Viewing tagged Instagram photos on desktop

8,654 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a discovery issue in a lawsuit. The plaintiff was tagged in photos/commented on said photos via Instagram that are relevant to the case. While I have been provided the photos that the plaintiff herself uploaded (since those are easily viewed on the desktop), but not those that she was tagged in.

Other than (1) having Plaintiff screen capture from her mobile app and providing the photos/comments that way, or (2) going to the Instagram user that uploaded the photo, which will be much more difficult- is there any other way for the plaintiff to access/provide the photos and comments that she was tagged in? TIA.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Don't understand the requirements exactly... are you trying to extract the photo from instagram?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Yes, with associated comments and as simply as possible. I was hoping to do that via desktop rather than the mobile application b
Sixers_Fan
AG
There are sites that will let you take the photo off instagram but the comments will probably have to be taken from a screenshot. Instagram is more mobile oriented so its not easy like twitter to threads of comments and things without just taking a picture. If you have the URL you can get the picture from this website http://www.dinsta.com/ , but I cant really do anything about the comments.
jopatura
AG
Instagram.com can be accessed from a desktop and it basically shows the feed that you would see on a mobile device. But it doesn't give you any extra features if that's what you're asking for.
Sixers_Fan
AG
Most of the PC apps regarding comments and saving those only download your photos, not photos that you have been tagged in. https://digi.me/networks/instagram is an example where it creates a little database for you but I don't know if its providing exactly what you need.
Sixers_Fan
AG
And you could always go on instagram from your PC and use the snipping tool to take a more usable screenshot than one from an iphone
P.H. Dexippus
AG
But it does not appear that tagged photos show up on the desktop...
Sixers_Fan
AG
Try getting the photo url on her phone and plugging it in on your browser on computer?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Thanks for the suggestion, I may try that
Sixers_Fan
AG
No problemo... wish I could be of more help but Instagram is just kinda difficult to do any sleuthing with,
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Have you contacted them to see if they have a branch to deal w legal evidentiary requests?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I have not, but assumed they operated in the same policy as Facebook- not honoring civil subpoenas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.