Cam Newton to the Patriots

1,703 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Some Junkie Cosmonaut
EconAg18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1-year deal, cheap contract loaded with incentives

misterguinness
AG
He's going to have less time to drink Cabernet while wearing an ascot.
2+2=5
CrottyKid
AG
I didn't think Cam would agree to actually work hard. I guess he wasn't getting much interest elsewhere.
BBQ4Me
AG
He wasn't getting much interest because during the QB carousel of free agency, he couldn't demonstrate he had recovered from surgery due to the COVID restrictions. Now that he can visit with teams, they've already locked in on their depth chart
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Let the media outrage commence because Kaepernick didn't get a shot.
ac04
kaep has nothing to do with this, i haven't seen anyone else bring him up in relation to this story other than you.
W
AG
this is a big gamble for both sides.

Cam had a very good supporting cast in Carolina with CMC, Greg Olsen, D.J. Moore, and Curtis Samuel...and he still struggled mightily at times.

the Patriots are significant downgrades at those positions
dc509
AG
I wouldn't call it a big gamble for both sides. The Patriots are transitioning and have a chance to add a player who could be their guy for several years and doing so on the cheap.
BBQ4Me
AG
Bill Barnwell did a good write up of this. Cam didn't have much weapons around him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29380793/grading-cam-newton-move-patriots-little-risk-huge-potential-new-look-patriots-offense
Squirrel Master
AG
It all comes down to if Cam is broken or not. If his shoulder has recovered back to pre-2017 level, he'll be able to play. If his shoulder is still trash like its been for 3 years, then he won't be very good.
Poot
Squirrel Master said:

It all comes down to if Cam is broken or not. If his shoulder has recovered back to pre-2017 level, he'll be able to play. If his shoulder is still trash like its been for 3 years, then he won't be very good.

Even if his shoulder is trash (from a throwing standpoint), he could still be a Red Zone battering ram. That foot though...

Low risk for the Pats, high upside as far as staying competitive post TB12. It's tough though... he's got the wear and tear of a RB.
Pantera
AG
Watching all his posted workouts he looks to be healthy all over. That's impressive and also scary, because we all know how good he is, and now if he has a chip on his shoulder. Watch out. I think Cam will have a great season if it is played... and hopefully it will be.

Also he is like kind of almost an Aggie since he played at Blinn, and all Blinn kids, even in Brenham, claim college station and A&M.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Also he is like kind of almost an Aggie since he played at Blinn, and all Blinn kids, even in Brenham, claim college station and A&M.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.