***Week One Start/Sit/Waivers***

8,452 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Iraq2xVeteran
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texagbeliever said:

I don't think you will want to start burrow next week at KC. Now week 3 and 4 when he plays peewee teams Car & Was he is playable.

I just looked at spot start guys, it is not pretty. Geno plays NE, Carr plays Dal and Darnold plays SF. I doubt anyone is cutting a Trevor Lawrence or Goff this early in the season. Fields might be the play if he starts again
One of my teams lost Love for the next 3-4 weeks so I'm going to be scraping the barrel to try and get by there
Enviroag02
AG
Pretty disappointed in the Etienne/Bigsby usage with ETN as my RB1. Good thing I have Mixon, Dobbins, and Brian Robinson Jr.

Is ETN in trouble?
oh no
AG
I need CMC's leg to fall off in the first quarter
BowSowy
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Pretty disappointed in the Etienne/Bigsby usage with ETN as my RB1. Good thing I have Mixon, Dobbins, and Brian Robinson Jr.

Is ETN in trouble?
Etienne is not good. Look at his stretch after week 7 last year - pretty terrible save for a couple of games where a TD salvaged what was an otherwise average or bad week. I don't know what it is about that Jags offense, but they just never are as good as you expect them to be. I bought into it the past couple of years but decided to steer clear this year just because it's so frustrating.
W
AG
there was a good article on Yahoo before the season...about how Burrow is becoming captain checkdown

he has bought into the "take what the defense gives you" mantra

thus 164 yards on 29 attempts

and then throw in Chase and Higgins contract situations -- and things are messy in Cincy
MaroonStain
AG
After Week 1, I have weak WRs, 2 quality QBs (Richardson and Mayfield) and quality RBs.
texagbeliever
I'm curious for Marvin Harrison owners out there: what are some trades you'd accept for him right now?
investorAg83
AG
texagbeliever said:

I'm curious for Marvin Harrison owners out there: what are some trades you'd accept for him right now?

I'm hitting up every owner in each league to see….
oh no
AG
***way too early season projections***

here are the top FF performers (PPR) from week 1 (excl. 49ers/Jets MNF). Which might be good season projections and which are are likely anomalies?

QB:
Josh Allen: 31.18
Baker Mayfield: 29.66
Jayden Daniels: 28.16
Anthony Richardson: 27.08
Lamar Jackson: 25.12
Derek Carr: 21.30
Geno Smith: 18.84
CJ Stroud: 18.66

RB:
Saquon Barkley: 33.20
Joe Mixon: 26.80
De'Von Achane: 23.00
JK Dobbins: 22.90
Alvin Kamara: 22.00
Rhamondre Stevenson: 21.60
James Conner: 19.30
Ken Walker III: 18.90
Aaron Jones: 18.90
Jermoe Ford: 18.90
Tony Pollard: 18.40

WR:
Jayden Reed: 33.10
Cooper Kupp: 32.00
Tyeek Hill: 26.00
Jameson Williams: 24.40
Mike Evans: 23.10
AJ Brown: 22.90
Chris Godwin: 22.30
Stefon Diggs: 21.90
Alec Pierce: 21.50
Xavier Worthy: 20.80

TE:
Isaiah Likely: 26.10
Foster Moreau: 14.30
that's it; that's the list of TEs.

notable TOP 48 ppr ADP (1st 4 rounds in 12 team leagues) week 1 BUSTS:

