BAL @ DAL Game Thread

12,894 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by EastSideAg2002
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mavsfan4ever said:

I don't disagree. But when you pay dak 60 million a year you don't get to constantly say this in my opinion. He should win you some games even when other aspects aren't firing on all cylinders.

This is why I think Dak could have done himself a big favor by taking a "discount" and taking $50 million per year. At least then thee emails be the argument that he's giving the team a little bit of cash to spend, and maybe everyone wouldn't be so hard on him.

But I'll move on.

Lets be honest, it doesn't matter what Dak is paid. There are always 2 cowboys fans. Dak haters and Dak defenders. Just like with Romo…

Weird that we can't all just realize maybe it isn't the QB that's the problem.
FightinFarrier18
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I don't disagree. But when you pay dak 60 million a year you don't get to constantly say this in my opinion. He should win you some games even when other aspects aren't firing on all cylinders.

This is why I think Dak could have done himself a big favor by taking a "discount" and taking $50 million per year. At least then thee emails be the argument that he's giving the team a little bit of cash to spend, and maybe everyone wouldn't be so hard on him.

But I'll move on.
Why? What would Dallas have done with the extra cash? They don't sign free agents. The next 3 highest paid QBs are Jordan Love, Joe Burrow, and Trevor Lawrence at $55 mil, then Hurts, Lamar, and Herbert. There could be an argument that Burrow and Love are better than Dak, but I haven't been impressed with any of them this year. If Dallas wanted a better deal then they should've signed him last year before those guys got their deals. The QB market is what it is. Jerry's mismanagement of the roster is the problem
mavsfan4ever
AG
Whole team has problems. It's also weird that people can't admit that the qb is one of them. See the last 3 playoff games?
FightinFarrier18
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Whole team has problems. It's also weird that people can't admit that the qb is one of them. See the last 3 playoff games?
Have you seen the QB play this year? Even Mahomes needs help
mavsfan4ever
AG
Just saying Dak could have done himself a favor. He's welcome to take the highest deal but then he should expect all the scrutiny. The optics would be much better (he would be seen as a team guy, etc) if he took $50. But obviously doesn't have to.
FightinFarrier18
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Just saying Dak could have done himself a favor. He's welcome to take the highest deal but then he should expect all the scrutiny. The optics would be much better (he would be seen as a team guy, etc) if he took $50. But obviously doesn't have to.
the Cowboys have $65 million in cap space going into next year. His contract is not hindering the cowboys, Jerry letting our veteran playmakers walk is. Even if he did sign a team friendly deal he would get scrutiny because that's the nature of being QB for the Cowboys. I will agree that every single QB I named is overpaid, but that's just the nature of the game
roycoy82
Sad I'm posting. Sad y'all watched that game. I'd hit the fan portal. Jerry needs to go. Dak needs to go. Pretty much get rid of everybody.

- kid who loved watching the cowboys in the 90's
Danny Vermin
Fan portal? No way, dude. I'll die with them being my team. Thats one of the many problems with generations after gen x . No loyalty. I saw them win 3 superbowls as an adult. I waited a long time for my Rangers to win a World Series but it was worth it.
roycoy82
30 years Danny. 30 years.

Burn it down like 89. Start again.

Nope- pay some mid qb to roll it out. Pay a bunch of guys max amount to be mediocre.

I appreciate your loyalty. I'd just tune in again in about 10 years once Jerry dead and Stephen found something else to do.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Fan portal? No way, dude. I'll die with them being my team. Thats one of the many problems with generations after gen x . No loyalty. I saw them win 3 superbowls as an adult. I waited a long time for my Rangers to win a World Series but it was worth it.
I was born in 95, right before the last SB. Maybe I'm the problem
EastSideAg2002
roycoy82 said:

30 years Danny. 30 years.

Burn it down like 89. Start again.

Nope- pay some mid qb to roll it out. Pay a bunch of guys max amount to be mediocre.

I appreciate your loyalty. I'd just tune in again in about 10 years once Jerry dead and Stephen found something else to do.
Its only going to get worse when Stephen takes over. Hes a worse GM type and the players dont like him like they do Jerry.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.