AirPods Pro Announced

5,873 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WES2006AG
wealeat09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HossAg said:

Normal airpods will remain the same. The silicon tips are necessary for noise cancellation in the pros. And FWIW, I typically don't like the in ears either, and I find these more comfortable than the original airpods after adjusting to them.

This probably has a lot to do with the air pass through design. I've never liked in ears, but these might be different.
WoMD
tv1113 said:

There has never been a silicon tip that has been comfortable for me. No matter the size they just hurt and are uncomfortable having something pressed into your ear. I have always loved apples headphone design for comfort.

Won't be buying any new airpods if they keep going that direction.

It's funny, I feel the same way with the regular AirPods, and would never buy them because they went that direction. That design doesn't fit in my ears and hurt after wearing for more than a few minutes.

Using the silicon tips with different sizes can fit better with those of us with smaller ears.

I know there are a lot of people in both scenarios, so going this route helps address it. I, as well as many others, will now probably buy these, whereas it wasn't an option before.
easttexasaggie04
AG
If you buy some of the new Air Pods and they fall out can you return them?
Charpie
AG
mine just arrived at my house. I'll review them later tonight.
Charpie
AG
So I love these headphones. The noise cancelation is crazy good. I have Bose Sound Sport earbuds and I would say that these are at least comparable to those. I literally can get lost in the music. I took a work call on them this morning and they were flawless.
HossAg
AG
I've stopped using noise cancellation half the time because people have to start tapping me on the shoulder for me to actually hear them right next to me.
wealeat09
AG
Quick google search says 14 days from the Apple store.
YouBet
AG
Wish I could use ear buds. There is not a brand, size, or type of ear bud that has ever worked for me. It's more my right ear than my left, but they just fall out within about 2 min.

So, I use my Plantronics that wrap over your ears. It's the only type that work.
94chem
I use the earphones from Dollar Tree. Let's face it, when you decided to get your music from a Walkman instead of a decent stereo, you gave up sound quality for convenience. No set of earphones is gonna make up for that...yet. However, if your goal is to further avoid all interaction with sentient beings, perhaps no price is too steep. Funny how fast things change, but how they stay the same, on this, the 40th anniversary of the Walkman.
HossAg
AG
94chem said:

I use the earphones from Dollar Tree. Let's face it, when you decided to get your music from a Walkman instead of a decent stereo, you gave up sound quality for convenience. No set of earphones is gonna make up for that...yet. However, if your goal is to further avoid all interaction with sentient beings, perhaps no price is too steep. Funny how fast things change, but how they stay the same, on this, the 40th anniversary of the Walkman.
Madmarttigan
AG
I legitimately thought you were redstone from the EB. Well played.
94chem
tv1113 said:

I legitimately thought you were redstone from the EB. Well played.

With 6 kids, I sell the Dollar Tree earphones out of my dresser drawer to the kids whenever they lose them, break them, etc. With the way kids keep up with things, I'm sure there are people paying for A&M just by stealing airpods.
Pman17
AG
MacRumors put out some good tips on the AirPods Pro. I did not know you could tap the case on the wireless charger to check the battery status.
https://www.macrumors.com/guide/airpods-pro-tips-and-tricks/
wealeat09
AG
Chem, I like you. But you are a grumpy old fart.
Redstone
AG
Have known about these for a while. Amusing how people are just now talking about them.
Diggity
AG
love that Redstone does vanity checks to see if he's being mentioned on random boards.
WES2006AG
AG
Got these as a gift a week ago and it looks like one of my medium tips has gone bad. It wont stay connected to either AirPod. When I get it where it does seem to stay on it wont play any sound. Only tip that has that problem.

I called Apple hoping they would send me a replacement tip but got no satisfaction. They basically told me I have to return them at an Apple store or mail them back. By far the worst experience I have had with Apple customer service.

I know a set of replacement tips is only $4 but it is the principle of it.

Other than this minor bump in the road these are an awesome improvement over my 1st gen AirPods.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.