**** Official Anthem PC and Xbox thread****

11,977 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AGSPORTSFAN07
koadie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has everyone finished the story?? I'm super slow at it, but I am enjoying the Dex storyline

Eph: 2:8
Madmarttigan
AG
Can anyone explain how you start getting legendary contracts? Or what they look like once you get one on your map.
Formerly tv1113
tamusc
AG
Day one patch is now live a day early.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/anthems-day-one-patch-will-actually-go-live-today/
rhutton125
AG
I think they just pop up as purple contracts from time to time. I'm not sure what triggers them.
Shenaniganz
Also, you all don't forget to claim your VIP demo and Access reward skins form homeboy in Fort Tarsis
Madmarttigan
AG
Oh ok I do see purple contracts I didn't know why the color changed I thought it was just repeatable or something hadn't tried it yet.

Still definitely some issues with quest tracking and needing more details.

Honestly Freeplay may be a really fun farming mode if they can update it with a much better AI for tracking teammates and world events and maybe fix voice chat/ text chat
Formerly tv1113
rhutton125
AG
Got dropped from 2 of 4 missions last night, as you approach the third objective. Guess I need a day-2 patch to get me back to day-0 levels.

Here's what I need:
- this grind from level 21 to 30 (or even just 26!) to race by
- double the rate of world events
- to see that 90-day plan of theirs! They're apparently sharing some stuff next week.

Not going to get to play much this weekend but I'm kind of jonesing for more, even with all the bugs. I guess that's a good sign. We'll just see if other players are as patient!
joemeister
AG
I'm a very casual player. I was able to put in around 8 hours on the game last week and a significant portion of that time was exploring Fort Tarsis and reading about how the javelins work. My PC isn't the best (six years old with moderate upgrades over the last two or three years) and the game runs fine for me on medium settings. I haven't run into the crash issues others have had.

Bioware has already taken a very different public relations path on this game than what is normal for an EA company. Their developer streams and communication with the player base has been great. Hopefully they are able to make positive improvements to the game, much like what occurred with the Division.

One question I have is, if you pick up multiple contracts can they be completed in free play? Or do you have to start each one from Fort Tarsis and return automatically upon completion each time? I would love to knock out two or three at a time before returning to look at loot and talk to the NPCs.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
rhutton125 said:

Got dropped from 2 of 4 missions last night, as you approach the third objective. Guess I need a day-2 patch to get me back to day-0 levels.

Here's what I need:
- this grind from level 21 to 30 (or even just 26!) to race by
- double the rate of world events
- to see that 90-day plan of theirs! They're apparently sharing some stuff next week.

Not going to get to play much this weekend but I'm kind of jonesing for more, even with all the bugs. I guess that's a good sign. We'll just see if other players are as patient!
You don't play WoW do you? Don't hate the grind til you play Vanilla WoW! =)

I'm actually looking forward to the easy grind...

Also...

rhutton125
AG
@Joe - you have to start them from Tarsis, unfortunately. They're treated kind of like regular missions, essentially.

@Ag - oh I'm a Vanilla WOW vet, even PvP'd up to rank 11 or so at one time. Unfortunately, I'm not in high school with ten hours of free time per day anymore. (I mean, marriage is nice too though.)

It will probably be a few weeks before I'm 30, as I'll have to peck away at things sporadically. I want my Colossus!!!
koadie
AG
The day one patch has been great. The downside for me is that I don't have near as much time to play as I would like. My biggest problem is actually my internet. I'm paying for up to 65 mbps but having all these smart devices in our house is really slowing down the speeds.

I'm at level 27 and fixing to enter the heart of rage I've really only played with 2 suits too. Storm and interceptor.

The interceptor actually moves how I expected the hunter to move in Destiny. Storm is like this friggin space wizard and it's great

Madmarttigan
AG
This game is sending me on a up and down roller coaster of opinions. I take a break come back and the combat lures me in but then something drives me away. I'm at a wall because the loot system is so full of RNG I don't think I will ever find what I need to move on to GM2. Some people are lucky with an legendary weapon or amazing inscription rolls and become god mode but I dunno what you do until that happens.

