Keeper Recommendation

2,132 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
TX_Aggie37
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My best keeper options are Justin Herbert in the 8th round or Michael Pittman Jr in the 11th.

10-team, half PPR. Standard QB scoring and standard roster configuration. No QB premium or anything. Gut says just keep Herbert and have some security at QB, but there is a pretty good bit of value on Pittman there. Thoughts?
Ags #1
AG
I think hebert
W
AG
keep Herbert.

Pittman should still be available in the 5th round in a 10-team league. Maybe even the 6th if there is a run on QB or TE
ac04
i would keep pittman. very similar ADPs so the extra three rounds of value breaks the tie. plenty of good QBs to go around in a 10 teamer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ac04 said:

i would keep pittman. very similar ADPs so the extra three rounds of value breaks the tie. plenty of good QBs to go around in a 10 teamer.

Yep. Easier to find a good QB in a 10 team single QB league than a starting contributor at WR.
Goose06
AG
I hope you don't mind but I am going to piggy back on your thread instead of starting a new one...

I get 3 keepers, kept in the round they were previously drafted. PPR scoring, 10 team league. I draft 2nd and I know I will have a shot at getting either Derrick Henry or Christian Mccaffery as they can not be kept this season.

My #1 keeper: Justin Jefferson in the 15th round

Now I need to pick 2 of the following guys:

• Jaylen Waddle - 9th round keeper - WR16 / #37 overall per Fantasy Pros. Biggest concern is Tyreek Hill stealing all his targets
  • Travis Etienne - 10th round keeper - RB18 / #38 overall per Fantasy Pros. Recovering from ACL. Backfield mate James Robinson recovering from achilles but likely to be back pretty early in the season.
  • Fournette - 7th round keeper - RB11 / #18 overall per Fantasy Pros. Clear cut #1 back in Tampa with a new contract
  • James Conner - 6th round keeper - RB15 / #31 overall per Fantasy Pros. Clear cut #1 back in Arizona (Edmonds in Miami now).
  • Cordarrelle Patterson - 14th round keeper - RB34 / #83 overall per Fantasy Pros. #1 back in Atlanta and Mike Davis is gone but this team is gonna be bad, real bad.

Anyone have a different ranking versus the order I have laid those out?
Goose06
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

My best keeper options are Justin Herbert in the 8th round or Michael Pittman Jr in the 11th.

10-team, half PPR. Standard QB scoring and standard roster configuration. No QB premium or anything. Gut says just keep Herbert and have some security at QB, but there is a pretty good bit of value on Pittman there. Thoughts?
Thats pretty good value for both, but particularly Pittman. I would keep Pittman.
W
AG
looking at the list...

I like keeping Waddle. His game fits Tua's game. I'm concerned about drafting Tyreek too high (similar to A.J. Brown), because the QB can't get him the ball down the field.

then it's either Fournette or Conner --- they play on teams that are going to score.a bunch.

not the case with the Jags and Falcons. Same issue with drafting Saquon too high. The Giants just don't score a lot of points
Ags #1
AG
I like waddle or etienne
Ags #1
AG
I got a keeper queation as well

Mike evans 5th
Bramdon cooks 7th
Devante smith 11th
Chipotlemonger
AG
None of the above an option?

Do you know where in the draft you are if it's a snake? Also, how big is the league.

I wouldn't mind Evans but I feel like you can probably get him in the 5th range. Just depends on what you want to do with the rest of your top picks.

Skip Cooks.

Smith in 11 is interesting, but I really worry about Hurts and that arm and offense as a whole.

My rank:
1. Keep none - I think I'd like to see how these 3 fall in the draft and I don't see any huge value with these rounds/players
2. Keep Evans if 12 or deeper league
3. Smith if you feel like he's a player you would target normally in the draft.
Ags #1
AG
Its a 10 teamer and everyone is allowed to keep
One guy from the previous year. And yep none is an option
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'd keep none then, especially if you don't know draft order. Evans at 41 is way different than 50.
Ags #1
AG
Sorry yeah, i pick second and traditional snake style
Chipotlemonger
AG
So that makes the keeper 42 right for Evans? I'd pass in that shallow of a league.
Goose06
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

So that makes the keeper 42 right for Evans? I'd pass in that shallow of a league.

Mike evans is a hell of a steal at 42, why would you pass?
ac04
evans in the 5th. no doubt. gronk gone, AB gone, godwin returning from ACL and MCL. evans could lead the league in targets and they're coming from brady.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I agree he's fine at 42, to me it's a push. I am of the mindset that unless you're really attached to him, I'd rather see how the draft falls for the first handful of rounds. Heck, you may even get to pick 42 and be able to grab him. But you could also get to pick 42, the other teams might be hitting RB hard, then you're staring down the barrel at a rough RB room with your next pick at 59.

I think Evans has been solid with Brady, but even with the other absences I don't see him doing more than he has already done with Brady. Tom will still keep some other mouths fed.

Could be wrong though! That's just my opinion.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Looking at ADP just now, I'm a little lower on him than current consensus.

With pick 2 you either go Kupp or one of the RBs in PPR. 19/22 I would go RB/WR probably. If you want to go by consensus then I would keep Evans at 42. ADP is 27 but I have him in my head closer to 40.
Chipotlemonger
AG
More I'm thinking about it, Evans at 5th round is good.

