2022 NFL Offseason Thread

6,993 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Captain Positivity said:

Not sure about Cleveland's logic here. They didn't want Mayfield around because they thought he was immature and wanted more stability at the position.

They traded for a guy who hasn't played in a long time and brings a lot of baggage.
cleveland gonna cleveland

its pretty obivous

the old saying once your BS outweighs your talent its bye bye

Baker is Andy Dalton 2.0 the stats are eerily similar - except Dalton was more successful
. . .
Matt Ryan to Colts (3rd round/82nd pick to Atlanta)
Jameis re-signs with Saints (2y/$28M)
Falcons sign Marcus Mariota
ApachePilot
AG
. . . said:

Matt Ryan to Colts (3rd round/82nd pick to Atlanta)
Jameis re-signs with Saints (2y/$28M)
Falcons sign Marcus Mariota

Smart play by the colts. I think Ryan is a solid QB and they have the pieces. But man is the AFC stacked now
MookieBlaylock
AG
well dang ESPN and Skip told me 16 teams would be lining up for Baker Mayfield
. . .
Mike Elko
AG
. . . said:

Yeesh. The KC offense will take a huge step backward, and Hill will never have the same type of numbers if he goes elsewhere (except maybe GB).
lunchbox
I would try to get into the mix if I were GB. Maybe they can't afford the extension he is after.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Cant wait to see Tua underthrow Tyreke by 40 yards

Tyreke makes Mahomes look better than he is

IrishAg
MookieBlaylock said:

Cant wait to see Tua underthrow Tyreke by 40 yards

Tyreke makes Mahomes look better than he is

I agree on both! Especially the Mahomes point across the board, he gets away with so much because coverage is always being drawn away because of Hill's threat of going over the top. Those no look passes he does are going to result in a lot of picks this year with coverage being a lot tighter.
W
AG
interesting that teams with great QB's are dumping their high-priced WR's
Mr.Bond
AG
W said:

interesting that teams with great QB's are dumping their high-priced WR's

Elite qbs can make good wrs great. Elite wrs don't do equally as much for good qbs
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

. . .
zooguy96
Have any of the QB's who have massive contracts ever won anything in the past 20 years? Like top 5 paid QB's in the league. I know Brady defers $$ to sign other players. I know they usually get their big contracts after winning consistently - or winning a superbowl like Mahomes (won it on a rookie contract).

Maybe Elway back in '98?

I just don't see the point in paying a QB big money... because when you do, you usually don't have enough $$ to pay the rest of your players. It seems like being the Rams and going "all in" for a year is the new thing to do (paying and trading for multiple players) rather than signing a big name QB to a big contract.

I think Cleveland is not going to win anything with that boat anchor of a contract they gave Watson.

Panama Red
AG
Top 10 Super Bowl QB Cap Percentages
  • 2009: Peyton Manning (IND): 18.8%
  • 2016: Matt Ryan (ATL): 15.3%
  • 2013: Peyton Manning (DEN): 14.16%
  • 2021: Tom Brady (TB): 12.61%
  • 2018: Tom Brady (NE): 12.42%
  • 2015: Peyton Manning (DEN): 12.21%
  • 2011: Eli Manning (NYG): 11.71%
  • 2014: Tom Brady (NE): 11.13%
  • 2021: Matthew Staffford (LA) 10.96%
  • 2011: Tom Brady (NE): 10.76%
  • 2007: Eli Manning (NYG): 10.75%

winners in bold.
Matt_ag98
Might have to tune in to Hard Knocks this year to see Dan Campbell behind the scenes etc!
. . .

Iowaggie
AG
zooguy96 said:

Have any of the QB's who have massive contracts ever won anything in the past 20 years? Like top 5 paid QB's in the league. I know Brady defers $$ to sign other players. I know they usually get their big contracts after winning consistently - or winning a superbowl like Mahomes (won it on a rookie contract).

Maybe Elway back in '98?

I just don't see the point in paying a QB big money... because when you do, you usually don't have enough $$ to pay the rest of your players. It seems like being the Rams and going "all in" for a year is the new thing to do (paying and trading for multiple players) rather than signing a big name QB to a big contract.

I think Cleveland is not going to win anything with that boat anchor of a contract they gave Watson.

The alternative though is cycling through Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jared Goff, Mark Sanchez, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Josh McGowen, Blake Bortles, etc and drafting a draft pick that either becomes playable or you waste 2 and a half seasons seeing they are Mitch Tribisky.

The GM also wants to keep their job, and a mediocre to bad QB gets everyone fired.
. . .
Well then…

ApachePilot
AG
. . . said:

Well then…

Well to be fair how much coaching does Tom really need.
IrishAg
ApachePilot said:

. . . said:

Well then…

Well to be fair how much coaching does Tom really need.
Just adds to how crazy this offseason is
MookieBlaylock
AG
is he transitioning to the first female GM?
Señor Chang
AG
Rams sign Bobby Wagner

IrishAg
Señor Chang said:

Rams sign Bobby Wagner

So it's pretty much going to be the Rams and the Bucs for the NFC next year....
ApachePilot
AG
Señor Chang said:

Rams sign Bobby Wagner

How the hell is la staying under the cap?! Are they just pushing everything down the road for future implosion??
. . .
jr15aggie
AG
One of the strangest trades I've seen in a while. Not sure what the Saints are doing... strange to do anything with future picks when their current road map is a mess. I'm not sure how this helps them.

For the Eagles it makes a little more sense, but only if they use the future picks wisely. In the short term they got hosed. No doubt they are hoping the Saints are terrible next year (might happen) and they get a top 5-10 pick next year. Not a terrible idea considering they still aren't sure about their QB, but terrible in the short term.
E
AG
Eagles receive a 3rd this year and 2nd two years from now to basically defer one of their 1sts to next year?
Vince Blake
The only way this makes sense for the Saints, to me at least, is that they are loading up to move up for a QB.
Harry Stone
AG
Great move by Philly. Give Hurts one more year to prove himself, if not, now they have 2 #1s to trade up in a better qb class. plus they get 2 extra high picks.
Max Power
AG
Vince Blake said:

The only way this makes sense for the Saints, to me at least, is that they are loading up to move up for a QB.
Yea I think the Saints are trying to move up in this draft. I also think Philly is moving their draft assets to next year since it's a better QB class if they're not sold on Hurts by the end of the season. Makes sense for both sides IMO.
. . .
jr15aggie
AG
Good for him. Unfortunately for Dallas, I think in 2 years his brother is gonna make more.
. . .
Not a Bot
. . .
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.