fubo tv

1,273 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kb2001
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am trying to help my elderly parents decide if fubo tv is a good choice. Does anyone have experience with this cord cutting 'cable' service?
evan_aggie
AG
I moved my 70 year old parents to YouTube TV. They figured it out pretty quick.
CAR96
AG
I asked them why they did not want youtube tv and they said they can not get the Astros. They are in SE Tx.
evan_aggie
AG
Why not? If it is broadcast as part of a local station they still should be able to...
Big Cat `93
AG
AT&TSW is on Fubo but not Youtube (at least the last time I checked), which is why I'm going with Fubo when I move back to the Pineywoods next year.
boy09
AG
Had Fubo earlier this year, specifically because they have the Astros channel. No complaints, it worked as expected.

The only notable channels i can think of that aren't available are the Turner Broadcasting channels; TBS, TNT, Tru TV, CNN, Cartoon Network, etc.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Switched to Fubo from Youtube TV when YouTube tried upping the price on us...no complaints.
boy09
AG
Fubo increased their price a few months ago to be literally the exact same price as Youtube TV... Like, immediately after Youtube increased their price, Fubo did the same.
Broncos
I just did the free trial with Fubo. Trying to decide between that and Youtube.

Easy interface to figure out. As stated before, the only downfall is no TNT, TBS, etc...

A ton of live sports offerings which is nice. The only issue I've encountered is it will sometimes take a while to start after turning the TV on. It's almost like it's a long load time or weird buffer. Once it starts up though, it's flawless.
aTm2004
AG
Do they have a smartphone and can they operate it pretty easily? If so, going streaming will be easy. If they have a crappy phone and take 5 minutes to turn on the TV and another 3 to change a channel, keep them where they are.
CAR96
AG
They have android smart phone and are on a shared data package plan that he always worries about. But at home fubotv would be on WiFi as well as the phones so that should not pull off their data plan right.

How do you go about changing the channel? Use the fire stick remote? That would be the platform likely to be using.
aTm2004
AG
If they're using a Fire Stick 4K, the remote should replace their TV remote. They'll be able to power on the TV and adjust volume with it. To change channels, if they have YouTube TV, they will hit the back button and go to "Live" to bring up the guide. From there, it's like DTV, cable, etc.
bobinator
AG
We had Fubo for the Astros also. Switched back to YTTV after the season but we'll switch back in the spring again.

Works well and pretty easy to figure out. Even has some Fox content in 4K which was cool.
JJWAGGIE
AG
Been very happy with FuboTV. Like others, it was my only choice in terms of the Astros but it has met my entire families needs just fine.
textar4404
Signed up for fubo in the fall for Aggie football. Had YouTube TV last year but their price jumped significantly so I didn't go back to them. Not sure if fubo is cheaper or not. As soon as the college football season is over, fubo gets cancelled. College football is the only thing I turn the TV on for except for movies.
black_ice
Fubo is 59.99 per month
kb2001
AG
evan_aggie said:

Why not? If it is broadcast as part of a local station they still should be able to...
It's not on broadcast, it's only on ATT Sports Net, which is not widely available. Not even on cable in Houston
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.