I HATE 2020s football

1,174 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dixichkn
Jarrin' Jay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This could just as easily be posted in the aTm football board but the prime example is from the MNF DEN-SEA game.

Denver deserved to lose. How the F do you snap the ball INSIDE THE 1 F'ING YARD LINE on a 3rd down and a separate 4th down and not score? Because you are in the f'ing shotgun formation and the RB is slowly going sideways when he gets the ball. This also happened in the cow - Bama game when Saban chose to forego a FG to stretch the lead to 4 points and Bama failed on a 4th and less than 1 to ice the game, again, shotgun formation. Jimbo is not immune to this either, particularly in 2021 and so far in 2022, where is the offense from 2018 and 2020?

I understand the new style offense based on metrics and data, spread concepts, etc. but WTF at some point actual football needs to be played and you need to get under center with an I formation or TEs and a RB and try to get the 1 yard by going forward the shortest distance.

We suffered through this with Sumlin where one time we had the ball on our OWN 1 yard line and we lined up in the shotgun in our own endzone. Ridiculous.

I know it's old man yelling at clouds, get off my lawn, etc. but it is just maddening.
oh no
AG
It's alright Jay. It's not just the 2020s. The Broncos have been finding ways to lose games for decades.

txagman1998
AG
Yup, analytics and the move to the spread offense have taken away the traditional, Daryl Johnston-style fullback, which is essential in short yardage situations. Most teams don't have this style of player on the roster anymore.

I will say for all of the Cowboys nonsense over the years, last year they used McGovern as a fullback in short yardage. I thought it was a brilliant way to utilize a backup guard in the offense in a role you need but don't carry on the roster. Other teams would be smart to copy that idea.
MarathonAg12

Coog97
txagman1998 said:

Yup, analytics and the move to the spread offense have taken away the traditional, Daryl Johnston-style fullback, which is essential in short yardage situations. Most teams don't have this style of player on the roster anymore.

I will say for all of the Cowboys nonsense over the years, last year they used McGovern as a fullback in short yardage. I thought it was a brilliant way to utilize a backup guard in the offense in a role you need but don't carry on the roster. Other teams would be smart to copy that idea.
I was shocked and delighted to see the Texans run a couple of times out of the I-formation yesterday. Alas, they didn't do it well... but at least they tried it!
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Iowaggie
AG
I remember in the early 80s my dad telling me he hated players dancing and celebrating after every touchdown.

Guys should just be more like Roger Staubach and hand the ball to the official. (NO, my dad did not sell propane)

annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
dixichkn
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.