*** Cowboys vs Browns ***

17,713 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by aggiebird02
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I already like him more than the gently scolding schoolteacher Olsen. He was okay and will get better.
AgBQ-00
AG
Looks.like we'll get that crew frequently. Will be fun to see how it progresses
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
jteagle
AG
I didn't think Brady did so bad. I would rather have him than someone that overanalyzes everything.
Rex Racer
AG
jteagle said:

I didn't think Brady did so bad. I would rather have him than someone that overanalyzes everything.

I'm still shocked they pay anyone that much money for color commentary when there are others who would do it better for less. But it is not my money, so don't really care.
BassCowboy33
They're paying for a name. Brady wasn't bad, but you could tell he was being very deliberate and careful with what he said, which gave his color a plodding pace. He also stepped on the pbp too much, and that's a rookie mistake. He will study it and get better.
Danny Vermin
Brady is not a complete rookie when it comes to analyzing. For the last few years of his football career he was the halftime analyst for Westwood radio if he wasn't playing. He will be fine.
Daveintx
I'll listen to him over Joe Buck any day
Logos Stick
jteagle said:

Had I not known Brady played in the NFL, I would not have concluded he did after listening to that broadcast. There was almost no analysis or insight. I thought it was terrible.
BassCowboy33
Logos Stick said:

jteagle said:

Had I not known Brady played in the NFL, I would not have concluded he did after listening to that broadcast. There was almost no analysis or insight. I thought it was terrible.
There seemed like moments when he wanted to, but then pulled back. A couple of plays come to mind where he pointed out alignment and what that meant, but both times he failed to finish the thought, almost as if someone was in his ear telling him to stop. A lot of people loved it when Romo would predict play after play, but there was also a VERY loud group who thought he was ruining the "surprise" of the game. Now, Romo provides almost zero analysis of any kind. The key is being able to explain complicated stuff in simple terms. That's why people loved Madden.

I wonder if the heads are trying to keep the analysis to a minimum. A similar dumbing down is happening play-by-play. PBP at the college level is becoming less about the game and more about how loud the guy can scream.
Infection_Ag11
AG
People actually said they didn't want Romo calling out plays because it ruined the "surprise" of a football play?

Holy **** that's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiebird02
Yup, pretty dang dumb…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.