Apple iPhone Event 2019

22,577 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Phat32
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AirPods Pro Announced

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/28/apple-airpods-pro-october-30/
Pman17
AG
13.2 is out.
Deep Fusion included for iPhone 11 users.
HossAg
AG
Pman17 said:

AirPods Pro Announced

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/10/28/apple-airpods-pro-october-30/

Oh hell yes. I've had my AirPods for almost 3 years. Desperately need an upgrade lol.
Pman17
AG
Apple will be adding 0% Interest for 24 months on the purchase of a new iPhone with the Apple Card. 3% Cash Back included too.
WES2006AG
AG
The 0% for 24 months sounds a lot like the iPhone upgrade plan. I guess the big difference is for people that want to buy an iPhone without AppleCare+. But If you are also getting AppleCare you may as well go the Upgrade plan. $37 worth of cash back isn't enticing enough to get me an Apple Card.
Picard
AG
Pman17 said:

Apple will be adding 0% Interest for 24 months on the purchase of a new iPhone with the Apple Card. 3% Cash Back included too.

When?
ORAggieFan
You can get 0% now without the card from Apple.com.
aTm2004
AG
Picard said:

Pman17 said:

When?
Looks like later this year...the holidays

Quote:

Apple CEO Tim Cook announced today that Apple Card will soon be adding a new feature for iPhone financing. Starting later this year, Apple Card users will be able to finance iPhone purchases with 0% interest.

Cook made the announcement on Apple's Q4 2019 earnings call this evening. When the feature rolls out later this year, Apple Card users will be able to finance iPhone purchases over 24 months with 0% interest. You'll also still get 3% cashback on your iPhone purchase.
Picard
AG
aTm2004 said:

Picard said:

Pman17 said:

When?
Looks like later this year...the holidays

Quote:

Apple CEO Tim Cook announced today that Apple Card will soon be adding a new feature for iPhone financing. Starting later this year, Apple Card users will be able to finance iPhone purchases with 0% interest.

Cook made the announcement on Apple's Q4 2019 earnings call this evening. When the feature rolls out later this year, Apple Card users will be able to finance iPhone purchases over 24 months with 0% interest. You'll also still get 3% cashback on your iPhone purchase.

Excellent news! I don't want to pay all up front, but I also don't want to pay AT&T installments over 30 payments now instead of 24. And I don't want the Apple iPhone Upgrade program because 1.) I don't want to upgrade every year and 2.) I don't want Apple Care and 3.) I don't want the higher cost for both and 4.) I don't want a credit check (loan) for Apple payments vs. no new credit pull for AT&T since I'm already on their plan

This makes sense and is a good reason to finally get an Apple Card. Especially if this translates into 0% financing later in MacBook Pros, iMacs, etc.

aTm2004
AG
Yeah, my wife and I both are getting new phones for Christmas, and I was going to get the Apple Card for the 3% back, so now I'll just make the payments as well rather than paying it off right away.
Pman17
AG
Yea, I hope this means I can buy an Unlocked iPhone with Apple Card.
I hope they add other products too. Looking to buy the new MacBook Pro with the scissor keyboard, whenever that comes out, to replace my 7 year old MacBook Pro. I'm afraid Apple will deem my MacBook Pro obsolete next year as it's the last on the list to support Catalina. Also, Apple screwed up with the butterfly keyboard and touchbar which is a few of the reasons why I haven't upgraded sooner.
aTm2004
AG
Bump...any update on when the 0% goes live? I'm guessing it'll be their Black Friday thing, but my wife's phone is getting to be pretty bad with freezing up and apps just shutting down. Now, text messages are about 5 minutes behind.
Pman17
AG
Haven't heard anything. It was stated on the earnings call, so not sure if it'll come to light soon.
Pman17
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bump...any update on when the 0% goes live? I'm guessing it'll be their Black Friday thing, but my wife's phone is getting to be pretty bad with freezing up and apps just shutting down. Now, text messages are about 5 minutes behind.

TODAY!
Plus 6% Cash Back on Apple Store Purchases till New Years!
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/10/apple-card-monthly-installments-iphone/
aTm2004
AG
Awesome! Guess we're getting new phones this weekend. My wife's 6 can barely open an app now. It's shot.
Pman17
AG
Cool, I'm glad y'all waited.
aTm2004
AG
Went yesterday and got 2 new 256 gig 11's. Traded in my 6s and kept my wife's 6. Got 6% back and will use that toward the first statement. How long I can go before I get tired of carrying a balance and just pay it off is still TBD. The charge hasn't shown up in my Wallet yet, but the cash back is there.
Pman17
AG
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/01/30/sim-free-iphones-apple-card-monthly-installments/

Sim Free iPhones added to Apple Card 0% financing for those that are on Xfinity, Cricket, etc.
Phat32
AG
My iPhone upgrade is up on the 9th.

Wondering if I should keep the XS until September and go for the 5G phone, or roll into the 11 Pro.
Pman17
AG
yukmonkey said:

Wondering if I should keep the XS until September and go for the 5G phone, or roll into the 11 Pro.
XS? I'd wait till September. I'm still on the X and waiting till September.
There's nothing really compelling to upgrade from an XS to an 11 Pro. Just an extra camera.
Cloud
yukmonkey said:

Is something wrong with your phone? Hold onto it as long as possible. Upgrading to an 11 Pro would be a waste of money just to have the latest shiny.
AggieFrog
AG
Pman17 said:

yukmonkey said:

XS? I'd wait till September. I'm still on the X and waiting till September.
There's nothing really compelling to upgrade from an XS to an 11 Pro. Just an extra camera.

Better camera and significantly better battery life. Went from XS Max to 11 Pro Max last September. Worth it for me.
Phat32
AG
On the upgrade program from Apple, so it's not more money. Just a cycle timing thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.