Gamers are trying to save the Battleship Texas

1,206 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tamu05ag
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Full disclosure: it has been a couple decades since I have gamed. But this is bad ass.

http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/online-gaming-company-raising-money-to-help-save-battleship-texas/509473903?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5a63132b04d3012646f92f16&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
Risky101
S
Yep, I have quite a bit of time in WoWs. I sent a referral to my secondary email and did the grind to a tier 6 ship this weekend. Gotta save the Texas
The Fife
Quote:

The Battleship Texas served in both World War I and World War II, the only battleship still in existence. The ship was commissioned in 1914 and was known as the most powerful weapon in the world at the time.

Today, the 113-year-old ship is docked in the Houston Ship Channel near the San Jacinto Battleground Historic Site, where it also serves as a museum.
Today I learned Battleship Texas can also time travel!
UmustBKidding
Can't they all? I know the carrier Nimitz can i saw it do it in final countdown around 1980
chigger
AG
Look at that picture and then think "1914". Holy crap that is one amazing piece of engineering when you think about it. Bravo to those who built it.
AnalogyAg
Spent the night on that ship as part of a scouting trip- simply amazing and wonderful. Yes, it was incredible that that was built with such capability 100 yrs ago.
flakrat
AG
Too cool
Pman17
AG
The problem with this ship is it needs to be dry docked. Ships are dry docked every couple of years for hull inspections. I think it's like 2 years. Then every 5 years they go to the shipyard for repairs. A ship can last for hundreds of years as long as it's dry docked and there are parts available. Seems like dry docking the battleship is going to be very expensive for the condition that it's in. I don't think they could tow the ship out of port so dry docks are gonna have to be brought to it. The underneath may need to be dredged just to slide a dry dock under. The task will be very expensive, we're talking millions. I'm thinking if they can't do that, they should just fill in the slip with dirt and cement the ship in place like they did with the USS Cavalla and Stewart in SeaWolf Park.
boboguitar
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Can't they all? I know the carrier Nimitz can i saw it do it in final countdown around 1980

Sure, they all travel forward in time. 1 day per day.
Big_Russ
AG
tamu05ag
I wanted to buy this game and dlc to support but it seems it expired at the end of December to purchase this pack. Is anyone having this problem or is it just me?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.