DAL @ PIT Game Thread

17,342 Views | 679 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 94chem
LostTexasBoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

There's your $60MM QB haters

I've always said this about Dak, maybe not here cause I don't post much here, but when Dak is on he's one of the best in the league. He's legit amazing. But he's so inconsistent it's beyond frustrating. He's a great guy. He's a great teammate. And when he's on he's one of the best. But at $60MM/yr you need to be one of the best most of the time.

He almost lost this game. Then he threw a damn dime pass for the win. It was a perfect throw. Like I said, frustrating.

That being said…

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!
hph6203
AG
gigem1223 said:

Not in the let Dak walk camp, but there's maybe three QB's in the last 30 years that made it to their first Super Bowl while getting paid like a premium QB. Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Matt Stafford. The only other one that was close was Brad Johnson, but he made half what Manning signed for the year after Johnson signed with the Bucs.

Dak is not Brees or Manning and Stafford was air dropped into a quality team.
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigem1223 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I'm mostly left thinking how was Pittsburgh 3-1 with Fields at qb

Defense

Yeah, but it takes more than that in the modern nfl
Infection_Ag11
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Elite defense
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
DannyDuberstein said:

NFL rewards mediocrity as long as you don't do anything negative.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
FireAg
AG
Three turnovers and a blocked FG, and they still win…

Unreal…
gigem1223
FireAg said:

Three turnovers and a blocked FG, and they still win…

Unreal…

And several more injuries. Looking at the box score, it should've been a blowout. Out gained them 445-225. This is a good team if we can just eliminate the boneheaded plays in the red zone.
GreasenUSA
AG
birdman said:

GreasenUSA said:

Man, seeing that replay of the TD. Actually wasn't a great pass. Great hands on Tolbert though.
Watch it again. Pass was pretty much perfect.
Thank goodness it worked out!
gigem1223
Dang no snoop postgame interview? Can't wait to watch all the media pundits (who 95% picked Steelers to win) spin a narrative out of this one.
Macarthur
With all the injuries, this was a gutsy win. Kinda made it harder than it should have been, but still a gutsy win
bonfarr
AG
I missed it, how long is Parsons going to be out?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
gigem1223
LostTexasBoy said:

gigem1223 said:

I've always said this about Dak, maybe not here cause I don't post much here, but when Dak is on he's one of the best in the league. He's legit amazing. But he's so inconsistent it's beyond frustrating. He's a great guy. He's a great teammate. And when he's on he's one of the best. But at $60MM/yr you need to be one of the best most of the time.

He almost lost this game. Then he threw a damn dime pass for the win. It was a perfect throw. Like I said, frustrating.

That being said…

That is not how the QB market works…. It drives me crazy fans don't understand this.
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

I missed it, how long is Parsons going to be out?

Probably through the bye
FightinFarrier18
AG
gigem1223 said:

LostTexasBoy said:

gigem1223 said:

That being said…

That is not how the QB market works…. It drives me crazy fans don't understand this.
When Trevor Lawrence and Jalen Hurts got those contracts, Dak's price went up. Dak will be the highest paid guy until the next guy signs. Doubt he'll be in the top 5 in two years in terms of salary
94chem
Dallas gave away 5 of their 9 possessions and still won. Total yards 445-226.

1) Bad spot, no challenge, grounding.
2) fumble in red zone
3) int in red zone
4) blocked fg in red zone
5) int, lead to PIT TD.

Good news...this was an absolute mauling, even with key players out.

Bad news...11 penalties, more sloppiness, and no indication that things will change.

Good news....emergence of running game and receivers
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.