Cities Skylines

8,484 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Burdizzo
ag_derp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I want to download, but my wife will kill me.
DO IT
capital markets
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think commercial demand is 1-1 with residential, that's for sure. Looking across my city I think I have a fair amount of commercial zoned that would roughly approximate real life.

At low education levels though it's industry, industry, industry. I have a couple universities now and office zoning is picking up. The only way I've figured out how to tell the demand difference between industrial and office is to click on some industrial buildings and see if they say they have overeducated workers. In my case, most of my workers are overeducated so I'm rapidly shifting to office zoning.
Don't make the mistake I did and replace all of your industry with offices. Otherwise your commercial buildings won't be supplied with enough goods to sell.
I made the same mistake
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:

Teacher_Ag
AG
The wife and I are playing in shifts. My biggest success at A&M was finding the rare gem known as the hot girl who also likes to game.
javajaws
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think commercial demand is 1-1 with residential, that's for sure. Looking across my city I think I have a fair amount of commercial zoned that would roughly approximate real life.

At low education levels though it's industry, industry, industry. I have a couple universities now and office zoning is picking up. The only way I've figured out how to tell the demand difference between industrial and office is to click on some industrial buildings and see if they say they have overeducated workers. In my case, most of my workers are overeducated so I'm rapidly shifting to office zoning.
Don't make the mistake I did and replace all of your industry with offices. Otherwise your commercial buildings won't be supplied with enough goods to sell.
Good point. I should have said that most of my new industry I have been building in offices. However, whenever I do build new industry it still picks up employees immediately.
Phil Garner
quote:
JJxvi
AG
Excellent game.
wee_ag
AG
n_touch
I am confused and hopefully someone can help out. I thought this could be played offline? If so what is the steam account used for?
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
You can go offline in Steam. Steam is a combo of things. Digital download, DRM, and modding community. Definitely better than that Origin crap.
n_touch
So it is available as a download or only through steam? Never used steam before and dont feel like setting up an account if not needed.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
I believe it's only through Steam. Not too big of a deal. Only downside of Steam are their summer and winter sales, the b@stards.
wee_ag
AG
Been a while since I played, but they just announced their first FREE DLC, After Dark.

Introduces a night/day cycle with new gameplay during the night.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines-after-dark

Pman17
AG
Yay! I was building a beach front for a city yesterday and wish they had better stuff for the beach than what's on Steam Workshop. I'm excited!

Also glad to hear it's coming to Xbox One!
wee_ag
AG
Yeah, I've seen you on the last couple of days. Makes me want to pick it back up again.
Jacques
quote:

Where can you get the modification?
Ph.D.Aggies
AG
game was on sale on Steam this weekend for 12 bucks or something.. I bought it and love it! I accidentally flooded my manufacturing district by deleting a damn. Whoops.
Burdizzo
AG
1) Anyone still playing this game?

2) I have an HP notebook. I assume the video card requirements preclude me from playing on a notebook with this video card spec "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family"

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.