#6 Amon-Ra St. Brown: 4.30
#7 Ja'Marr Chase: 12.20
#11 Jonathan Taylor: 10.80
#14 Puka Nacua: 8.20
#16 Marvin Harrison Jr: 1.40
#17 Travis Etienne: 11.90
#18 Derek Henry: 10.60
#20 Davante Adams: 10.90
#22 Travis Kelce: 6.40
#23 Drake London: 3.50
#24 Chris Olave: 3.10
#33 Sam LaPorta: 8.50
#36 Michael Pittman: 7.10
#41 DK Metcalf: 5.90
#45 DJ Moore: 10.00
#47 Mark Andrews: 3.40
#48 Trey McBride: 8.00
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
My fantasy football team is trailing 124.78 to 110.36. Because my opponent has no one playing tonight, I need Breece Hall to score at least 14.43 points to win.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Geno is an anomaly. Don't see him scrambling for a 30 yard TD every week.
Coachbro20
Great list for reference...thank you!
AustinCountyAg
I'm carrying a 4 point lead into tonights game with only both mine and my opponents kickers left to play. I need Zuerlein to have himself a game tonight!
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
So has anyone heard if Devon Achane and/or Raheem Mostert got hurt late yesterday. I thought it was very weird that Jeff Wilson got the all of the late game carries. Maybe something to keep an eye on and if he's on waivers Jaylon Wright may hold some value picking up.
Captain Hindsight, Hero of the Modern Age
mAgnoliAg
AG
Captain Hindsight 20/20 said:

So has anyone heard if Devon Achane and/or Raheem Mostert got hurt late yesterday. I thought it was very weird that Jeff Wilson got the all of the late game carries. Maybe something to keep an eye on and if he's on waivers Jaylon Wright may hold some value picking up.

Or none of them have any value because it's going to be a 4 way split
W
AG
seems like there have been a ton of 50-yarders kicked on opening weekend
EliteZags
AG
texagbeliever said:

I just offered Metcalf and Pollard, since I had the trio of Pollard Dobbins Rhamondre going off on my bench, with ETN Jacobs starting
Ag_07
AG
Don't like that.

That's selling LOW on Metcalf for an unknown in MHJ.
oh no
AG
Odunze getting an MRI on his knee... I hope he's not done-zo. I thought he'd be a good bench stash in both of my leagues until Caleb gets better with the offense and Keenan gets hurt again. ...but I've already filled up my IR spot and I'll need waiver help to manage through what early signs are telling me are some iffy draft decisions.

Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
oh no said:

Odunze getting an MRI on his knee... I hope he's not done-zo. I thought he'd be a good bench stash in both of my leagues until Caleb gets better with the offense and Keenan gets hurt again. ...but I've already filled up my IR spot and I'll need waiver help to manage through what early signs are telling me are some iffy draft decisions.

assuming his season isn't done I think Rome is a good buy low option. I think by seasons end he can bring a lot of value to one's roster.
Captain Hindsight 20/20
AG
I know this is more relevant for week two but that being said Dolphins play on Thursday so may be something to monitor
G.I.Bro
Jesus, CMC out. Gdit
G.I.Bro
I'm up 8 points, got Jets D, opponent has Garrett Wilson. Hopefully I can hold on
txagman1998
AG
Yup, and I have to eat crow on this one. I was not concerned this week, but other posters were concerned and were correct.
MooreTrucker
AG
G.I.Bro said:

Jesus, CMC out. Gdit

And thus ends my shot at winning this week
MooreTrucker
AG
Puka put on IR today, out until at least mid-October

gougler08
AG
txagman1998 said:

Yup, and I have to eat crow on this one. I was not concerned this week, but other posters were concerned and were correct.

I mean it was reported all week he would play so your thought wasn't off base
rhutton125
AG
Damn. Which 3rd teamer can I get to eke out 2 more points.
MooreTrucker
AG
gougler08 said:

txagman1998 said:

I mean it was reported all week he would play so your thought wasn't off base
Yeah, I have him in both of my leagues and the projections were high everywhere I looked. Just like Burrows.

I'm feeling much like I did following the ND game last week.
texagbeliever
Juan Jennings, Allen lazard and k. Jusceck.

Probably in that order. I don't know that I'd drop anyone for the Kyle dice roll though.
MooreTrucker
AG
Jordan Mason has been announced as the replacement
texagbeliever
Sorry yes jordan Mason. I just assumed he would have already been added in any league with semi active players.
oh no
AG
oh no said:

I need CMC's leg to fall off in the first quarter
rhutton125
AG
Oof
MooreTrucker
AG
texagbeliever said:

Sorry yes jordan Mason. I just assumed he would have already been added in any league with semi active players.
He's gone in one league but available in the other, but I have no place to put him. I guess this is what handcuffs are for. Never really understood that concept. It always seemed like a waste of a spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.