Dwayne Haskins Death

4,564 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by i is smart
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33706232/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-dies-being-hit-car

Details are still pending, but tragic situation. Only 24 years old.
IrishAg
jonj101 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33706232/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-dwayne-haskins-dies-being-hit-car

Details are still pending, but tragic situation. Only 24 years old.

Wow
rhutton125
DM44
"According to the Miami Herald, Haskins was driving on I-595 between Interstate 95 north and south around 6:30 a.m. when he pulled over and got out of his vehicle. He was then struck by a dump truck, according to the newspaper. It's not known if any of his teammates were present during the incident."
Clob94
DM44 said:

"According to the Miami Herald, Haskins was driving on I-595 between Interstate 95 north and south around 6:30 a.m. when he pulled over and got out of his vehicle. He was then struck by a dump truck, according to the newspaper. It's not known if any of his teammates were present during the incident."

Yahoo says he was trying to cross the highway on foot?

Why in God's name would he be crossing a freaking highway?
RadAg14
AG
bam02
AG
Awful
mts6175
AG
This is terrible.

Hate to assume, but no reason to be on 595 on foot. That is a major road. That's like trying to cross 635 in Dallas or 610 in Houston.
Scotty Appleton
Yep, the thing that makes the most sense is suicide and if he did that it's a crap thing to do to the driver of the unlucky vehicle.
boy09
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

Yep, the thing that makes the most sense is suicide and if he did that it's a crap thing to do to the driver of the unlucky vehicle.

This is a pretty wild assumption to make..
mts6175
AG
Speculation is he ran out of gas.
Scotty Appleton
boy09 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Wild? Why would he walk to the opposite side of that highway? Have you ever been there? It makes zero sense when he could have walked to an exit on his side of the highway. The exits on that highway, each direction, are fairly uniform.

Ran out of gas? So, his phone didn't work? I assume it was a rental car, so why not call the rental company, or again, walk to an exit on the side of the highway you are on.

Wild my ass.

Southlake
Scotty Appleton said:

boy09 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Wild? Why would he walk to the opposite side of that highway? Have you ever been there? It makes zero sense when he could have walked to an exit on his side of the highway. The exits on that highway, each direction, are fairly uniform.

Ran out of gas? So, his phone didn't work? I assume it was a rental car, so why not call the rental company, or again, walk to an exit on the side of the highway you are on.

Wild my ass.

"…Yep, the thing that makes the most sense is suicide…"

Suicide never makes sense.
Ag_07
AG
I'm no LEO or anything along those lines but suicide by walking across a freeway seems incredibly unlikely.

That has to be the worse suicide method ever.
amercer
AG
Very sad.

Seems what is most likely is just some really bad luck after making a poor decision. Sucks all around
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

I'm no LEO or anything along those lines but suicide by walking across a freeway seems incredibly unlikely.

That has to be the worse suicide method ever.
People who feel like their lives are over or have no worth, but don't have the means or the nerves to do something like killing themselves do go this route.

When I was at A&M in the 90s, one of my coworkers at the Batt hit a guy coming home from Dallas on a Sunday night outside of Hearne and killed him - guy threw himself into traffic and had a suicide note on him.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Enviroag02
AG
On my morning commute in Dallas as I passed under the Buckner Blvd overpass over I-30, a man jumped from the overpass and got demolished by an 18 wheeler in the lane to my right. For whatever reason, people do choose death by traffic.
W
AG
blood alcohol level of .20 with ketamine & norketamine
batchuser
Someone said haskin's side piece was in the car when it happened. And haskins wife got his portrait tattooed on her as a tribute.
Carlo4
AG
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33971836/dwayne-haskins-was-legally-drunk-death-according-toxicology-report

Three times legal limit. Cheating on his wife. Dumb enough to get out of his car on the highway, which extremely increases your odds of dying.

MookieBlaylock
AG
According to the toxicology report, two separate samples taken from Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both of which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs that are used by medical professionals as anesthetics but that also have been known to be used recreationally.

But he was on his way to training

jr15aggie
AG
Glad his life ended before he took somebody else's like Henry Ruggs did. I hope the drivers of those vehicles are not haunted by this. What a waste of a young life and terrible for the family left behind.
i is smart
AG
Even people addicted to Special K know better than to drive on it. That explains the aimless wandering. Look up the 'k hole' experience people chase on ketamine. It's a miracle he didn't harm anybody else IMO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.