*** Firewall Zero Hour PS4 Thread ***

2,379 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KidDoc
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to start a thread to encourage team play for this up & coming PS4 VR game that is getting great previews and will hopefully finally be a good fun multiplayer VR game.

I'll update this post as people add their PS tag for teaming up. I have it pre-ordered from Target with the AIM controller for $79.

Edit: Mine is still being delivered but early reviewers seem positive on it!

List of PS4 players:
KidDoc99
DaKineTyKai
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FatZilla
AG
It does look really fun. will be interesting to see how it handles secondary weapons and expendable weapons like grenades.
AGinHI
AG
This game is amazing!

It is a groundbreaking game!

PSN DaKineTyKai
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
I was busy with starting college football season but got a good 2 hour session with my gaming buddy just doing training missions to get used to the maps and mechanics. The match-making can take a while likely due to just a limited number of players in VR on a weeknight. Once we got a group of 4 going and rolling through several matches it was great fun and pretty intense. The AI in training is awful but there are tons of them and it is fairly challenging and requires covering various entry points.

I've played a few 4 v 4 solo and it is not easy but fun!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AGinHI
AG
When are you usually on?

The best games I've played, of course, are when people are communicating and coordinating. And sometimes that takes a few games for everyone to feel comfortable.

But, half of my games people just don't say anything..
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
My old gaming buddy and I are trying to get a four group weekly going at 9 PM ish CST. Does that work for you or any other lurkers?

We are both mid 40's and don't expect to win every match just have some fun.
AGinHI
AG
KidDoc said:

My old gaming buddy and I are trying to get a four group weekly going at 9 PM ish CST. Does that work for you or any other lurkers?

That works for me-7 pm my time.

I'm going to be 45 end of this year, and I know my reaction time and processing speed are slowing and visual acuity is degrading so...

I listen real well though

Although the tinnitus sometimes interferes with certain pitches...

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
AGinHI said:

KidDoc said:

That works for me-7 pm my time.

I'm going to be 45 end of this year, and I know my reaction time and processing speed are slowing and visual acuity is degrading so...

I listen real well though

Although the tinnitus sometimes interferes with certain pitches...
We are actually going to start a little early just this week at 8 PM CST, 6 PM your time because my gaming buddy (Katydad) is taking his teen kids to see The Nun @ 10:20. Feel free to hop on whenever and send me a message if I miss the pop up. What worked best for us last time was using the in game invite instead of party. We had some issues with errors in party mode with the game running for some reason. I think it is because the game wants you to use their in game speech as it decreases volume as you move away from each other while party chat would be the same volume- kind of a cheat mode.
AGinHI
AG

-Milton Friedman
AGinHI
AG
I've been playing with different teams of Germans the past hour.

My PSN is pronounced duh-kahyn and these guys are trying to call out opponents for me "Dackin! Dackin! He's...he's...how do I say..."

And then I'm dead. And we're getting smashed.

It's about as difficult as playing with people that don't communicate

Although much funnier.

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
Fun games tonight AginHI we just need one more to make it a four-some for faster match-making! I do feel like I'm getting a better feel for the 4v4 game and gunplay, pretty amazing game I can easily see it becoming my primary time sink with a few steady team-mates. They don't even have to be good just fun to try and win with.
AGinHI
AG
Yeah, that was good fun. Thanks for letting me join y'all. It's definitely become my go to game.
KidDoc said:

I do feel like I'm getting a better feel for the 4v4 game and gunplay,
You're getting better occurred within a couple hours. I don't know what it is or what I'm doing, but unfortunately it's going to take me awhile, smh

It's like I'm just not very good

Enjoy the game today.

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
AGinHI said:

Yeah, that was good fun. Thanks for letting me join y'all. It's definitely become my go to game.
KidDoc said:

I do feel like I'm getting a better feel for the 4v4 game and gunplay,
You're getting better occurred within a couple hours. I don't know what it is or what I'm doing, but unfortunately it's going to take me awhile, smh

It's like I'm just not very good

Enjoy the game today.
Eh it is all great fun and pretty intense. At one point I was crouched in a hall behind some file cabinets and I could hear the enemy team and see them through the gap. Then I popped out and gunned one to death then died myself. Was fun!

You may want to try using the earbuds, the directional sound is very helpful.

edit: also turning off the in game music helps to hear the enemy
AGinHI
AG
I may not be the best

But when I'm on a really bad team

I'm actuall pretty ****ty

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
Just a reminder we plan to get shooting again 9 PM CST for AGinHI or any lurkers out there.
AGinHI
AG

-Milton Friedman
KidDoc
AG
AGinHI said:

We are good for tonight again AginHI.

We still need one more person to make it a stable 4 person team if any lurkers want to join drop your PS4 tag here. We start at 9 PM CST and usually play until 11 or 12-- or 2 am like I did last time.
KidDoc
AG
We will be on tonight at 6:30 CST if you can get on. We should be on Friday night as well.
KidDoc
AG
Missed ya last Friday we will be back this Friday 9 PM CST.

Could still use one more for the 4 man weekly squad! It is a great game if you already have VR!
KidDoc
AG
We are loving this game easily one of the best VR games out and we play most every Friday night from 9 PM CST to 12 or 1 or 2.

Just bumping for any Aggies picking it up on sales. We could use one more regular person to complete our squad for Friday night Firewall. We are by no means elite but we have a great time!
KidDoc
AG
This weekend is a free trial and double XP for Firewall for those who have been thinking of trying it out. I plan to play a good bit depending on weather and wife aggro. Feel free to send me a tell if you want to join up it is much better with organized teams!

> Kiddoc99

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.