Chris Collinsworth

2,152 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ashley
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is he the worst announcer?

Seems very patriots biased and insufferable. Very hard to listen to
aggiefan09
AG
Joe buck is worse
zephyr88
AG
Joe Buck>Beth Mowins>Chris Collingsworth
Punked Shank
AG
IM JOE BUCK!

Hah makes me laugh everytime..

Hate them all.
Matsui
AG
Like collinsworth
96AgGrad
AG
He's far from the worst. He's pretty good in fact.
PatAg
AG
He's garbage but not for liking the patriots
Arthur Stilwell
Collingsworth is still salty that the Patriots lost.
6-4-3
AG
I didn't think he had a very good night. He is usually decent in his analysis (even though his voice is tough on the ears and he misses on many replay comments). I just don't think he was on top of his game from start to finish.
birdman
Collingsworth is usually great. He seemed dumb tonight.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think Collinsworth is actually pretty good at his job.

Ya he may have been a bit off tonight but overall he's better than about 95% of the guys out there and its not really even close.
AgPediRPh
AG
He is awful. And he chose a bad night to have the worst day of his broadcast career.
Ag_07
AG
He was driving me nuts talking about how the Pats looked unstoppable and were marching it up and down the field.

Um Chris...So were the Eagles. There was one punt all game.
The Milkman
AG
Yeah he and Al Michaels are typically the best announcing team in the game I think... but Romo and Nance are close on their tails now.

Last night he was insufferable though. I'm not one to complain about announcers being biased as I typically think they just want exciting games and good stories, but he was very noticeably on the side of the Patriots when it came to his excitement for plays, his opinion on close calls, etc.

On reviews and close calls not only he was he typically openly siding with the Patriots, he was very adamant about it and seemingly disappointed when a call didnt go that way.
redag06
Romo has to do something with his voice, it is painful to listen to. Hopefully he skips the golf this offseason for voice lessons.
Demosthenes81
AG
He was at his worse whenever there was a review of a catch. Too much dead air to fill.
PatAg
AG
Texans fan?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
redag06 said:

Romo has to do something with his voice, it is painful to listen to. Hopefully he skips the golf this offseason for voice lessons.
Romo has issues with volume control. Collinsworth just flat out has an annoying voice.
BTKAG97
AG
The Milkman said:

Yeah he and Al Michaels are typically the best announcing team in the game I think...
It was amusing when Collinsworth would continually correct Michaels on what the correct play was just run.
Michaels kept calling Jet Sweeps an End Around.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/11/5/7132567/football-101-difference-between-a-jet-sweep-an-end-around-reverse

Quote:

Do you know what grinds my gears? Listening to an NFL analyst call an end around a reverse. Or call a jet sweep an end around. I expect the talking heads to know what they're talking about, especially since they are paid handsomely to do so.
ac
Normally, I respect and admire Collinsworth, but IMO he whined too much about those touchdown calls. I thought the refs made the right call in both instances. And I'm no fan of the Eagles by any means.
ashley
You guys are taking what the announcers say too seriously.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.