*** Cowboys - 49ers ***

66,036 Views | 1588 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fc2112
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People will continue to overhype Prescott, I'm sure, but he's just not it. I think we've seen as far as he can take a team. The Cooper argument is weak, too. He was a part of the team last year, was he not? Prescott couldn't / didn't get him the ball. He moves on to another team and that QB has zero trouble throwing the ball to him (1,000 + yard season).
kyledr04
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Worst plays of the game

Dak INT #1
Dak INT #2
Diggs dropped INT
Wilson tackling the TE on what would have been a sack on 3rd down
Turpin cutting into the freaking kicker instead of outside and scoring a TD

Change any 2 of those plays and we win this game. SF was not more talented than us. For some reason the Cowboys' IQ drops by half in the playoffs for the last 25 years. Every year we find some random way to lose that I've never seen before. This year had all the above, plus a defense lineman called for holding on a run play and 2 Schultz bonehead plays

This is exactly right, they found every opportunity to choke. Same old crap.
wangus12
AG
kyledr04 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Worst plays of the game

Dak INT #1
Dak INT #2
Diggs dropped INT

Change any 2 of those plays and we win this game. SF was not more talented than us. For some reason the Cowboys' IQ drops by half in the playoffs for the last 25 years. Every year we find some random way to lose that I've never seen before. This year had all the above, plus a defense lineman called for holding on a run play and 2 Schultz bonehead plays

Because the team is cursed. 30 years and every playoff game has felt like this. Always 1 or 2 plays away. Surely it would bounce your way at least one time, but nope.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was outstanding to watch the San Francisco 49ers defeat the Dallas Cowboys 19-12 in the NFC Divisional Round to reach the NFC Championship Game for the 2nd straight year and 3rd time in 4 years. With this win, the 49ers extended several winning streaks:

1. The 49ers have won 12 consecutive games, including 8 at home.

2. 49ers rookie quarterback Brock Purdy, the 262nd and last player selected in the 2022 NFL draft, improved to 7-0 as starter, including 2-0 in the playoffs.

3. 6th year head coach Kyle Shanahan has improved to 6-2 in the playoffs, including 4-0 at home.

4. The 49ers eliminated the Cowboys from the playoffs for the 2nd straight year and improved to 4-5 in playoff games against the Cowboys.

5. The 49ers snapped a 4-game home losing streak to the Cowboys by beating the Cowboys at home for the first time since a 17-10 win on 11/2/97 and in a home playoff game for the first time since a 38-28 win in the 1994 NFC Championship Game on 1/15/95.

6. The 49ers ended the Cowboys' quest for a 6th Super Bowl Championship and extended their NFC Championship Game appearance drought to 27 years.
rsf0626
This game was lost when Tony pollard left the game.

The cowboys offense only has 2 true explosive players (TP and CD). When TP got hurt, it was CD or bust since Zeke and Michael Gallup are shells of their former selves
rsf0626
94chem
It's Tom LANDRY, YOU IDIOTS!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Don't forget the clock mismanagement at the end of the first half. Dallas completed a play at 3:20, and should have run the play clock down to 2:40 before snapping the ball. They went early, and ended up having to run another play before the 2 minute warning. It saved SF 40 seconds or a TO. Then they go empty on second and 2 and throw the INT. But SF doesn't score if the time had run down further. IDK how you go empty on 2nd and 2 in the red zone. Just mind-blowing.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
NorCal
94chem said:

It's Tom LANDRY, YOU IDIOTS!

Oops! Sorry.

I used to play at Bob Lily's house every day after school before moving to the Bay. I should have known better.
Kashchei
AG
wangus12 said:

kyledr04 said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Worst plays of the game

Dak INT #1
Dak INT #2
Diggs dropped INT

Because the team is cursed. 30 years and every playoff game has felt like this. Always 1 or 2 plays away. Surely it would bounce your way at least one time, but nope.

It just gets old. The fourth quarter was like watching a car crash in slow motion. You know it's coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Year after year after year...
diehard03
Quote:

You know it's coming and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Year after year after year...

This is just the McCarthy effect. Everyone knew it was coming...you were just waiting to see exactly how he was going to do it this year.
wangus12
AG
Nah it's the Cowboys. They were doing this well before McCarthy came here
diehard03
its like they were made for each other
AustinCountyAg
ramblin_ag02 said:

Worst plays of the game

Dak INT #1
Dak INT #2
Diggs dropped INT

lol
fc2112
In the long run, does it matter? They were gonna get curb stomped next week anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.