Using an old Razr V3 flip phone

693 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found an old motorola Razr V3 flip phone when cleaning out my garage the other day. It looks to be just fine outside of a bad battery. If I bought a sim card, would it still work? What's my cheapest option for getting this thing up and running again?
BEaggie08
AG
I wouldn't mess with it to be honest. We're now on 5G networks and that thing likely has 2G GSM radios that I don't think are operational anymore. It would at least be hit or miss on what spectrum is available where, I'd think.
nai06
AG
BEaggie08 said:

I wouldn't mess with it to be honest. We're now on 5G networks and that thing likely has 2G GSM radios that I don't think are operational anymore. It would at least be hit or miss on what spectrum is available where, I'd think.
I have slowly started to realize that. I was really just looking for a cheap option to make calls for work. I didn't want to use my personal cell number and thought this might be an easy and kinda fun solution. I ended up installing a burner phone app on my cell and will use that instead.
Duncan Idaho
I had a flip phone I kept in my carry one for emergency use while traveling. Once they started upgrading towers to 4g, it stopped working at most major airports or business areas.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I prepay AT&T, a year at a time. You can get pretty reasonable service that way - think it still comes w 8gb per month, but I carry a Sonim flip phone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.