**** 2018 NFL Draft Thread ****

29,704 Views | 372 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by . . .
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so pumped... picking up the Miller Lites on the way home and the wife and kids were reminded a week ago, "I only ask for this once a year, please don't bother me Thursday night".

Looks like the drama is already starting... Josh Allen tweets from high school are surfacing with racially insensitive remarks. Me personally, I love draft day drama, makes it so much more fun... but not to the point where teams are really reaching for tiny bits of dirt to turn into a mud pie!!!
Mike Elko
AG
Reports saying Cleveland's taking Mayfield #1. Browns gonna Browns.
752bro4
AG
IMO Cleveland should go Barkley #1, and take whoever is left of the 3 QBs.

Walking away with your starting QB, RB, and 2-3 other starters at 33, 35, and 64 is a hell of a draft.

Unless they can get a deal by dropping from 4 to 12 and 22 with a trade from Buffalo.
Señor Chang
AG
Taking Mayfield at #1 would be the most Cleveland Browns thing ever.
Vince Blake
Hope the Browns take Chubb at 4. Myles and Chubb would be fun to watch.
Mike Elko
AG
752bro4 said:

IMO Cleveland should go Barkley #1, and take whoever is left of the 3 QBs.

Walking away with your starting QB, RB, and 2-3 other starters at 33, 35, and 64 is a hell of a draft.

Unless they can get a deal by dropping from 4 to 12 and 22 with a trade from Buffalo.
Agreed. With their QB history and the fact Mayfield's basically JFF 2.0 (sorry, but true), it's almost a certainty Mayfield will be a bust. If he falls to #4, okay, fair enough, take your QB... But #1 overall? If so, I hope the Giants take Barkley to rub their noses in it!
Aggie_95
AG
DallasAggie0
Goodell is so asshurt people boo him he's got to pull this stunt. Can't believe the cowboys agreed to this

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23324799/roger-goodell-flanked-dallas-cowboys-greats-start-nfl-draft
BMX Bandit
The problem with that strategy is that it assumes Cleveland has all three of those quarterbacks equally rated to take that high. If they have Mayfield rated as the top quarterback in the draft, they need to take him & not fool around

Personally, I think has the highest ceiling of the potential quarterbacks. He does have a pretty high bust potential also though.

I also think the "Mayfield is JFF version 2" makes absolutely no sense at all.
Mike Elko
AG
Cool. You're entitled to your opinion. I guess time will tell... I just have a hunch their NFL careers will be similar once all's said and done, especially if Mayfield is also drafted by Cleveland.
BMX Bandit
Mayfield may end up being terrible. My point is that there is nothing that shows he will have the issues Manziel had.
Broncos
ESPN saying CLE has decided on Mayfield at 1.
E
AG
I kinda want to watch Mayfield be successful at Cleveland
Bunk Moreland
I don't compare Mayfield to Manziel at all. Mayfield spent a lot more time "in" the system versus ad-libbing like Manziel excelled at.

I just don't think he's worth the #1 overall pick.

I agree with whoever said earlier on the thread...take Barkley at #1, let the next 2 picks choose a QB and roll with what's left over at 4.

Also, I love some draft-day drama too, but it'll be a long while before we top gas mask bong hit videos & text messages showing payoffs from college coaches.
Mike Elko
AG
Well, they were both arrested in college for being drunken idiots. Mayfield hasn't beaten his gf, but they do have some of the same "issues"...

"Baker has a pattern of disrespect,'' said one scout. "Off-the-field, he's Johnny Manziel.''
Said one coach: "He needs work. He's going to be a challenge."
Said one high-level NFL personnel executive: "He has not shown anywhere near enough emotional maturity to handle what's coming his way. ... A lot of Manziel characteristics."

To each their own, though. More power to him for going #1.
jr15aggie
AG
Probably safe to say most of us on here are Cowboys / Texans fans... so glad neither of us have to worry about QB at the moment. Can only hope both guys continue to show they are #1 quality and we can keep drafting guys around them!

This years crop is crap, IMO, compared to last year. Just so many desperate teams.
Enviroag02
AG
Surprising amount of Browns fans here at the draft. Seen a couple Myles jerseys.
lunchbox
Lance Z is hearing that the Jets like Rosen over Darnold...

If Darnold doesn't go #2 (to the Giants or a trade partner), he could be sitting there at 4 and the phones will start ringing in Cleveland.
Broncos
Ideally I'd like to see Mayfield and Darnold go 1 and 2 so Barkley could fall to Denver at 5. Doubtful, but I can hope.
jr15aggie
AG
lunchbox said:

If Darnold doesn't go #2 (to the Giants or a trade partner), he could be sitting there at 4 and the phones will start ringing in Cleveland.

Cleveland should take them both... It's the one thing they haven't tried yet!!!!
CrottyKid
AG
If I was the Browns, I would take Barkley at 1 and Chubb at 4 and wait another year on a FA QB or next year's draft.
jr15aggie
AG
CrottyKid said:

If I was the Browns, I would take Barkley at 1 and Chubb at 4 and wait another year on a FA QB or next year's draft.
I would agree for this years group, but they've already done that. They kept thinking "this years QBs aren't worth a top pick" and traded out of there. That's a perfectly fine strategy sometimes... other times you trade away from Carson Wentz and give him to the Eagles. You can't find your QB if you refuse to play the game.
96AgGrad
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Goodell is so asshurt people boo him he's got to pull this stunt. Can't believe the cowboys agreed to this

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23324799/roger-goodell-flanked-dallas-cowboys-greats-start-nfl-draft
Wish I was there to boo all of them.
PooDoo
AG
96AgGrad said:

DallasAggie0 said:

Wish I was there to boo all of them.
Oh he's going to wish they boo'd him after the F-Goodell chant starts.
TyHolden
AG
Browns taking 2 qbs in first round
PooDoo
AG
DSAg44 said:

Browns taking 2 qbs in first round
That could be a genius, mad scientist type move.
Gap
AG
I still don't believe Cleveland will take Mayfield #1 overall.
chris1515
AG
I'm guessing Darnold or Allen at #1.

With the Browns history at qb, I don't see how they can take a "risk". Even if they think Baker has a higher ceiling.
jr15aggie
AG
Watching the red carpet... Good Lord Darnold has a massive cranium!
tk for tu juan
Good job by Belichick holding on to those Josh Allen tweets until just the right time. Allen falls to Patriots as Brady eyes retirement
Buck Compton
AG
**** Rick Smith. That is all.
Post removed:
by user
DannyDuberstein
AG
As much of a hotheaded pissant as Mayfield can be, I could easily see him having the best career. Darnold is an INT machine which would worry me a lot - reminds me of Jameis in that regard, except maybe worse. Rosen is talented but hasnt played that much and never really got results. Plenty of INTs too and couldnt stay healthy.

Can a guy read a defense well and be accurate? That is the key. Doesn't have to throw the ball thru a wall.
PhatMack19
AG
No one kneeled for the Anthem. I guess they need to sign that contract first.
Shooz in Katy
AG
I'm still amazed at just how punchable Josh Rosen's face is.
No me importa, we has Yimbo!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.