Best wireless ear buds?

6,685 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxFig
ag009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously there are the AirPods. Any others worth checking out instead? I have also heard about JayBirds.

TIA!
aezmvp
Depends on your budget and platform.

If you're apple based just get the AirPods (2). They are possibly the best piece of equipment they've made.
If you're tied deep into Samsung their Galaxy Buds (formerly IconX) are good, not as good as AirPods are for Apple but yeah, good.

Jabra has several very solid ones as well. I'd look at the 65t.

If you're looking at very high end, I'd look at the Sennheiser Momentum.

Budget I'd look at TaoTronics TWS TT-BH053. That should direct you in the right direction.
Discovery77
AG
I wear the Bose Sound Sport Free ear buds at the gym and they work great.
texsn95
AG
These are great for $50, use them every night.

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/jbuds-air-true-wireless-earbuds-charging-case?variant=12141643399294
EngrAg14
AG
texsn95 said:

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/jbuds-air-true-wireless-earbuds-charging-case?variant=12141643399294
For these have you used them in a sauna by any chance?

And how easily do these fall out of the ear?
Bobcat-Ag
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GX9DSJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_giV5CbGACRNEY

I have the wired version and love them.
Vade281
AG
I love my samsung galaxy buds
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
AgGunNut
AG
I had a pair of the Sony SP700 (Sony version of the Bose SoundSport). Used them a couple times, boxed them up, and sent them back to B&H. Terrible battery life, volume never got loud at all, and tried watching a movie on a plane but never could get the movie and sound to match up. Exchanged for the SoundSport and been very pleased.
boy09
AG
They're a little pricey, but I'm very intrigued by the Beats Powerbeats Pro's. They're supposedly better than AirPods is pretty much every way, except price and size/portability.
Madmarttigan
AG
If your ears are sensitive to plug in earbuds that rely on pressure to stay in like me, there is no better wireless earbud than the airpods. Almost every other headphone hurts my ears after extended use.

I don't give a crap about iPhones or Samsung, the Apple Watch is okish, but I absolutely love my airpods.
waltonloads11
AG
texsn95 said:

I have these. They stay in very well. Run on the treadmill a lot with them and work out. Never went into the sauna with them before. I am sure it works fine. It has a nice charging pod that you can plug directly into a usb port.
Matsui
AG
Airpods
Stat Monitor Repairman
For people that have had both Airpods and Airpods 2 ... whats the biggest improvement you are seeing?
adamsbq06
AG
"hey Siri" is awesome.

also they connect much faster than the first gen.
fig96
AG
boy09 said:

They're a little pricey, but I'm very intrigued by the Beats Powerbeats Pro's. They're supposedly better than AirPods is pretty much every way, except price and size/portability.
After having a pair of very pricey Beats headphones just break (kept them in pristine condition, always in the case, and one of the hinges just snapped) with no warranty recourse, and learning after research that this is a routine occurrence, never again.

Have a pair of AirPods and they're one of the best pieces of tech I've ever owned. I did get in on an Indiegogo campaign for a new product that I should have in a few weeks, excited to check them out:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hyphen-the-gold-standard-of-wireless-earbuds#/
heddleston
AG
Quote:

I'd be worried about what the heat would do to the batteries.
Redstone
AG
I use corded buds.
texsn95
AG
EngrAg14 said:

texsn95 said:

No sauna, but by the end of my run in this humidity now, my head feels like it's in a sauna. Once you get the right size insert for your ear, they don't move around or want to fall out at all.
Slagathor
AG
Anyone have recs for smaller wireless earbuds? I'm having a hard time finding any that wouldn't be too big in my ears, judging from review pictures. I've looked for a long time at the Rowkin buds on Amazon but have been wary because of the mixed reviews.
Ag12thman
AG
texsn95 said:

EngrAg14 said:

texsn95 said:

No sauna, but by the end of my run in this humidity now, my head feels like it's in a sauna. Once you get the right size insert for your ear, they don't move around or want to fall out at all.
How is the sound? I like a decent bass sound in my earphones.
texsn95
AG
Ag12thman said:

texsn95 said:

EngrAg14 said:

texsn95 said:

How is the sound? I like a decent bass sound in my earphones.
The sound quality is as good or better than standard wired buds, and there are 3 eq settings and 1 definitely does up the bass a bit. If my cell rings during a run, I just press the right earbud once and it connects the call, pretty handy.
Gigem314
AG
How's the sound quality of the AirPods compared to Apple's wired earbuds?

The tech is interesting, but I value sound quality more.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks. Since I'm not at all and Apple fan, I may try some to go with my Android devices.
biobioprof
tv1113 said:

If your ears are sensitive to plug in earbuds that rely on pressure to stay in like me, there is no better wireless earbud than the airpods. Almost every other headphone hurts my ears after extended use.

I don't give a crap about iPhones or Samsung, the Apple Watch is okish, but I absolutely love my airpods.
I hate the ones that stick in your ear canal. Just walking in those gives me overpressure pain.

My phone is super old and I still use wired earphones. But the Apple ones fall out. For a while I would get the Bose ones just for the earbud tips that fit into the rest of my ear. The problem with those was that they were pricey and the cords tend to rot.

There are some third party things with names like earhookz and earbuddies that work similarly to the Bose system but on Apple ear buds. I've been using those for a couple of years. Wonder if they work with Airpods.
Madmarttigan
AG
The airpods seems like the same design as the earbuds so I would think they would work or at least be a version out there that works for airpods.
Absolute
AG
Using a set of airpods with my Samsung. (wife got the as a gift.) I like them even without the apple features. Am told they sound better than other ones I ha e had.
fig96
AG
Gigem314 said:

How's the sound quality of the AirPods compared to Apple's wired earbuds?

The tech is interesting, but I value sound quality more.
I actually prefer my AirPods to the wired buds, the sound feels a bit fuller to me.
Furlock Bones
AG
bought my wife the airpods (2nd gen) for mothers day. i've borrowed them a couple of times. i have to say they are incredible. now, they aren't noise cancelling which is intended since apple wants people to wear them all day. you need to be able to hear things around you. but, the sound is quality. they stay in your ears and don't hurt. i honestly don't understand how they don't hurt considering i've always though apple's wired earbuds do.
sdc177
AG
I just ordered a pair of the Jabra 65T Elite Actives refurb from ebay for $100 (direct from Jabra). Hoping they are good, anyone have these?
fig96
AG
Furlock Bones said:

they stay in your ears and don't hurt. i honestly don't understand how they don't hurt considering i've always though apple's wired earbuds do.
This is actually an interesting point. I've noticed the same thing, the wired earbuds bother me after a few hours but I can keep the very similarly designed AirPods in all day.
Cadet05
AG
Have had the jabra elite 65t for 3 months now. Great buy.
Slagathor
AG
Found these that look like Airpods, and their website says they are made by the same manufacturer that makes the Airpods for Apple.

https://www.buyblk.com/

They seem decent and for half the price of Airpods plus the added bonus of not giving any of my money to Apple, I'm happy to try them out.
dave99ag
AG
Post your review of those Blk pods. I'll be curious to see how they hold up.
sdc177
AG
Quick follow up on my recent Jabra Elite 65t Actives purchase. I have been very pleased with them! Good value if you can get these discounted from Jabra on eBay.
GigEmAgs15
AG
I love my JBL Reflect Mini BT in-ear wireless Bluetooth sports headphones
I've had them for a year and half, and they're still comfortable, hold a great charge, and were affordable ($50 on Crutchfield.com). Plus the sound quality is good.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.