****Week SEVEN Start/Sit/Waivers****

3,760 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by oh no
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieNiebs said:

Burrow vs Browns
----or----
Baker vs Baltimore
????????

thanks
I've learned my lesson the hard way. Play Baker until he gives you a reason not to
texagbeliever
That is a great match-up for Baker and poor for burrow.
oh no
AG
oh no said:

my RB1 has been very middling and disappointing FF scoring-wise: Josh Jacobs
my RB2 options currently on my roster are not exciting at all: Javonte Williams, Tank Bigsby, Bucky Irving, and Jonathon Brooks in IR.

...how big of a roster improvement would it be if I can add Rico Dowdle via trading away a WR to a WR-needy team? ...or is Dowdle not much better than what I already have at RB2 for ROS?

anyone have any thoughts on Rico? most ROS rankings I see have him right around my current RB2 options, but I'm not so sure the cowboys don't recommit to the run and start tossing zeke to the side. The big day for Sean Tucker, the impending return of Rachaad White, and the "three headed monster" comments by the head coach lead me to think Bucky won't pan out like I hoped. The big involvement by D'Earnest Johnson after Eitenne's injury, the consistent negative game scripts for the Jags, and the eventual return of Etienne, lead me to think Tank Bigsby may not provide a lot of fantasy football value outside of that one 2 td week he already had a few weeks ago. ...and Javonte is just Javonte. In addition, my IR stash, Brooks, even though he was the first/ highest drafted RB in the draft last April, may not really assert himself due to the injury return and the success of Chuba so far.
MooreTrucker
AG
oh no said:

oh no said:

my RB1 has been very middling and disappointing FF scoring-wise: Josh Jacobs
my RB2 options currently on my roster are not exciting at all: Javonte Williams, Tank Bigsby, Bucky Irving, and Jonathon Brooks in IR.

...how big of a roster improvement would it be if I can add Rico Dowdle via trading away a WR to a WR-needy team? ...or is Dowdle not much better than what I already have at RB2 for ROS?

anyone have any thoughts on Rico? most ROS rankings I see have him right around my current RB2 options, but I'm not so sure the cowboys don't recommit to the run and start tossing zeke to the side. The big day for Sean Tucker, the impending return of Rachaad White, and the "three headed monster" comments by the head coach lead me to think Bucky won't pan out like I hoped. The big involvement by D'Earnest Johnson after Eitenne's injury, the consistent negative game scripts for the Jags, and the eventual return of Etienne, lead me to think Tank Bigsby may not provide a lot of fantasy football value outside of that one 2 td week he already had a few weeks ago. ...and Javonte is just Javonte. In addition, my IR stash, Brooks, even though he was the first/ highest drafted RB in the draft last April, may not really assert himself due to the injury return and the success of Chuba so far.
I don't trust anyone on the Cowboys right now, and Rico just has not impressed me.
texagbeliever
What WRs do you have to trade?
Maybe you could try to get Jordan Mason for a WR you wouldn't start assuming no byes. Basically bet that CMC won't come back.
Austin Ekeler might be an interesting option. He has good ppr value and that offense moves the ball.

Will otherwise take a top WR to get a quality RB in the top 15 you can trust.

oh no
AG
I'm actually thin at WR, but have good starters (Nabers, Lamb, London). My bye week/injury bench options right now are Wan'Dale, Odunze.

I've poured through the top 15-20 or so ROS ppr ranked RBs (of which I only have one - Jacobs) and I don't see a lot of potential deals for those top backs that people will part with- unless maybe if I throw Lamb or someone out there. My team is 4-2, 3rd place in 12 team league, 2nd most points scored, so not dire and not feeling like I should toss any part of this team's strength at this point.

I was just looking at 20-30ish ranked RBs- ranked around where my current rb2 options are, and speculating that Dowdle is in a good position to out-perform those projections/rankings... and I noticed that the Dowdle owner is in 2nd place, but has a dire need for WRs (after BTJ, he's got Olave likely OUT this week and starts the likes of Pittman, who DNP yesterday with a back injury, or Lockett at flex). ...and Dowdle is on bye this week so he can't use him.. Wan'Dale has been a target hog even when Nabers was playing, so would help him- and I won't need him if Nabers is back this week. This guy will still have Bijan and Gibbs starting at RB.

Seems like a fair trade that helps him, but wanted ya'll thoughts on my Dowdle speculation - does it really help me or are Bucky, Tank Bigsby, Javonte just as adequate for me to stay put?

Ekeler is ranked right around the same as those guys.
texagbeliever
I think it makes sense. I kind of like Wandale as a flex. Dowdle doesn't strike me as a 15+ point upside player so his value over replacement will be low to a rb2 option.
Rex Racer
AG
Here's a tough one.

2 out of the 3:

DK Metcalf @ Atl
Zay Flowers @ TB
Diontae Johnson @ Washington

Other option is to play all 3 and sit JK Dobbins as my Flex. But I don't think I want to sit Dobbins.

Leaning towards playing Metcalf, Johnson, and Dobbins.

