***FF7 Remake***

4,135 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bbattbq01
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm starting chapter five. Love it so far. First shot of sector seven slums in the morning when you can really see the plate above them was amazing.
Saxsoon
AG
This game is gorgeous and the music is wonderful
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
bluefire579
AG
bbattbq01 said:

I'm starting chapter five. Love it so far. First shot of sector seven slums in the morning when you can really see the plate above them was amazing.
Absolutely. Just breathtaking.
Scotty Flamingo
the hell house boss fight was just not fun for me and killed my desire to replay the game again. Is there a "right way" to tackle it? Or is it just a super tedious fight?
bluefire579
AG
The Fiend said:

the hell house boss fight was just not fun for me and killed my desire to replay the game again. Is there a "right way" to tackle it? Or is it just a super tedious fight?
Did that last night. Super tedious, and I thought for sure I was going to die from it. Found out right at the end when I only had Cloud left with like 200 health that it could be poisoned, so I just hid in the spot where the boxes were and let the last chunk of health drain off. Those things were not nearly that strong in the original.
Prime0882
AG
My physical copy just got here today, so looking forward to trying it out finally. Thought the demo was really good and it may have given me a Final Fantasy itch I haven't had in years...

Started up Final Fantasy 14 for the first time ever (the MMO) due to the quarantine... seems like a pretty good, incredibly story driven MMO. Any of y'all played that one before? Worth trying for a bit while we have so much more time at home?
BQwolf05
AG
Got my copy yesterday. Loving it, still in early part and loving interactions with Avalanche Characters.
I got it Saturday but haven't had the chance to play until today. Logged in 5 hours today. Loving it sooo much. The battle system is perfect! The music is amazing. I'm only in chapter 3. Finished the 6 side quests so far. I'm taking my time to fully immerse myself into this world once again. The materia system is just like the original and the added additions are easy to learn. You can tell the makers of the game really put their time and effort to ensure it lives up to the hype. I'm really impressed!
WGann3
AG
So jealous of everyone getting to play, love reading all the feedback. I'm 99% of the time a PC gamer and the other 1% I spend on my retro consoles or hacked PS Classic emulation box. Hard for me to justify buying a PS4 for one game even though I've been really tempted. FFVII is easily in my top 5 console games of all time, maybe top 3 so I'm going to cross my fingers that this ultimately comes to PC after a bit of PS exlusivity. I'm just afraid all 3 chapters are going to be released on console before I see the first installment on PC.
Farmer1906
AG
I've considered buying a playstation just for this game (and the show). Happy to read it is living up to the hype.
SF2004
AG
WGann3 said:

So jealous of everyone getting to play, love reading all the feedback. I'm 99% of the time a PC gamer and the other 1% I spend on my retro consoles or hacked PS Classic emulation box. Hard for me to justify buying a PS4 for one game even though I've been really tempted. FFVII is easily in my top 5 console games of all time, maybe top 3 so I'm going to cross my fingers that this ultimately comes to PC after a bit of PS exlusivity. I'm just afraid all 3 chapters are going to be released on console before I see the first installment on PC.
I have a PS4 and don't want to buy it. Waiting for PC. I have gone through the console cycle and "lost" games I can't play because I don't want multiple consoles hooked up (Wii Titles, PS3 titles, etc) too many times.

It has been made clear that it is a one year exclusive to Sony.

It will probably be on steam next spring. Also, the fact that it is just the first disc of the original game makes me just want to wait until it is all out.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Just got to the last chapter- the final area of the game I presume. I'm really loving this game and I'm not ready for it to end.

Figuring out I could set command shortcuts really changed the battles for me - it's so much fun unleashing combos with Tifa and not having to stop the action and select a command from the menu
chase128
AG
I've played FF14 off and on a lot since a Realm Reborn. It's a great, modern MMO, and its story is fantastic. It is a very long story and if you play it from a Realm Reborn through the current expansion it will take you hundreds of hours.

If you're a Final Fantasy series fan, you'll find a ton of stuff in this game to appreciate and love. They do a great job of putting in call-backs to the other games in the series. Like there is a whole raid (with a full story and voiced cut scenes) that's a call back to Final Fantasy Tactics, it's amazing.
cr0wbar
AG
At 12:30 am and around 46 hours of game time, I finally got to the final credits. I'd say it's closer to ~40 hours game time, I know that I left the game idle several times while making dinner, etc. Really enjoyed the battle system. The biggest tip I can give to anyone having problems with the battle system is to BLOCK. You can't always go omnislash on everyone and expect to just overpower.

They stayed very true to the OG - little nuances and call backs while also fleshing out parts of the story to give the Midgar section of the game some more meat on the bone. I was ok with most of that - none of that really departed from the actual story. Shinra building is AWESOME.

End Game Spoils:
Ok - so pretty much highway out of Midgar and Motorball onward gets real WEIRD. You have some epic battles that felt very end game to me - and even Cloud solo diving into the 'edge of creation' for a cutscene. I half expected to have an option to 'Omnislash'. I had to do some reading to fully comprehend WTF was going on. Looks like we're on separate timelines now that we've successfully challenged and defeated destiny/fate. (Hence Zach carrying cloud back to Midgar - Aerith could feel his presence). So I have to assume we're off to Nibelheim shortly - but with these divergent timelines - they are giving themselves the option of trimming the fat in certain areas? I was hoping that would mean no Cait Sith but we know that ain't happenin...

The sheer size and scale were impressive - can you imagine battling an Emerald/Ruby/Diamond weapon that stands 70+ stories tall like that? Felt very Shadow of the Colossus

GG - can't wait to play Part 2 in 6 years!
bbattbq01
AG
Just finished it, enjoyed greatly.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.