2022 Ongoing Fantasy Trade Thread

12,254 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by texagbeliever
Zachary Klement
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am wondering if an ongoing trade thread would be worthwhile or not. I know guys like to start their own, but maybe this will stick and consolidate some info if people want to stick around here.

If you post a trade, post your scoring format and roster setup so that people can offer better advice.

Std/PPR/2QB/1/2PPR
Roster Spots: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, R/W/T, K, DEF
(also 10/12 man league for reference)
Dynasty (Y/N)

I was just offered Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt for Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, and Brandon Aiyuk

I play in a 10-man, .5 PPR league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, FLEX, TE, D/ST, and K.

My roster is:
QB: Dak
RB: D'Andre Swift, Saquon, Darrell Henderson, Tyler Allgeier, Rachaad White
WR: Justin Jefferson, Mike Evans, Courtland Sutton, Allen Robinson, Elijah Moore, Christian Kirk, Brandon Aiyuk
TE: Pat Friermuth
D/ST: Colts
K: Empty right now

I feel like I have the depth at WR to handle moving those guys...Skyy Moore, Jahan Dotson, Jalen Tolbert, and a handful of other upside guys are out there on waivers as well to rebuild some WR depth. Is the RB upgrade worth it?
texagbeliever
Might be helpful to include the basics in a trade post:

Std/PPR/2QB/.5PPR
Roster Spots: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, R/W/T, K, DEF
Dynasty (Y/N)
10/12 man league for reference

If this is a PPR league it is tougher to call. Assuming it is a 3 WR plus Flex standard I'd do the trade.

Robinson/Moore aren't as big of a drop off to Sutton/DK relative to the upgrade Chubb/Hunt would be to Henderson.
Zachary Klement
AG
Good call! I added that recommendation in the OP and adjusted to reflect my league settings!
Zachary Klement
AG
.5 PPR, 2 WR, 1 FLEX. I feel like that makes it more attractive than in a 3 WR league.
texagbeliever
The settings would lean me more to yes. At some point one of Chubb/Hunt have to get hurt leaving the healthy one as a top RB. With Saquon I think having a solid RB3 on your roster is more important for your team depth than a solid WR3 (with Robinson and Moore as decent plays).
Zachary Klement
AG
Thanks! I'm doing it.
txagman1998
AG
One very minor thing to consider is that Chubb/Hunt and Barkley all have a Bye Week in Week 9. Shouldn't really be a problem for your trade, you just have to be aware that week you will need to start one of your depth players at RB or find a waiver wire pickup.
Zachary Klement
AG
Funny enough, I play the guy I just did the trade with that week. I also have Dak and Pat Friermuth on bye. He will have Russ, Sutton, Zeke, Kittle, Pollard, and Albert O on bye. Should be interesting!
Zachary Klement
AG
I was just offered Kyle Pitts and AJ Dillon for Saquon Barkley

It is in a 10-man league, .5 PPR, we start 2RB/2WR/1FLEX
RBs: Swift, Barkley, Chubb, Hunt, Allgeier, Kyren Williams, Gus Edwards
WRs: JJ, Mike Evans, ARob, Eli Moore, Aiyuk, Christian Kirk
TE: Friermuth
IrishAg
Zachary Klement said:

I was just offered Kyle Pitts and AJ Dillon for Saquon Barkley

It is in a 10-man league, .5 PPR, we start 2RB/2WR/1FLEX
RBs: Swift, Barkley, Chubb, Hunt, Allgeier, Kyren Williams, Gus Edwards
WRs: JJ, Mike Evans, ARob, Eli Moore, Aiyuk, Christian Kirk
I think I would lean on taking that. If you look at the past 5 or 6 years with the Packers, they're is a trend with RBs and migrating to the younger one. If they follow that, there's probably a big transition of AJ Dillion moving to the primary back role and Jones moving to a reserve/3rd down back, just like they did with Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams. If that is correct, then this is a steal, if it isn't then you're probably on the down side if Barkley stays healthy. But, with that said, Brian Daboll isn't known to use a feature back, so who knows what kind of stats Barkley will get this year.

