Your connection is not private

2,346 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KidDoc
ATXAdvisor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting this message when trying to visit TexAgs on my laptop. The message goes on to say,

"This server could not prove it is www.texags.com; its security certificate is from *.azurewebsites.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

Any thoughts on cause of this and if I should be concerned? (Mobile site is working fine through same connection)
Wildmen03
AG
It may be some sort of malware trying to redirect you. Maybe one of the ads is trying to do something it's not supposed to do.

Just curious, is the date and time correct on your machine? I sometimes get security errors if I have a machine showing the wrong date.

Also, what browser are you using? If it's Chrome of Firefox, try installing uBlock origins and then try it again.
ATXAdvisor
AG
I tried uBlock, no luck. The browser is Chrome and date/time look right.
ntxVol
That certificate information looks fishy. When I look at the texags website info, it says the certificate was issued through godaddy and the domain is texags.com (not www.texags.com).

ETA: Try going to texags.com and not www.texags.com. Something fishy with the www, I see the same thing when I try to go there.
Drawkcab
Definitely something fishy with the www. I get a massage saying "Fisher, Aggies see opportunity, challenge in upcoming spring scrimmage"
Tailgate88
AG
you should cross post this to the technical support board so Josh sees it.
OldArmy71
AG
Something similar going on with me.

The website keeps changing from "Secure" to an "i" in a circle. If I refresh the page, it reverts to "Secure," but then soon changes back.
flakrat
AG
I got one of those popup messages that essentially prevent you from backing out of the ad on my iPhone the other day.

Normally my PiHole server blocks this kind of crap, but in this case I was on Verizon LTE.
exp
AG
Any conclusions on this one?
KidDoc
AG
Tailgate88 said:

you should cross post this to the technical support board so Josh sees it.
I posted it thanks for noticing this. Chrome didn't tell me but I see exactly what you are talking about.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.