Who to Keep? 5 keeper league.

832 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Chipotlemonger
RooAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10 team non-ppr league, and we get to keep up to 5. Possible options below, followed by the round it will cost me for the player. I lost the championship last year, so I draft 9th in all rounds (not a snake).

Based off value to ADP, these seem like obvious keepers.
- Rachaad White (4th)
- Garrett Wilson (6th)
- Ken Walker III (7th)

My question really comes down to these three. Which 1-2 would you keep? Picking 2 would give 4 RB's in a league where you can play 3 RB's, but I would be able to play matchups and have bye weeks covered. Can focus on QB and WR's in the draft, giving me 1st and 2nd rd to get 2 top available WR's and QB in 5th.

- Josh Jacobs (3rd) - maybe a round early, but should be heavily utilized in GB. I could drop him and hope he comes back to me in the 3rd, but with top RB's being kept, I can see him being gone.
- D'Andre Swift (8th) - ADP of 7th
- David Montgomery (13th) - lots of value vs his ADP of 8th, but he splits time. As he would be the 4th back, maybe better to keep him in the 13th vs Swift in the 7th and use the Swift pick for something else.

Patrick Mahomes (1st) and Diontae Johnson (5th) don't seem to be good options at those rounds, so planning on dropping them.
ac04
montgomery needs to be one for sure
Chipotlemonger
AG
ac04 said:

montgomery needs to be one for sure
Almost every RB is in a split these days. I agree, take Montgomery here.
An L of an Ag
AG
Good lord, I can't even imagine that draft with the top 50 players off the board.
RooAg
AG
The top 50 aren't off the board. There is a limit on how many years you can keep players, trades can force you to drop players, etc... For example, McCaffrey, CeeDee, Justin Jefferson and AJ Brown are all available this year - all generally considered 1st round talent.

However, I just realized I also have DJ Moore as a 3rd round keeper as I forgot about him. So now my question becomes Josh Jacobs or DJ Moore as I can only have one 3rd rd keeper. If Montgomery should be kept, as well as Garrett W, KW III, and Rachaad W, I have to choose between a 2nd WR or a 4th RB, although the 4th RB in Jacobs would start over Montgomery.
ac04
keeping 4 RBs in a start 3 isn't a terrible idea. they get hurt. could keep them all and then hammer WR in the draft.
Chipotlemonger
AG
To get the best advice, you need to post your entire eligible to keep roster with rounds attached.
gigem1223
Regardless of round or pick, who would you keep amongst Barkley, Nacua, Taylor or Kelce?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Weird hypothetical, just keep the highest ranked player and use someone's rankings that you like. For me I would keep Saquon.
gigem1223
Yea it's a weird league I got roped into. I was stuck between JT and Barkley and pulled the trigger with JT.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's probably fine. It's just a coinflip and personal preference between those 2 of the 4.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.