Outside of that, Pitts is gonna get a **** ton of targets, mainly because, they only have him and London as weapons in the passing game.
W
AG
I would hold onto Saquon and give the Giants offense a chance for a few games.

good move accepting the prior trade. At this point it looks like Kupp is the only piece of the Rams offense that is an every week start
Zachary Klement
AG
W said:

I would hold onto Saquon and give the Giants offense a chance for a few games.

good move accepting the prior trade. At this point it looks like Kupp is the only piece of the Rams offense that is an every week start
I am trying to talk him into doing Chubb instead of Barkley, but he isn't going for it...I think Saquon is going to be great this year and that is my big hang-up.

I really want to upgrade my QB or TE slot.
Zachary Klement
AG
Daboll definitely did not have a back like Saquon in Buffalo, so I am not worried about his usage, but I think you are right about the Dillon-Jones split and think they both end up being close to top-15 backs this year. I really want to do the swap for Chubb rather than Saquon since Chubb is splitting time, like Dillon.
texagbeliever
Have you tried throwing in hunt with chub? Maybe also a WR swap with you giving up a slightly better WR.
Zachary Klement
AG
I haven't yet. I like the idea of holding onto him just in case, but I am not totally opposed to it.
Zachary Klement
AG
Same as above.

Someone inquired about Saquon. He's talking about offering DJ Moore, Kyle Pitts, and AJ Dillon…is this a smash? I feel hesitant still…
texagbeliever
Zachary Klement said:

Same as above.

Someone inquired about Saquon. He's talking about offering DJ Moore, Kyle Pitts, and AJ Dillon…is this a smash? I feel hesitant still…
How does this make your team better?

2 RBs: Saquon + Swift
2 WRs: Kirk + Evans
FLEX: Hunt/Chubb

After the trade

2 RBs: Swift + AJ Dillion
TE: Pitts

I think I'd take the top team every week. Hopefully with a 10 team league you can find a better QB than Dak
Zachary Klement
AG
texagbeliever said:

Zachary Klement said:

Same as above.

How does this make your team better?

2 RBs: Saquon + Swift

After the trade

2 RBs: Swift + AJ Dillion
TE: Pitts

I think I'd take the top team every week. Hopefully with a 10 team league you can find a better QB than Dak
Yeah I'm thinking it's a no-go. I still think Pitts is going to be a stud, but it doesn't feel like the right deal. I want to hold Swift, Barkley, and JJ no matter what.
texagbeliever
I was thinking JJ was Julio Jones but makes way more sense if Justin Jefferson. Then firm no.
AggieNiebs
AG
So a guy in my 10team league has both Mahomes and Allen (drafted in the 2nd and 4th rds respectively....).
needless to say, he is pretty poor at other positions, WR in particular.

I have at WR: Dionte Johnson, Sutton, JuJu, Metcalf, and Claypool
at RB: JT, Conner, Dobbins, Penny, and Damien Harris

do I have anything to offer for Allen?
Zachary Klement
AG
AggieNiebs said:

So a guy in my 10team league has both Mahomes and Allen (drafted in the 2nd and 4th rds respectively....).

Mahomes will cost you less so I'd go for him personally.

I would honestly just try to throw JuJu or Damien Harris at Mahoems straight up and see if something works there...I would not give anything more for a QB outright...if he doesn't go for that, get other players on his team involved and go for a bigger move.
hurleyag
AG
I'm in desperate need of a serviceable RB. What would be a comparable trade for either Julio or MVS?
texagbeliever
Wavier wire to try to get Jeff Wilson (1), Jamaal Williams (2) TD stealer, Jayden Warren (3) keep an eye on Najee Harris. Rex Burkhead and Damien Hillard to stash.

