Interrupting an opponents' celebration

1,227 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ornithopter
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dallas did it to Philly yesterday. Anyone else see a huge problem moving forward?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
If you don't want them to celebrate, keep them out of the endzone.
rlb28
AG
I agree. However, it's unrealistic to think that games won't have a TD. I can imagine that there will be more of this and fights and 15-yard penalties.
jeffdjohnson
The Eagles went on a 2 yard "drive" after an interception when they had been shut out for the previous 3 quarters. That has to be the most embarrassing celebration of all time, the Cowboys defenders did them a favor.
DannyDuberstein
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

The Eagles went on a 2 yard "drive" after an interception when they had been shut out for the previous 3 quarters. That has to be the most embarrassing celebration of all time, the Cowboys defenders did them a favor.
Yep. Their first points after 40 minutes of football, and had to get the ball on the 2 to do it.

Also, DLaw didn't physically break it up. He just went over there and stood in front of them with his hands up like "what the **** are you guys doing? you've been getting your ass kicked all day"
birdman
If you want to show up the opponent with an embarrassing choreographed stunt, don't be surprised or angry when opponent ruins the dog and pony show.

I like it from Lawrence.

When Terrell Owens strutted around the star at midfield, I thought it was awesome when George Teague earholed him.
DallasAggie0
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Ok coach. Now this was an actually appropriate time to disrupt a celebration. It was a two yard drive, just embarrassing they tried to do a celebration for that.
AgGrad99
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Ok coach. Now this was an actually appropriate time to disrupt a celebration. It was a two yard drive, just embarrassing they tried to do a celebration for that.
Exactly. Up til that point they'd been absolutely shut down. They went 1.5 yards and wanted to put on a team celebration? Come on....I'm glad lawrence took exception.

But, going forward, this might be an issue. It's why they shut them down to begin with. They are going to have to limit the celebration to just the scoring player or something...or i could see a fight or two getting them taken away again for good.
letters at random
I have no problems with defenders standing wherever they want. There is no right to an elaborate celebration. If the offensive players try to physically move, they should get hit with a 15 yard penalty. If the defensive players are up in their faces, they are at risk of getting an unsportmanlike call. But just standing there calmly is fair game.
rlb28
AG
letters at random said:

I have no problems with defenders standing wherever they want. There is no right to an elaborate celebration. If the offensive players try to physically move, they should get hit with a 15 yard penalty. If the defensive players are up in their faces, they are at risk of getting an unsportmanlike call. But just standing there calmly is fair game.
I didn't think about it this way. Truth!
BMX Bandit
jeffdjohnson said:

This
94chem
Start the play clock as soon as the ball crosses the goal line. Instead of delay of game, penalize 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct (treat it like a sideline violation), and make it a 50 yard PAT or enforce on kickoff. Celebrations will get shorter.
MooreTrucker
AG
Celebrate in your own house. Don't celebrate in mine.
Ornithopter
AG
It needs to be like soccer. You can run over to the corner and do something if you want, but you're away from the other team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.