Keeper Recommendation

2,169 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GCP12 said:

PPR? What pick do you have?

If you have a late pick and it's ppr, I'd go with CMC and Etienne

Good questions, definitely PPR and pick order dependent.
YourMyBoyBlue
I've got pick 6 and it's PPR.

I was leaning J.K. / Etienne and rolling the dice on CMC still being there at my first pick.

Really I'm just worried about CMCs durability. He has spent a lot of time on my bench the last 2 years.
ac04
do not plan on CMC being there at 6. especially in a keeper league. he will most likely go 1.01 if you don't keep him.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ac04 said:

do not plan on CMC being there at 6. especially in a keeper league. he will most likely go 1.01 if you don't keep him.

Fine by me. Give me Mixon or Kamara over CMC there anyways.
Goose06
AG
So my keepers are Fournette (7th round), Waddle (9th round) and Justin Jefferson (last round). Last season I traded away some players for better draft position and keepers this year so I have an extra 4th round pick and 7th round pick. Also, my league does a non-snake draft. So I draft 2nd in every round. I say all of that to say after doing 1 mock draft I am realizing I can probably take some risk and still get a good bench in case of injury. I will have 4 of these 5 RB's on the board as options, who should I take (ppr league)?

1. Ekeler
2. CMC
3. Cook
4. Kamara
5. Henry

I know CMC is a risk, but he also has some damn high upside. I probably won't take Henry. This is the deepest the 1st round has been in this keeper league since it started.
ac04
i would take CMC
Chipotlemonger
AG
PPR I am assuming.

1. Ekeler
2. CMC
3. Cook
4. Kamara
5. Henry

I would go in this order:

Henry, Ekeler, Kamara, CMC, Cook
Carlo4
AG
no PPR, but will be 0.5 next year. We can only carry keepers for two years. Keepers are required and technically take away your first round pick.

I only have three real options but narrowed to two.

Kamara (last year to keep him, so no PPR decision)
Fournette
A. Jones

Because of potential Kamara suspension, I'm leaning towards Fournette. Saw ESPN literally has them as a tie in our format, and they were a tie last year.

Overthinking and keep Kamara or go with the more sure thing in terms of playing time?

Chipotlemonger
AG
How deep is the league? Are all players eligible to Keep? Do you know your draft position? Might as well keep Kamara in my opinion. You may be able to get Lenny still, or visa versa depending on draft position and who everyone else keeps.
Carlo4
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

How deep is the league? Are all players eligible to Keep? Do you know your draft position? Might as well keep Kamara in my opinion. You may be able to get Lenny still, or visa versa depending on draft position and who everyone else keeps.

10 team
Pick 5th… so 15

Possible Fournette would be there as he is ranked 15th overall in our style. Kamara is 14th. Sounds like I can still get both if Kamara is the keeper.

Anyone can be a keeper but it defaults to your first pick. Had Hopkins as top WR and won't keep him. Same with Lamar Jackson at QB.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Keep Kamara, see what happens at 5 and maybe you nab Fournette there.
AgBrother
Can only keep guys drafted 5th round or later from the prior year - you sacrifice a pick 2 rounds higher than picked in the prior year - choices are as a follows -

Mike Williams - 8th Round Pick
Cam Akers - 12th Round Pick
Dalton Schultz - 12th Round Pick
Ags #1
AG
I like schultz
boy09
AG
It's gotta be Akers. He's a 3rd rounder by ADP.
AgBrother
Sorry should say I can keep 2 of the 3 - yea as far as ADP - both Williams and Akers are a lot higher than Schultz
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'd probably go Williams and Akers. So they would be your round 6 and 10 guys, respectively?
ac04
akers
AgBrother
They would actually be in the rounds listed so 8 & 12. Thanks for the feedback.
Chipotlemonger
AG
AgBrother said:

They would actually be in the rounds listed so 8 & 12. Thanks for the feedback.

For sure keep them 2 then.
Goose06
AG
CMC went 1st so I didn't have the temptation to take him. Ended up with this squad:

Qb: Mahomes
RB: Ekeler, Fournette, Conner, Dobbins, Breece Hall, K Hunt
Wr: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Waddle, Metkalf
TE: Goedert, Ertz
amercer
AG
Since this is the keeper thread…

10 team half PPR, can keep two players for your 3rd and 4th round picks. Can't be 1st or 2nd rounders from the year before or your keepers from the year before.

TLDR summary: is there any circumstance where it makes sense to keep Mahomes for my 4th round pick instead of Mike Evans? (Pick #46)

I'm keeping Ja'Marr Chase for my 3rd round pick. Currently other keepers in my league:

Josh Allen
Deebo
Justin Herbert
Cooper Kupp
Fournette
Mark Andrews
D'Andre Swift
Cee Dee Lamb

I'm usually a wait and draft QBs guy, but the sheet said to take Mahomes in the 3rd round last year and it was nice never having to think about who to start. Just missed having the most points in the league, but of course was bounced in the first round of the playoffs because fantasy is fickle.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm a 10 teamer go for Evans over Mahomes IMO.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.