NFL head coach hires..

2,325 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SilverTongueDevil
Lake08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So apparently the Panthers are now racist. If you hire white, you're a racist team. Please just stop
MookieBlaylock
AG
Well that thread title didn't match the post
Goldie Wilson
Yeah this certainly took a turn
Max Power
AG
I'm still surprised they didn't hire Wilks just because of how much better they played under him than Rhule, they had a real shot at winning the division after he took over. I understand the Reich hire, but I'm still a bit surprised.

Houston hire looking like Ryans, possible announcement in the next 48 hours.

Denver getting desperate, I think ownership flew to Ann Arbor this weekend to try and convince Harbaugh to take the job. If they can't convince him then back to the drawing board, possibly promote their DC who is a candidate for several jobs.

Indy might seriously be considering Saturday, even though that team only won 1 game under him and there's no real justification of the hire outside of him and Irsay being buddies.

Arizona...crickets. I'm not sure there's even a rumor out there right now about who might be their next coach.
Iowaggie
AG
Could definitely see Eric Bieniemy landing Arizona, or another HC position.
SilverTongueDevil
I would probably not hire a DC to be a head coach in today's NFL. Most all of the recent rookie head coaches having success are former OC's. S McDermott bring the exception.
DC hires recently have not worked out. Lovie Smith was a terrible hire. D Allen and T Bowles not much better. Jury still out on Staley and Saleh.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
ac
Now that the 49ers have been eliminated, look for the Texans to make an announcement involving DeMeco Ryans.
ac
canadiaggie
AG
SilverTongueDevil said:

I would probably not hire a DC to be a head coach in today's NFL. Most all of the recent rookie head coaches having success are former OC's. S McDermott bring the exception.
DC hires recently have not worked out. Lovie Smith was a terrible hire. D Allen and T Bowles not much better. Jury still out on Staley and Saleh.
Saleh is good but has a terrible QB situation. If they were to pick up Rodgers this offseason, they would be instant contenders IMO
. . .
Compensation: Denver's 2023 first-round pick and next year's second-round pick for Sean Payton and the Saints' 2024 third.

ac
It's now official. The Texans have hired DeMeco Ryans.

See "Houston Texans Houston Rockets Everything" on Facebook.
ac
45-70Ag
AG
Wow
Didn't see him going to Denver.
Broncos
WE'RE BACK!
ApachePilot
AG
Man the broncos have totally mortgaged their future. That's a ton of draft capital they have given up. Wilson's best days are behind him. His style of play is polar opposite of Brees. I see this failing. Russell has become a deva. He's bigger than the team. He's a cancer. The hawks saw it and tricked the broncos. Now the broncos doubled down on their mistake. I hope it works out cause if it doesn't this will set them back years.
TyHolden
AG
How much will it cost Jerrah to get Payton after next season? Any draft picks?
jokershady
AG
ApachePilot said:

Man the broncos have totally mortgaged their future. That's a ton of draft capital they have given up. Wilson's best days are behind him. His style of play is polar opposite of Brees. I see this failing. Russell has become a deva. He's bigger than the team. He's a cancer. The hawks saw it and tricked the broncos. Now the broncos doubled down on their mistake. I hope it works out cause if it doesn't this will set them back years.
and yet they'll still win a playoff game before houston does…..
W
AG
the Broncos have lost their minds.

in 2015 Payton & Wilson would have been a great pairing
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Denver Broncos were never going to have an easy way to salvage Russell Wilson. After the abject disaster in this past season, it would've likely been hard to find anyone willing to take on this mess of a project. There's an entirely feasible reality where no other hot coaching would've stuck their necks out for a past-his-prime veteran quarterback who might not be able to elevate a team anymore. In essence, Sean Payton was the only logical choice.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/01/sean-payton-broncos-hire-russell-wilson-future-risky-double-down
IrishAg
jokershady said:

ApachePilot said:

and yet they'll still win a playoff game before houston does…..
That's actually a bold prediction for a team that has a longer playoff win and appearance drought than Houston. Overall, the Broncos are in a much harder division, in a horrible cap position, and have no draft capital for the foreseeable future, so I don't see them doing anything even with Payton. In fact, the Broncos remind me of Houston going into the BoB GM year, mortgaging their near and long term future on the hope that the QB they have will get them over the hump.
SilverTongueDevil
TyHolden said:

How much will it cost Jerrah to get Payton after next season? Any draft picks?

If Dallas could have gotten Payton it would have been now. McCarthy has done a good job the past 2 years and not deserving of a firing. But if Payton could have been had McCarthy would be out.
SilverTongueDevil
ac said:

It's now official. The Texans have hired DeMeco Ryans.

See "Houston Texans Houston Rockets Everything" on Facebook.

Ryans as head coach probably not a great hire but should be good for their defense. Now go out and get a dynamic OC. Draft QB, WR, RB TE. Get Metchie back and turn the corner.

But it's the Texans and they will probably draft a DT with their first pick.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.