AB deal expected to be in place by Friday

16,355 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by . . .
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AB to new england official Lmao
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Enviroag02
AG
Signed with the Patriots?! Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown?!
Olsen
AG
Will AB last an entire season (and upcoming postseason) with the Patriots?
BBQ4Me
AG
Patriots
mike_ags_fan12
1 year 15 mil. Nine mil guaranteed
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Wow
Bunk Moreland
Unreal.
Harry Stone
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

The conditions placed on Brown by Belichick would make AB's head explode. I just don't see BB wasting time on a locker room cancer.
EllisCoAg
Matsui
AG
Shocking!!!! And. Hilarious.
BBQ4Me
AG
If AB can keep some semblance of sanity (long shot I know), Brady has some ridiculous weapons. Josh Gordon, AB, Edelman, Dorsett. Plus White out of the backfield. And a first round WR on temporary IR.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
ASdashdfahfasdfhahahahahalalllllllmmmaaaaooooooooooo!!!!!!!1
MelvinUdall
As someone that drafted Tom Brady in FF, I love it. As a Texans fan, I absolutely hate it.
mAgnoliAg
AG
So obvious when he was released he would be a patriot. That's horrible for the league when we know every troubled superstar goes to one team. **** the nfl. It's the patriots world
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
And I'm wrong. Collusion.
Olsen
AG
It's too bad that AB can't play for the Patriots tomorrow night against the Steelers.
AggieBand2004
AG
I've rarely ever thought this about a player, but I hope AB gets hurt. And I mean season-ending hurt.

This whole thing has set a horrible precedent for sports.
Mike Elko
AG
A scumbag for a scumbag organization.
. . .
DannyDuberstein
AG
The timing and $$$ amount certainly look like some back-channel tampering may have taken place before AB's ask for release.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
MelvinUdall said:

As someone that drafted Tom Brady in FF, I love it. As a Texans fan, I absolutely hate it.

oh...were y'all going to challenge new england for afc supremacy prior to them signing ab?
mAgnoliAg
AG
**** you
Ag_07
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The timing and $$$ amount certainly look like some back-channel tampering may have taken place before AB's ask for release.

No

He knew that was his only option and he'll (just like every malcontent they've signed) will be bend over backwards to play for Brady and Belichek.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

I've rarely ever thought this about a player, but I hope AB gets hurt. And I mean season-ending hurt.

It's not that serious. He didn't hurt anyone or do anything harmful outside of football. Is he an primadonna idiot? Most def. Did he kill anyone or beat his wife? No.

He basically did what Kawhi Leonard did, but only in the offseason whereas Kawhi dragged it out for the whole year. Relax.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Also.

Release me @studentloans
LawHall88
AG
ATM9000
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

AggieBand2004 said:

It's not that serious. He didn't hurt anyone or do anything harmful outside of football. Is he an primadonna idiot? Most def. Did he kill anyone or beat his wife? No.

He basically did what Kawhi Leonard did, but only in the offseason whereas Kawhi dragged it out for the whole year. Relax.

Agree with part 1. But Kawhi gave the Raptors a Title and actually played. Brown screwed the Raiders. They gave up assets for him even if they ended up not paying him.
Scientific
AG
He's openly celebrating a pay cut. It's insane how the Pats have created this cult.
Bunk Moreland
Not necessarily a pay cut. If he shuts his mouth and plays the season he'll get another deal next offseason and make the same or more.

The issue is it appears he blatantly manipulated the system in bad faith and probably ruined an organization doing it. I'm interested in the ripple effect it'll have. No clue what the consequences will be but it's just incredibly ****ty he did what he did.

And not 1 second will go by where I don't think there was collusion with some facet of the Pats organization at some point in this process.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
ATM9000 said:

Head Ninja In Charge said:

AggieBand2004 said:

Agree with part 1. But Kawhi gave the Raptors a Title and actually played. Brown screwed the Raiders. They gave up assets for him even if they ended up not paying him.
Kawhi reference was to his last season in San Antonio.
Scientific
AG
He's losing up to $10+ million this year from what I've read. It's a pay cut, & theres always the risk of injury. But yes, its a clear indication that he did manipulate this all. If he turns off his heel persona, I'll have to give him credit for the biggest troll performance in sports.

He's raised the bar that Andrew Bynum set years ago.
ATM9000
AG
What? I get what you are saying... but it is way different than Kawhi still. The Raiders ended up paying him nothing, but they gave up a 3rd and a 5th rounder to get him in the door and got zero in return for this fiasco when it ended.
ccaggie05
AG
I don't blame AB for doing what it takes to land on a team that actually has a chance at a title, but I really don't like the precedent this sort of nonsense sets. The Raiders have egg on their face, the Pats now have another star receiver, and AB acts completely unprofessional and lands on a contender's roster.
45-70Ag
AG
Pittsburgh didn't want him in New England with a trade and would have received some sort of compensation in return.

Now, he's in New England and It didn't cost them anything other than his salary.

Good to be king i guess.
ramblin_ag02
AG
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-reportedly-offered-first-round-pick-for-antonio-brown-trade-ab-hired-consultants-to-accelerate-release/amp/

Conspiracy theory making the rounds that AB just wanted to be a Patriot this whole time, and all the Steelers and Raiders drama was cooked up by him and the Pats to get someone to cut him loose
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.