Farming the same stronghold over and over because the other 2 strongholds have problems where the final boss is significantly harder and the other the final boss is infinite health pool. Getting plenty of masterworks but the inscription/stat details are such horrible RNG I can't progress damage wise.

Formerly tv1113
koadie
AG
There is a love hate relationship with the game. I absolutely love the flight combat and things. Then there's the redundency of the missions.

More modes need to be included. Different type of abilities.

The core of the game is fantastic. It just needs to be expanded. I'm still all about it. Love the story lore interaction etc.

Madmarttigan
AG
I'm more on the side of hating it already these days.

Formerly tv1113
koadie
AG
tv1113 said:

I'm more on the side of hating it already these days.

Too many bugs? Bad hit boxes on the flame balls killing you?

joemeister
AG
Yesterday was the first day I've had performance issues. I'm admittedly playing this game on a potato, but during the early play period I was staying between 45-65 fps with no lag issues on medium settings. Yesterday, my character was constantly rubber-banding and the mouse cursor kept popping up mid battle. Origin doesn't let you show latency (at least not in a way I have discovered yet) so I can't figure out if it's my ancient PC or a connection issue to EA's server.

Despite the performance issues, I still really enjoyed the experience. Finally starting to do more Free Play roaming around the wilderness. I like the world events, but I also agree with some of the criticism about NPCs being simplistic meat pinatas. The Division had the same issue early on and I'm hopeful that Bioware will at least attempt to make some quick corrections.
rhutton125
AG
Mine is too buggy to be worth it until the next patch, sadly. No issues at all during the early release week, but yesterday it dropped me to Origin, dropped me to the BioWare startup screen after leaving Freeplay, put me in two completed Quickplay missions, and crashed me while changing gear in the forge. All in one hour.

I've got other stuff to play, but that's a momentum killer.
Mattressburn
AG
I'm done with it for now. First day since the 15th that I didn't at least play for a bit. Too much loading. It runs terribly on my machine. Loot is now unrewarding since the nerf. Maybe I'll pick it up again in a month. ATM, it's worse than Destiny 2. Took me a month or more to get bored with that. Destiny 2 also just ran amazingly well on my pc.
nomad2007
AG
"You can fly! You can go anywhere! Mobility has never been this fun!"

Second mission: "Go in this cave, stand still and shoot at waves of enemies."

....wow...yay....so fun
joemeister
AG
Updated my GPU and audio drivers today and the game runs significantly better. Played for 3 hours without a single crash or major bug.
Cee gee
Anyone still playing?... god the loot in this game is so awful. Been doing freeplay on GM2 a lot, last night only got one masterwork after an hour and a half... no legendaries at all. Stuck at about 610 level or something.. getting harder and harder to play
Madmarttigan
AG
I really want to... I still enjoy the core of the game, possibly more than division 2, but I haven't played in like a month. Don't even think I have it installed.

Hoping in 6 months it's the game we all wanted it to be.
cr0wbar
AG
I got this free with a PC I just purchased at the beginning of March. Not sure what to expect, but installed it last night and GO ANTHEM GO
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Cee gee said:

Anyone still playing?... god the loot in this game is so awful. Been doing freeplay on GM2 a lot, last night only got one masterwork after an hour and a half... no legendaries at all. Stuck at about 610 level or something.. getting harder and harder to play
I am. I'm still at 357 and I'm loving it. I think the people who dove head first and were power players are the ones who've gotten tired. I play about once a week and I'm loving every second of the game. I've seen very little issues. I balance this game with the other 400 I have to play. As for loot, try raiding in LFR (WoW). You'll appreciate the drop rates much more here.
bigbass1170
AG
I am! Still loving the game and I finally hit level 30 last night. Haven't been able to play too much so I think that's helped on not getting burnt out.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Since the update I got a Masterwork machine pistol at level 27. So I know they fixed it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Really interesting article

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=kotaku_copy&utm_campaign=top

And bioware's response

http://blog.bioware.com/2019/04/02/anthem-game-development/
Madmarttigan
AG
I think EA would be reacting much more severely towards pulling support for Anthem and discussing bioware's future if they hadn't already had their stock crash earlier this year. I think they will just linger on in silence until their next earnings report which actually may be decent from Apex cosmetics and despite being a bust I'm sure Anthem brought in some money.