I hadn't seriously looked at that yesterday on my initial impression. I think I'm letting the "we know what we're going to get" factor skew my view negatively.
Goose06
AG
In a keeper league ADP is gonna be even higher cause your gonna have players ranked above ADP 27 going in later rounds due to keeper rules. He's probably gonna go in the 2nd round in most keeper league drafts where he is not kept.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great point, didn't even think of the keeper landscape and what other people are keeping.
Ags #1
AG
Thanks gents
Goose06
AG
Goose06 said:

I hope you don't mind but I am going to piggy back on your thread instead of starting a new one...

I get 3 keepers, kept in the round they were previously drafted. PPR scoring, 10 team league. I draft 2nd and I know I will have a shot at getting either Derrick Henry or Christian Mccaffery as they can not be kept this season.

My #1 keeper: Justin Jefferson in the 15th round

Now I need to pick 2 of the following guys:

• Jaylen Waddle - 9th round keeper - WR16 / #37 overall per Fantasy Pros. Biggest concern is Tyreek Hill stealing all his targets
  • Travis Etienne - 10th round keeper - RB18 / #38 overall per Fantasy Pros. Recovering from ACL. Backfield mate James Robinson recovering from achilles but likely to be back pretty early in the season.
  • Fournette - 7th round keeper - RB11 / #18 overall per Fantasy Pros. Clear cut #1 back in Tampa with a new contract
  • James Conner - 6th round keeper - RB15 / #31 overall per Fantasy Pros. Clear cut #1 back in Arizona (Edmonds in Miami now).
  • Cordarrelle Patterson - 14th round keeper - RB34 / #83 overall per Fantasy Pros. #1 back in Atlanta and Mike Davis is gone but this team is gonna be bad, real bad.

Anyone have a different ranking versus the order I have laid those out?
I am leaning this way right now, anyone strongly disagree?

1. Justin Jefferson in the 15th round
2. Jaylen Waddle in the 9th round
3. Leonard Fournette - 7th round

Then I will draft either Derrick Henry or CMac most likely in the first round.
Ags #1
AG
That looks good imo
Chipotlemonger
AG
Looks good but I would NOT draft CMAC 2nd. Is Taylor being kept (I am assuming so, based on draft position from last year to this year)?

Goose06
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Looks good but I would NOT draft CMAC 2nd. Is Taylor being kept (I am assuming so, based on draft position from last year to this year)?

I am sure Taylor will be kept. Ekeler will be available. Dalvin Cook may be available, that owner hasn't posted his keepers but if he kept Cook he'd be drafting him with the 6th pick overall so I am guessing he does not get kept.
Chipotlemonger
AG
PPR league?

I would take Henry, Ekeler, Cook, and Kamara over CMC.

Non-PPR the list is even longer.
Goose06
AG
It is PPR. I doubt Kamara is available. Current owner kept him last year as a first rounder and has pick 10 so will likely keep him again.

I know CMAC has had 2 straight seasons where injuries cut him short, but it seems most people have him rated above Ekeler, Cook and even Kamara and Henry. Curious why everyone here is so anti CMAC? Just wanting to confirm its injury concerns and not anything else.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Goose06 said:

It is PPR. I doubt Kamara is available. Current owner kept him last year as a first rounder and has pick 10 so will likely keep him again.

I know CMAC has had 2 straight seasons where injuries cut him short, but it seems most people have him rated above Ekeler, Cook and even Kamara and Henry. Curious why everyone here is so anti CMAC? Just wanting to confirm its injury concerns and not anything else.
Not anti-CMC. Anti-CMC at Pick 2 (unless the league keepers dictate otherwise).

Knowing the full list of keepers would help. I'd go Kupp before CMC. I just don't personally have CMC at the #2 RB and #2 overall position in the draft. More like #5 RB at best right now. And yes, most of that is the injury concern.
Goose06
AG
I'm sure Kupp will be kept. Most top players are kept every year so the first round isn't loaded like a normal redraft league. I've listed the guys I think will be there. I pick 2nd and here are the guys who are top ~15 type guys who will be available at the beginning of the draft:

1 Henry
2. CMC
3. Cook (maybe)
4. Ekeler
5. Kelce
6. Maybe davante adams?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Goose06 said:

1 Henry
2. CMC
3. Cook (maybe)
4. Ekeler
5. Kelce
6. Maybe davante adams?

I crossed out the bottom 3 there for me. I would go:

1. Henry
2. Ekeler
3. Cook

MUCH safer picks than CMC. To me, the potential CMC reward is not worth the draft capital you have at 2.
ac04
i would take CMC
YourMyBoyBlue
Need a little help on my keepers... I picked up quite a few guys late last year for potential keepers so there is some potential to get value. We can keep up to 2 but it isn't required. Player counts toward the round they were previously drafted (max of round 7).

Choose 2:

CMC (Round 1)
A.J. Brown (Round 2)
Mike Evans (Round 3)
Michael Thomas (Round 6/7)
Cordarelle Patterson (Round 6/7)
J.K. Dobbins (Round 6/7)
Travis Etienne (Round 6/7
Elijah Mitchell (Round 6/7)

GCP12
AG
PPR? What pick do you have?

If you have a late pick and it's ppr, I'd go with CMC and Etienne
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.