T-Mobile raises their Fair Usage threshold for data de-prioritization to 50 GB!!

1,753 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For caparison, Verizon and AT&T have it at 22 GB while Sprint has it at 23 GB. I also heard a rumor that Verizon is starting a campaign to get their biggest unlimited data consumers off their network. Their network is obviously hurting big time when they re-introduced unlimited data plans. Will see if this raise from T-Mobile hurts the network but I don't really see it happening.

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/09/t-mobile-may-increase-deprioritization-threshold-50gb/
permabull
AG
bco2003
AG
hypeiv said:

Does binge on count towards the limit?... Pretty sure I went over their cap last month if you count all my data but most of it was on PlayStation Vue which supports binge on but I didn't notice any slow down

Yes, Binge On counts toward the de-prioritization limit.
jja79
AG
T Mobile is completely unlimited data. No need to worry about Binge On any longer.
bco2003
AG
jja79 said:

T Mobile is completely unlimited data. No need to worry about Binge On any longer.

There are still a good amount of users on the older Simple Choice plans that haven't migrated to T-Mobile One.
BrazosDog02
AG
Golf clap for the company doing way less than they should be. Yaaaayyyy.

How in the **** do we have limits of the ****ing Internet in 2017? Seriously. Wtf.

**** them. **** you too at&t. Thanks for the unlimited Internet plan. I used to have to keep it at 40gb, but I just blew the 104gb last month. Kiss my ass.
redd38
AG
How do you use 104gb on your phone?
aggieforester05
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Golf clap for the company doing way less than they should be. Yaaaayyyy.

How in the **** do we have limits of the ****ing Internet in 2017? Seriously. Wtf.

**** them. **** you too at&t. Thanks for the unlimited Internet plan. I used to have to keep it at 40gb, but I just blew the 104gb last month. Kiss my ass.

Agreed, quit being regressive and upgrade your network to handle demand using the exorbitant amount of money you charge your users monthly.
agfan2013
AG
How do people even get close to 20 gb of data a month, much less 50? Only thing I can think of is if you stream music 8 hours a day at your work I guess that starts to add up. Im cheap when it comes to that stuff and have no problem with a 2 gb monthly plan. Yall do know what wifi is right??????

Edit to add I do have a friend that is in outside sales so to log his milage he has to have a tracking app on constantly when driving around and seeing customers but outside of one really specific instance like his, Im having a hard time seeing how people use that much data. Pick your heads up out of your phones every once in a while, it wont kill you.
aggieforester05
AG
Not everybody has wifi where they work and most companies won't let you stream music or connect personal devices to the company network.
AtlAg05
AG
Streaming the World Cup games had me hitting the 20gb threshold to where I got the warning text. But that was multiple games over weeks.
91AggieLawyer
AG
TMobile and Sprint are in merger talks. It appears that if that happens, they may structure the transaction so that it is like they are both acquired by another company. I wonder if there is a clause in the TM user agreements about mergers/acquisitions and releasing both the company and the consumer from any particular clause or agreement.
permabull
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I keep an eye on it but don't go over 3-4 gb a month. holy **** none of you get your work done.

I make sure to download my podcasts at home. I just don't see how you are are getting 20-40 gb a month in data.
BrazosDog02
AG
redd38 said:

Hotspot, bro. My cellular signal is my broadband Internet. It's phone, email, netflix, bills, internet, remote login.

Like I said, in 2017, we really havnt gotten that far from AOL of 1995.
MaroonStain
AG
I work and lurk YouTube gaming streamers all day. I steadily hit 50GB each month.
Guitarsoup
AG
redd38 said:

agfan2013
AG
Saxsoon said:

holy **** none of you get your work done.

Im starting to wonder this myself. I mean, I shouldnt be casting too many stones as I definitely cruse texags during working hours and check facebook at lunch, but damn if yall are using up that much data during the day, either ask for more work or something, will probably help you get promoted.

Quote:

I make sure to download my podcasts at home.
Wouldnt this make more sense monetarily too? I know spotify, apple music, and other stuff will let you save playlists for offline listening so you dont use data. Would it not be cheaper to pay them $10 a month or whatever vs paying a lot more per month for unlimited data on a phone plan? I know with verizon an unlimited plan is more than $10 higher than the 2 gb plan I have.
Jasomania
AG
I still think its BS a company can advertise and call its service "unlimited" when there are clearly strings attached when you hit certain thresholds. You should be getting the same service the first gig of data as you are the 500 gb of data, anything other than that is false advertising pure and simple.
Guitarsoup
AG
If you aren't in an area of high data usage, you will never get throttled.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.