League is PPR.
Coachbro20
Should I cut Tank Bigsby and pick up Ty Chandler? Chandler is a FA and I have Aaron Jones, but he is questionable.
texagbeliever
PPR?
Rex Racer
AG
texagbeliever said:

PPR?
Yes.
oh no
AG
Quote:

Leaning towards playing Metcalf, Johson, and Dobbins.
oh no
AG
Coachbro20 said:

Should I cut Tank Bigsby and pick up Ty Chandler? Chandler is a FA and I have Aaron Jones, but he is questionable.
knowing hamstrings (Etiene) could be multiple to several weeks- I'm planning on holding Bigsby for a while still to see how things shake out... but nervous about game script and D'Earnest Johnson as the passing down back as what happened last week with JAX... For you, however, Ty Chandler being a key handcuff / insurance policy on your squad and potentially start-able this weekend vs DET, might be worth it.
oh no
AG
which of these lousy defenses should I drop chicago for and start this week? the ones with the good match-ups have shown zero ability through six games to get sacks or turnovers or hold opposing offenses to low scoring games. the ones I think are actually good defenses IRL have tough matchups this week.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Kansas City or LAC
Ag_07
AG
Indy vs MIA for sure

At least now you have it narrowed down to 3
oh no
AG
crap, well, a day after they said Etienne was week to week with a hammy, he practices. I guess Tank Bigsby will remain a risky start despite the thought that he might actually be their #1 back for a spell.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I'm officially not starting Etienne
W
AG
I'm starting Denver D/ST in one league...and New Orleans D/ST in another

hoping for an all-time Thursday night clunker tonight
oh no
AG
W said:

I'm starting Denver D/ST in one league...and New Orleans D/ST in another

hoping for an all-time Thursday night clunker tonight
i'm starting Denver D/ST, and now unfortunately with this Etienne news and not sure about Rachaad White making me uneasy about Tank and Bucky respectively, probably starting Javonte tonight. ...and might start Lutz at K... all in one league. I sure hope the fightin Spencer Rattlers are garbage tonight and the broncos Laissez les bons temps rouler.
texagbeliever
oh no said:

which of these lousy defenses should I drop chicago for and start this week? the ones with the good match-ups have shown zero ability through six games to get sacks or turnovers or hold opposing offenses to low scoring games. the ones I think are actually good defenses IRL have tough matchups this week.

Saints are averaging 2 TOs a game, 1 force fumble (Not in to category) and 2 sacks a game. That is 7 points before scoring comes in. They scored 10 points even though they gave up 45 to TB.
They have 0 TDs which is an outlier for a team with 12 opportunities.
oh no
AG
good points... that would put me in the same predicament as W- playing the DEN defense in one league and the NO defense in another... with the added dread of also playing Javonte and Lutz..
Silvertaps
AG
FLEX (PPR):

Javonte Williams or Ekeler?
texagbeliever
oh no said:

good points... that would put me in the same predicament as W- playing the DEN defense in one league and the NO defense in another... with the added dread of also playing Javonte and Lutz..

That's fine. It is generally QB vs DEF that you don't want paired together. Nix could throw a pick or two and you'd be in a good spot.
oh no
AG
Silvertaps said:

FLEX (PPR):

Javonte Williams or Ekeler?
Lean Javonte.

PPR points the last few weeks vs NO defense:

wk6: Tucker + Bucky: 52.7
wk5: Hunt: 18.7
wk4: Bijan + Allgeire: 21.4
wk3: Saquon: 33.6

AggieNiebs
AG
Need 2 WR:

Mike Evans with 'Q' status for a Monday night game
Josh Downs
Jameson Williams
DeMario Douglas
aggiepaintrain
AG
I feel dumb for even asking since Denver D has been on fire.

Who would you start Cincy vs Cleveland
or Denver vs NO ?
AggieNiebs
AG
Cincy hasn't shown an ability to put up fantasy numbers
oh no
AG
AggieNiebs said:

Need 2 WR:

Mike Evans with 'Q' status for a Monday night game
Josh Downs
Jameson Williams
DeMario Douglas
I'm pretty sure Mike Evans will play so I think you're penciling in Mike Evans and Josh Downs. Jameson has the big play boom high ceiling on limited targets. However, Downs, even with Flacco out and AR5 in at QB, should be a target hog with Pittman highly questionable. And lucky for you, there are four teams playing on Monday night so if Mike Evans ends up not playing without any further clarification between now and Sunday, you'll have options. You could quickly grab either Michael Wilson (17% owned in yahoo leagues) or Greg Dortch (5%) with Marvin Harrison Jr highly questionable, or grab the next man up in TB whose targets likely increase with Evans out: Sterling Shepard (0%). Or, throw a dart at one of these guys also playing on MNF:

Josh Palmer (13%)
Quenton Johnston (19%)
Rashod Batemen (13%)
EliteZags
AG
texagbeliever said:

I think it makes sense. I kind of like Wandale as a flex. Dowdle doesn't strike me as a 15+ point upside player so his value over replacement will be low to a rb2 option.

def won't get Rico for Wandale, Wandale could get you maybe like Jerome Ford, Mattison at best
texagbeliever
If rico was my rb4 on my team I would trade for Wandale (if I didn't have Nabers). So many bad qbs have turned WRs into a scarce commodity especially in start 3 and flex leagues.
oh no
AG
EliteZags said:

texagbeliever said:

def won't get Rico for Wandale, Wandale could get you maybe like Jerome Ford, Mattison at best
I don't know. The dude has Olave out, Pittman likely out. He's starting BTJ and Lockett at WR this week and doesn't really have a flex with Rico on bye. In a PPR league where Wan'Dale has 58 targets thru 6 games = almost 10 per game, I thought he might be open to it. I just don't know how good Dowdle is going to be for ROS.
oh no
AG
In my league with two IR spots, sounds like both of my IR players could be activated this week: Chubb and Hockenson. ...I should drop Andrews and start Hockenson right away if he's active, right?

Ag_07
AG
You should drop Andrews because he's irrelevant.
texagbeliever
I would say this about saints Def: i'd look to start the Lions over them. Aaron Jones has a hamstring injury (shocker) and the Jets got 4 sacks, an int and a fumble against them. Right now Sleeper has the Lions at only 5.5 proj points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.