I hope the pats win so Brady will retire.

3,475 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GMM
Dad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

aggie-master said:

HossAg said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

It doesn't hurt that Brady is married to a super model whose net worth about $360 million.

He can afford to play for a reduced salary, in order to help the team acquire more talent.

All of these guys can "afford" it. Egos will still prevail with most players. Brady not demanding a Rodgers type of salary should be respected.

I concur.

Once you have made 50 million over your career making 10 million more a year is going to make almost zero difference in your life. Aaron Rodgers wanted that money more than he wanted to be a winner. Tom Brady is willing to make less for a few more wins per year.
I disagree. $10 million is still a boatload of money. You get used to having made $50 million, you'll want more if its available.
.... and that is why Brady is the best ever. He puts winning first. I would be trying to grab all the money I could lke everyone else but that is not his #1 priority and I think he'd take less money if he didn't have a rich wife or any types of endorsements. The guy runs his entire life around succeeding in football and prolonging his career. No QB has ever been as dedicated. Manning might have been close but I don't think he took as good of care of his body as Brady does.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Honestly, as obsessed as Tom Brady appears to be playing football, it wouldn't totally shock me if he agreed to play for free at this point. He seems to have the personality of a junkie addict who would be willing to do anything and everything to keep his sports drug high going for as long as possible.
BigHitterDaLama
Love Brady at what he does for the craft of playing QB at the highest level.
Cant stand Bill B. or even Bob Kraft.

Once Brady is gone, guys like Edleman and Hogan are 2nd and 3rd stringers on other teams. Brady is that good.
jtstanley4621
AG
Collard Greens said:

Snake said:

Just curious, why do you loathe him? I love watching him. I get it. There are greats I couldn't stand but Brady was never one.

1. Tuck Rule
1B. Cheated on Ex Wife while pregnant
2. Spy gate
3. Deflate gate
4. Weak division
5. Boston
6. His brain is wired for contact #TB12Method
7. UGG Sponsorship
I would add to this the fact that despite being HANDS DOWN (any argument at this point is silly IMO) the greatest QB of all time, he also gets pretty damn lucky. The offsides on what should have been the game sealing INT, winning the coin toss on the road, etc.

Belichick and Brady are both the greatest of all time. I'm just tired of them. I am preemptively exhausted at the prospect of having to watch the Patriots in another Super Bowl. When Brady and Belichick are both gone, I hope that franchise has a VERY LONG period of losing.
Texan_Aggie
AG
aggie-master said:

Texan_Aggie said:

aggie-master said:

HossAg said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

It doesn't hurt that Brady is married to a super model whose net worth about $360 million.

He can afford to play for a reduced salary, in order to help the team acquire more talent.

All of these guys can "afford" it. Egos will still prevail with most players. Brady not demanding a Rodgers type of salary should be respected.

I concur.

Once you have made 50 million over your career making 10 million more a year is going to make almost zero difference in your life. Aaron Rodgers wanted that money more than he wanted to be a winner. Tom Brady is willing to make less for a few more wins per year.
I disagree. $10 million is still a boatload of money. You get used to having made $50 million, you'll want more if its available.
.... and that is why Brady is the best ever. He puts winning first. I would be trying to grab all the money I could lke everyone else but that is not his #1 priority and I think he'd take less money if he didn't have a rich wife or any types of endorsements. The guy runs his entire life around succeeding in football and prolonging his career. No QB has ever been as dedicated. Manning might have been close but I don't think he took as good of care of his body as Brady does.
I'm not debating Brady being a winner first, he absolutely is. I get your point that he is comfortable and doesn't "need" or "want" the money like others.

I'm debating that saying if you have $50M in career earnings, $10M would make "almost zero difference". $10M would absolutely make a difference.

I don't think it's right to bash Rodgers either. I think the situation Rodgers is in has been far more difficult than what Brady has had to deal with. He does not have nearly the same supporting cast around him, mainly head coach, that Brady does. I don't blame him for wanting to cash out more, if that's really how he is.
Grapesoda2525
I used to hate the Patriots. Similar to the rest of you, I resented them because they're in the super bowl seemingly every year. I rooted for the giants to beat them in 2008 and 2012.

I view the Patriots in the same light as the San Antonio Spurs. I used to hate both teams with a passion, but the last few years of Duncan's career, the team grew on me. At some point, you must have some level of appreciation for a team that has been able to sustain a very long period of success with home grown talent and intelligent drafting.

Both the spurs and the Patriots always drafted at the very end of the draft, but they would routinely field extremely competitive teams.

I don't think the golden state warriors are similar to the teams above. They brought in durant who is a top 3 player in the game through free agency.

I'm hoping Brady wins the super bowl. The rams have several dirty players I don't like ( Suh) who I'd rather not see win it all.
aTm2004
AG
Dude has earned the right to be cocky.

https://instagr.am/p/Bs4uDt9nMKH
BBQ4Me
AG
Brady has also been on the unfortunate end of luck as well. Those Giants losses in the SB were due to ridiculous grabs by David Tyree and Mario Manningham
Pumpkinhead
AG
Aaron Rodgers + girlfriend Danica Patrick Networth 2019:
$70 million + $60 million = $130 million

Tom Brady + wife Giselle Networth 2019:
$180 milllion + $400 million = $580 million

Conclusion: an extra $10 million means a lot more to Aaron than Tom. And neither one is starving.

Grapesoda2525
Pumpkinhead said:

Conclusion: an extra $10 million means a lot more to Aaron than Tom. And neither one is starving.

I'm shocked by Danica's total.

She sucked at racing. I don't recall her winning ever. I could be wrong tho,but I don't follow her sport.
Fairview
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

I'm shocked by Danica's total.

She sucked at racing. I don't recall her winning ever. I could be wrong tho,but I don't follow her sport.

It's that GoDaddy money.
ac04
danica one of only 14 people who have led both the indy 500 and the daytona 500. she definitely didn't "suck at racing"
Texan_Aggie
AG
ac04 said:

danica one of only 14 people who have led both the indy 500 and the daytona 500. she definitely didn't "suck at racing"
She has 1 career win over a 14 year career. She sucks at racing.
Grapesoda2525
ac04 said:

Danica fan boy?

Racing is an all or nothing sport my friend. You're either the winner or you're not.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, I don't see anyway he walks away regardless of the result of this game. Seems to have an extremely high passion for the game. Plus I think his unique health regimen (which has drawn some level of criticism) has become something of a matter of pride for him, so he's also trying to prove something from a longevity standpoint. And he's far from done proving what he wants to prove.
Cassius
I used to hate the Pats. But i've come to accept that this franchise under Brady and Belechik is the greatest ever.

I'll be rooting for them and I hope Brady continues to play.
claym711
AG
Interesting to watch people come up with reasons to hate the best of the best.
GMM
Danica sucks at NASCAR racing.

Leading laps at a restrictor plate track means basically nothing.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.