Among Us -- Anyone playing this?

1,408 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by erudite
degreedy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stupid little game, but damn does it have my attention lately. I think you can download it from Steam, but it also is available for download on iOS and Android.

It is a very cartooned, simple version of the hidden identity strategy game called The Thing (based on the movie). Basically, there are 10 players per level that have to complete a set of tasks. One of the 10 is secretly an impostor, that aims to kill off all players or prevent the others from completing their tasks.

Very addictive. Y'all check it out if you haven't already.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
chilidogfood
AG
Just picked it up and starting playing it with buds.

It's a pretty fun game, if you have a group of friends on discord or something. I wouldnt recommend it to get online with a bunch of strangers, personally.

cr0wbar
AG
Finally got on with some buddies last night. We played for ~2 hours (5 of us). The more the merrier. We would mute our headsets and unmute once the round ended. Lot's of fun.
CDub06
AG
https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/23/21453499/among-us-2-sequel-popular-canceled-developers-innersloth

This is cool of the developer.
Quote:

The developers of the hit social deduction game Among Us just announced that they have canceled a planned sequel because of the popularity of the first game.

Though that sequel had been announced just 36 days ago, developer InnerSloth wants to support the game that's so popular right now. "The main reason we [were] shooting for a sequel is because the codebase of Among Us 1 is so outdated and not built to support adding so much new content," InnerSloth said in a blog post. "However, seeing how many people are enjoying Among Us 1 really makes us want to be able to support the game and take it to the next level."
coconutED
AG
Playing with randos is a crapshoot. Two or three will usually disconnect right at the start of the match (probably because they want to be the imposter). If a match gets going it can be fun, but doing a task and getting interrupted by a meeting is annoying.
AggieChemE09
AG
I have the game now and played some with some friends. Really liked it. If anyone needs another player hmu
TexasAggie_02
AG
coconutED said:

Playing with randos is a crapshoot. Two or three will usually disconnect right at the start of the match (probably because they want to be the imposter). If a match gets going it can be fun, but doing a task and getting interrupted by a meeting is annoying.
i just got hooked to this game a couple of days ago. I have the worst luck, b/c i hardly ever get to be an imposter. I played on a server last night where the same guy was the imposter for 3 games in a row.
Bregxit
AG
It's pretty fun...I have been playing with my kids and their friends. The amount of hackers kind of sucks because they waste so much time.
erudite
IF you can staunch the learning curve, space station 13 is more in depth.

Devs even acknowledged the influence it had on the game.
Ss13 is also free.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.