Wife's Android Phone died

638 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dummble
dummble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my wife had a Nexus 5x and she said she was on the phone and it just died. It had power and just turned off. I was able to hard reset and go to the boot menu. Cleared the cache, tried booting in safe mode, nothing. I called google and we flashed the phone from boot menu and still nothing. Google said it was under warrenty and sent me a new phone.

Great, end of story I thought.

I stuck her sim card in my old Moto X. 1 Day later it dies. Fool me once I say.

Is the click bait from faceook or some app causing this? Can you malware a phone and kill it? Is this an android problem and that's why google was so quick to replace it? The new nexus 5x arrives today and I do not want to go 3 for 3.
EMY92
AG
My sister had a Nexus 5...and then a warranty replacement...and then a warranty replacement...and then she got something else after that one died.
Aggietaco
AG
I posted in the Nexus thread about my wife's 5x. There's a known issue.

No clue about malware that can infect a sim card.
dummble
AG
I wouldn't think it's the sim card. I just figured after the different make second phone with an older android os, that it was something she did and not the phone. Maybe an Android os issue or picking up the same malware
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.