******* Official Cowboys draft 2024 *******

92,284 Views | 1074 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by VP at Pierce and Pierce
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't watched or cared about a single thing cowboys this offseason (minus the first pick) and I'm not too excited about this regular season either.

I'd be more excited if we just blew the team up, fired McCarthy, let Dak and cee dee walk and rebuild
jr15aggie
AG
Considering we are still posting on the *Draft* thread because nobody bothered making an offseason thread is another clue that none of us care right now.

So, naturally, this will be the year they finally do something... the year that none of us were even paying attention.
ramblin_ag02
AG
jr15aggie said:

Considering we are still posting on the *Draft* thread because nobody bothered making an offseason thread is another clue that none of us care right now.

So, naturally, this will be the year they finally do something... the year that none of us were even paying attention.
I vote we use the draft thread for the entire regular season
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
AG
OK OK... enough of all this doom and gloom. Let me say something positive that I've heard.

Our LB'ers are flying around like mad men. Apparently Damone Clark in particular is flashing. It sounds like he just isn't a thinker... we had him out of position last year trying to make calls, etc. Zimmer has him in more of a "see ball, get ball" role and he's doing well. Sounds like Overshown is looking good as well (he looked amazing as a rookie IMO).

Micah is doing Micah things whenver he's back there and the rookie's name has been mentioned as doing some nice things.
Panama Red
AG
Parsons at +550 for Defensive Player of the Year. Book it.
All I do is Nguyen
I'd love to see it happen but if he putters out again like he has late in the season and playoff, if we're so lucky, then he won't win it.... again.
Danny Vermin
Lb and Tight End are our strengths.
Vince Blake

Depth chart heading into Sunday's preseason game. I wouldn't read too much into Guyton being listed as 2nd string. He's been sick for the past few days.

Curious to see Viliami Fehoko at DT. I thought he was too light for DT, but NFL.com has him listed as 283.

I actually feel good about this defense and the depth.
Tksymm7
AG
Fehoko is a 3 technique, and likely a major risk to make the team because he doesn't really fit in a spot, so I would bet they are going to give him a lot of snaps over the preseason. He's not big or powerful enough to really be a 3 technique, but not fast or explosive enough to be a Rush DE.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Cowboys are going to be desperate for pass rush depth in the season. They need to be making a move of they are serious about this season, which looking at their depth chart I am not sure they are. RB room is slow, DE and pass rusher is thin, OL is meh.
Tksymm7
AG
They are going to be extremely active post-cuts, especially on the d-line.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That can work for RB, but guys that can rush the passer are usually not hitting the scrap heap
VP at Pierce and Pierce
DannyDuberstein said:

That can work for RB, but guys that can rush the passer are usually not hitting the scrap heap

Agreed. Any good pass rusher isn't getting cut barring off the field issues. They are going to have to make a trade. Ideally Guyton can hold his own and they can trade the other guy for a DE/pass rusher, maybe package one of these TEs too
Tksymm7
AG
The Sam Williams injury is really going to kill this team. He was going to be counted on to play a lot in a more traditional DE roll that fit him better, and now he's done (and maybe done with the Cowboys) because of an injury.

I didn't hate our starting group or so of d lineman (although I fully believe we need another 3 technique), but I did think we were pretty thin up there, and now the Sam Williams injury is going to force Kneeland to be counted on to play even more significant snaps.
Danny Vermin
We have Sam for one more year after this one.

I've heard Kneeland has been awesome so I look forward to seeing him in preseason for myself.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They do have him for one more year, but the injury was a full ACL tear as well as a partial MCL. With the combo of twitch and power that edge position requires, it will be hard to count on a lot for 2025.
Southlake
Danny Vermin said:

I've heard Kneeland has been awesome so I look forward to seeing him in preseason for myself.
Are you surprised? Of course he is!!
Tksymm7
AG
Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Or did everyone expect him to be great lol?
Southlake
Tksymm7 said:

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Or did everyone expect him to be great lol?
Sarcasm.
gigem1223
Danny Vermin said:

We have Sam for one more year after this one.

Kneeland and Carson have apparently stood out as rookies in camp. Sham thinks Carson is at minimum this teams 4th corner. Had an int today in their scrimmage.
ac04
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jerry and Stephen's strategy when it comes to contract extensions boils down to this: arrogant stupidity.
ac04
they're ****ing morons. if they fumble ceedee i might be done with the whole thing.
PatAg
AG
Sell the team
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Maybe they think WR is the easiest position to get in the draft so they are going to move Lamb or maybe they are as incompetent as it seems

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.