rhutton125
AG
A damn shame. BioWare isn't what it once was. I kind of forget I own Anthem. I check the Reddit from time to time and still see people complaining about gigantic bugs and problems, so I guess I'll keep waiting to get back in.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
A few major points:

• 18 months of real dev. Not 6 years like we all thought.
  • They couldn't even play their own game to test it.
  • Devs constantly pulled to other projects like Battlefront during those 6 years. Micro-transaction games were more important to EA than Anthem.
  • Frostbite Engine was the wrong technology to use but was forced on the Dev team by EA. Environmental changes can't be handled in Frostbite. Original concepts for the game could not be developed at all.
  • The video we saw at E3 in 2017 was completely fabricated. It was not in engine.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I know what you're saying....the Anthem thread just got bumped?

Here you go.

https://www.ea.com/games/anthem/news/update-120

Features
  • Freeplay
    • Improved the compass to show collectible items as a question mark when you are near one.
    • Added a purple target icon to show an area where an enemy that is guaranteed to drop loot will appear. When the enemy appears, they will have a white target icon.
    • Added the ability to fast travel to different strider locations from the map while in freeplay.
  • Three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions have been added.
  • Load screens now display lore regarding the location that you are loading into.
  • Added a simple UI for players to communicate non-verbally with each other and express themselves via emotes. This is accessed by pressing down on the D-Pad if using a controller, or B on a keyboard for PC.
General
  • Fixed an issue where the "Alt" key could not be correctly used in keybinding.
Creatures
  • Dominion Storm and Frost Brutes no longer have shields.
  • All Storm Javelins (Elementalists, Valkyries, etc) now regenerate their shields like other shielded creatures. When hovering they can be grounded with force or with fire status effects.
  • The Scar Hunter can now be grounded with fire status effects.
  • Improved the animation of the Scar Grenadier grenade throw to be more clear.
Javelin Changes
  • Looking away from interaction point while interacting no longer cancels the interaction.
Gear Changes
  • Interceptor
    • Base damage of Cluster Mine has been increased from 110 to 135
    • Base damage of Searching Glaive has been increased from 550 to 605
    • Base damage of Plasma Star has been increased from 110 to 210
    • Base damage of Wraith Strike has been increased from 250 to 315
  • Colossus
    • Base damage of Burst Mortar has been increased from 300 to 400
    • Base damage of Flak Cannon has been increased from 42 to 60
    • Base damage of Black Powder (Masterwork Flak Cannon) has been increased from 52.5 to 75
  • Ranger
    • Base damage of Blast Missile has been increased from 220 to 310
    • Based damage of Argo's Mace (Masterwork Blast Missile) has been increased from 275 to 387.5
  • Storm
    • Base damage of Flame Burst has been increased from 150 to 260
    • Base damage of Venomous Blaze (Masterwork Flame Burst) has been increased from 225 to 390
    • Base damage of Arc Burst has been increased from 300/150 to 375/185
Bug Fixes
General
  • Fixed a bug where multiple status effects applied to creatures were not able to be detonated for combos.
  • Inventory slot count at End of Expedition now matches the Forge and Vault
  • Cortex Menu - Various bugs with navigation and opening/closing the cortex have been fixed.
  • Cortex Menu - Fixed issues where some entries could not be 'mark as read' or would be become unread
  • New items gained from an expedition will now properly show the new item icon
  • Reduced frequency and intensity of several weapon muzzle flashes and gear effects.
  • Colossus Components "Reinforced Hull" and "Colossal Stock Augment" have had several issues with their text descriptions fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where the Javelin's lower body would twist oddly when strafing and swapping weapons.
  • Resolved errors with the "Conductive Lattice" Interceptor Component not always providing correct stat bonuses.
  • The "Recommended Power" values were unintentionally reverted to their original values and have been fixed. The values should now read 425 for GM1, 575 for GM2, and 675 for GM3.
Strongholds
  • General Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
  • Heart of Rage - Fixed an issue where the Monitor's glaive would rotate oddly during his final animation.
  • Heart of Rage Fixed an issue where you couldn't replay the Heart of Rage after selecting to play another mission at the end of expedition screen.
  • Heart of Rage Fixed an issue where the door closed prematurely preventing players from progressing to the arena.
  • Heart of Rage Fixed an issue where a player could be party gathered if hovering too close to the door of the second arena.
  • Heart of Rage Fixed an issue where you would receive no loot if your entire party was downed during the final phase of the titan fight.
  • Heart of Rage Fixed an issue where the Monitor encounter would break if too much damage was done before the final phase.
  • Sunken Cell Fixed an issue where the Fury sometimes would collide with rotating pillar on entering the arena.
  • Sunken Cell - Fixed some issues where creatures were unable to path to the player correctly.
  • Sunken Cell Fixed an issue where the flight suppression progress wasn't showing for some members of a squad.
  • Sunken Cell Fixed an issue where Ash Brutes would be able to move while frozen.
  • Sunken Cell Fixed some issues with the Spanish voice over conversations.
  • Temple of Scar Fixed an issue where the player could stand inside the shield bubble of the final boss.
  • Temple of Scar Fixed an issue where the player could be knocked into a cage and trapped in the boss arena.
  • Temple of Scar Fixed an issue where rejoining a session at the final boss arena would cause the player to spawn outside of the arena and then get party gathered into the arena.
  • Tyrant Mine Fixed an issue where the icon would appear twice on the Expedition map.
  • Tyrant Mine Fixed an issue with text missing on the objective.