Damien Harris/Mossert/Pollard I'm not sure you can get much more for Julio. Maybe go for Etienne?
AggieNiebs
AG
Zachary Klement said:

AggieNiebs said:

Mahomes will cost you less so I'd go for him personally.

I would honestly just try to throw JuJu or Damien Harris at Mahoems straight up and see if something works there...I would not give anything more for a QB outright...if he doesn't go for that, get other players on his team involved and go for a bigger move.
i would normally agree that Mahomes would be cheaper, but the guy drafted Mahomes in the 2nd and started in Wk 1, so I believe him to be a bit more committed to him. But thanks for the advice, I'll try to make an offer.
oh no
AG
I may be out of the woods temporarily with Najee's injury, but my RB sitch is not good. I noticed someone in my league lost Keenan Allen and Chris Godwin for a while so I was thinking of offering a start-able WR (Bateman?) for a RB currently on his bench that I could start if Najee does miss time (Josh Jacobs). Otherwise, I have a waiver claim for JWJ, but I'm #3 priority - not sure I'll get him.

Agzonfire
So, I made a trade...
I get:
C. McCaffrey
D. Carr

I give:
Hurts
Lazard
Saquon

I will be going to streaming QB, I picked up Wentz already so I've got him and Carr right now. My thought was to move Saquon while he is healthy and RB1 overall.
texagbeliever
Im not crazy about this trade. Think you maybe should have gone CeeDee lamb or Hill type WR plus AJ Dillon level RB. I see CMC just as much an injury risk as Saquon. (I think you can use CMC to do just that too)
Zachary Klement
AG
I would not do this.
oh no
AG
Agzonfire said:

My thought was to move Saquon while he is healthy and RB1 overall.
My thought is Saquon is more likely to stay healthy and be RB#1 overall at year-end than CMC. NYG upgrades on OL and changes in coaching staff have me really high on Saquon and there aren't many possible deals out there that could get me to part ways with Saquon right now.
Agzonfire
oh no said:

Agzonfire said:

My thought was to move Saquon while he is healthy and RB1 overall.
My thought is Saquon is more likely to stay healthy and be RB#1 overall at year-end than CMC. NYG upgrades on OL and changes in coaching staff have me really high on Saquon and there aren't many possible deals out there that could get me to part ways with Saquon right now.

Fair enough. I think I just couldn't pass up the thought of having CMC and Kupp dominate all year. Fantasy should still be fun, right?? And I've been burned by Saquon so many times...
I appreciate the comments and everyone's thoughts.
aggieactor01
AG
I was offered Mecole Hardman for Devin Singletary

I play in a 10-man, .5 PPR league. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX, TE, D/ST, and K.

My roster is:
QB: Matthew Stafford, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Christian McCaffery, Alvin Kamara, Miles Sanders, JK Dobbins, Devin Singletary
WR: Tee Higgins, Jaylen Waddle, Brandin Cooks, Darnell Mooney, Tyler Lockett, Treylon Burks, Isaiah Mckenzie
TE: Mark Andrews, Albert Okwuegbunam
D/ST: Steelers
K: Brandon McManus
Zachary Klement
AG
I would stick with Singletary.
oh no
AG
I don't think you need Mecole. How badly does the other guy need Singletary? because that deal might only help one of your future opponents.
aggieactor01
AG
I can't tell how much he really needs Singletary. He's got Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams, Darrell Henderson Jr, James Cook, Isiah Pacheco, Chris Evans, and Zack Moss.

Seems like Singletary is better than his bench but not his top 3.
oh no
AG
well, regardless, I can't see you needing to start Mecole at any point this season. That offense has to feed Kelce, JuJu, MVS, CEH, etc. and Mecole didn't run many deep routes in week 1- only got quick bubbles for his three receptions last week. Your trade partner is trying to sell way too high because Mecole scored a TD in week 1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.