and PW myself. Pretty annoying.
trueaggie2782
AG
YouBet said:

After several days of using Bitwarden I like its simplicity better than LastPass. The UI is actually a little dated comparatively which is oddly why I like it better. However, it's autofill and ability to find your accounts is suspect at times on the mobile app. Desktop UI is fine.

Example: I have a Yahoo email account I use for a throwaway account. If I try to log in to the Yahoo app it simply can't find my Yahoo login and does not come up in the initial list of suggestions. I have to then search for the account exactly as it is saved in Bitwarden which is "Yahoo Email". Once I type it in exactly as saved, I then I have to enter the LI and PW myself. Pretty annoying.

Sounds like you may have the wrong URI. It happened to me once and I fixed the URI and has worked since.
YouBet
AG
I will confirm this.
PincheDriller
AG
davido said:

Bitwarden support folders and team sharing?

We use LP across the office to share logins and store client or sensitive data. It controls the permissions based on roles and folders.

Yes needs to be setup as an organization, not free but there.
Cassius
Well, I moved from lastpass to Bitwarden this past week.

You can export and import a csv file so low hurdle on converting.

Problem is, it must be missing on the URIs because auto fill is iffy.

Gonna have to correct some things.
PincheDriller
AG
Cassius said:

You will need to fix some of them due to the way they get exported or imported. Fine tuning process
YouBet
AG
Cassius said:

Yep, I'm still fixing some stuff with mine but it's primarily with mobile. Desktop works fine.
Fenrir
Just switched to Bitwarden, anybody have experience with using google authenticator or any of the other two step login options available? Trying to figure out if you have the app on your phone if you will have to use it every single time the app is started or just when intially logging into app on a device?
Vade281
AG
I use google 2fa for almost everything. Most things let you keep logged in for 30 days.
TxAggieBand85
AG
BQ2001 said:

... I'm good with throwing them $40 a year for the digital security it provides. ...
Easily worth the small money for this service. Sharing login info between myself and wife has been a blessing over the past couple of years.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.