Missions and Legendary Missions
  • General: Fixed an issue where the Legendary Missions did not unlock after completing Return to the Heart of Rage.
  • General: Fixed an issue where a player could launch a legendary mission that was no longer available on the schedule and would spawn in with no content.
  • General: Fixed an issue where Legendary Missions would be locked until the next mission was available if you started a mission and didn't complete it.
  • Finding Old Friends Legendary: Fixed an issue where disconnecting during the mission would cause the mission objectives to disappear and prevent the mission from progressing.
  • Finding Old Friends Legendary: Fixed an issue where two objective markers were present at the same time.
  • Finding Old Friends (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue where dying on the "Go to Strider" objective, the player would be respawned across the map.
  • Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where dialog wasn't playing for some players in a squad.
  • Finding Old Friends: Added missing summary text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
  • Finding Old Friends Legendary: Fixed an issue where players that did not bring both pieces of Ursix meat to gain entry to see Princess Zhim stopped the mission from progressing.
  • Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue where players were able to control their EXO during the cinematics.
  • Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with party gather after leaving the interior of the cave.
  • Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with multiple objective markers appearing.
  • Legion of Dawn: Added missing outcome text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
  • Lost Arcanist Legendary: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was using an incorrect icon.
  • Rescue Haluk Legendary: Fixed an issue where the mission didn't progress until all party members arrived at the beginning location.
  • Rescue Haluk Legendary: Fixed an issue where the move to the lower courtyard objective didn't appear until all party members reached a specific point.
  • Rescue Haluk: Fixed an issue where the summary did not appear in the Journal after completing the mission.
  • Matthias Contract Arcanist Runes: Fixed an issue where no enemies were spawning on the last objective.
  • Yarrow Tempting Target: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was missing.
  • Yarrow Imposter: Fixed an issue with the text in the Journal when this mission was completed.
Fort Tarsis
  • Fixed an issue where Forge UI appeared during cinematic for Crafting the Dawn Shield.
  • Clarified the objective text for building and equipping the Dawn Shield.
  • Fixed visual issues with the curtains at the entrance to the bar in Fort Tarsis.
  • Adjusted the conversation with Sev in the introduction to the Sunken Cell stronghold to reflect that you've spoken with Sev previously.
Environment
  • Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
Freeplay/World Events
  • Fixed an issue where scar hatches would sometimes appear and be enabled to enter in the middle of a world event instead of at the end.
  • Reputation rewards Fixed an issue where reputation points were not being awarded for the Freelancer in Need world event and added reputation points for discovering caves you can enter.
  • Fixed issues with the Arcanist Korox Study world event where dying and respawning was sometimes causing the world event to break and not be able to complete.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.