Bethesda teases something Fallout related

10,989 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AtlAg05
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

New Fallout?

Fallout on switch?

Fallout 3 remaster?

Skyrim on the Pip Boy while playing Fallout 4 on switch?
Claude!
My guess is some remaster or rerelease, but I'd buy a new computer for a truly new Fallout.
titanmaster_race
ENOUGH FALLOUT. GIVE ME A NEW ELDER SCROLLS.
Average Joe
AG
Has to be Switch related.
MGS
Elder Scrolls version of Fallout Shelter.
CubbieAggie
AG
titanmaster_race said:

ENOUGH FALLOUT. GIVE ME A NEW ELDER SCROLLS.
Not until they figure out how to port Skyrim to the Atari 2600.
nomad2007
AG
My guess is Fallout 3 Remastered
rgag12
AG
They are just doing a remaster of Fallout 3. It took them 7 years to go from Fallout 3 to Fallout 4. There is no way they are making a new game of any sort.
Vince Blake
If it is a remaster...please oh please be New Vegas.
Vince Blake
nomad2007
AG
Their twitch stream has been up since 10am with just a stand-by screen...with over 140k viewers.

Average Joe
AG
Didn't they do this same type of ad campaign a few years back? Anyone remember how long it was until they actually announced something?
SeattleAgJr
nomad2007 said:

Skyrim on the Pip Boy while playing Fallout 4 on switch?
Wildmen03
AG
Fallout 3 came out 10 years ago, so my vote is for a 10th anniversary remaster.
BTHOthatguy
nomad2007
AG
BTHOthatguy said:

I didn't in anyway expect a new Fallout.

Take my money.
rgag12
AG
nomad2007 said:

BTHOthatguy said:

Take my money.

Didn't expect an entirely new game, however color me skeptical still. I guess we'll see during E3
nomad2007
AG
rgag12 said:

nomad2007 said:

BTHOthatguy said:

Take my money.

Didn't expect an entirely new game, however color me skeptical still. I guess we'll see during E3
You're probably right to be skeptical. Kotaku just reported a source that claimed it will be multiplayer or have multiplayer elements.

Hope it isn't an ESO type thing.
Average Joe
AG
Fallout 76: Battle Royale
Tex117
AG
Quite frankly, after the rather bland Fallout 4...I remain skeptical.

We will see what they have in mind at E3. Bethesda needs to reevaluate from top to bottom what makes open worlds compelling. Especially in a post Witcher 3 world.
Chase McGuire

Schreier is almost always spot-on. Sounds like it'll be an online thing, not something like New Vegas.
Claude!
That would be utterly deflating.
Beezy2389
AG
While a full RPG game would be a surprise, Vault 76 is a control vault meaning it was opened up as it was designed to do 20ish years after the bombs dropped. A bunch of things in the trailer also suggest leaving to reclaim the land. Could be interesting.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8n7i4o/bethesda_is_announcing_fallout_vault_76/

Posted before the trailer was released. Some guy claims to have info, says it's a base building game that is online/multiplayer. Also says they'll announce a Fallout 3 remaster at E3.
nomad2007
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/8n7i4o/bethesda_is_announcing_fallout_vault_76/

Posted before the trailer was released. Some guy claims to have info, says it's a base building game that is online/multiplayer. Also says they'll announce a Fallout 3 remaster at E3.

FO3 remaster would be a buy for me, considering how terrible the original runs on PC now.

Would have to pass on a base-building game, though.
Pman17
AG
Didn't like ESO. Probably pass since there's too many games to get this holiday.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Looks like this may be a long way off. October 27th is referenced a few times during the trailer, and if Bethesda sticks to their Tuesday pattern, it'll be in 2020.
AtlAg05
AG
I've only played FO4, but I'm curious what made FO3 the favorite.
Average Joe
AG
AtlAg05 said:

The RPG elements were much better. They were greatly simplified in FO4. Dialog was much better. Three Dog, the radio host, was awesome to listen to. You also don't have to go save a settlement dry 5 minutes.

Edit: I'll add that New Vegas was better just for storyline and dialog alone.
Claude!
FO4 is probably a better game mechanically than 3 or NV, but 3 and (especially) NV were better Fallout RPGs. 4 simplified a lot of the dialogue elements and basically did away with the skill system, which left some folks out in the cold. Shooting is MUCH better in 4, though.
Wildmen03
AG
AtlAg05 said:

I think the main reason that it's so highly regarded is at the time FO3 was a monster of a game. Giant open world, tons of dialogue, massive amount of NPCs, plenty of weapons and the ability to really forge your own path through the game. Playing it now can seem a bit clunky, but it still holds up well. The nostalgia factor is a big help.

You see that stuff all the time lately, but 10 years ago those games were much more rare.
E
AG
I thought the base building in FO4 was kinda lame.
jeffk
AG
Same. All the settlement crap slowed the game down considerably and I hated that. Wish I could have just opted out and continued my wandering.
Bregxit
AG
jeffk said:

Same. All the settlement crap slowed the game down considerably and I hated that. Wish I could have just opted out and continued my wandering.

I never finished FO4 because of it. The game went from fun to stagnant instantly at that point.
Phat32
AG
Loved FO3.

Liked 4 a lot, but seemed like the power armor was OP and settlement building was stupid.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.